SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 NHL Season

MafiaMan

It's funny because it's OK to proclaim that a team is safely in a playoff spot with only a 6 point lead on 8th place and 13 games left; but DON'T YOU DARE proclaim that a team with a 3-0 series lead will safely advance to the next round of the playoffs. HOW COULD YOU BE SO FOOLISH????

• Upvote 1

It's funny because it's OK to proclaim that a team is safely in a playoff spot with only a 6 point lead on 8th place and 13 games left; but DON'T YOU DARE proclaim that a team with a 3-0 series lead will safely advance to the next round of the playoffs. HOW COULD YOU BE SO FOOLISH? ???

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This... 

They're safely in playoff position due to their lead on the 9th place team, not the 8th place team. Aren't you smart enough to know that? There aren't very many games left. It would take a MONUMENTAL collapse for the Pens to miss the playoffs, almost as monumental as blowing a three games to none series lead (maybe even more so). However, I'm not saying it isn't mathematically possible.

My bad...I got confused by your "head sewn to the carpet" comment regarding the B's probability of finishing ahead of the Pens.

Rank these three items in terms of likelihood of occurring please:

- A team blowing a 3-0 series lead.

- A team blowing an 11 point lead with 13 games left and missing the playoffs.

- A man having his head sewn to the carpet.

You sure like to run your mouth for a fan of a team that is sitting on the bubble. Washington's victory over the Bruins combined with Ottawa's victory tonight puts the Bruins in great danger of slipping to the wrong side of the bubble that they're currently clinging to for dear life. Pittsburgh, in spite of their rough weekend, is a very good bet to finish at least 3rd if not 2nd in the Metropolitan Division.

Hahaha...DaveK talking about someone else running their mouth. That's rich...

And you're right, Dave...that 6 point Penguin lead over the Bruins is VERY safe, but the Bruins are in a very treacherous spot with a 5 point lead over Ottawa.

Pittsburgh and Boston are done with head-to-head, which will make it extremely difficult for Boston to pass Pittsburgh in the standings with so few games remaining. Boston and Ottawa still have one game left to play against each other, which gives the Sens an opportunity to make it only 3 other points (exactly half of 6) to overcome... but I'm sure you were well aware of that, weren't you?

Yes, I did...because Ottawa controls their own destiny. I think Florida does too. :whistling:

• Upvote 1

Even the Pens brass are concerned about one of their hacks. Downie leads the league in penalty minutes by 50 over the next hack McLeod.http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/16/pens-admit-concern-for-sure-over-downies-lack-of-discipline/

Yes but are those penalties within the context of the game? ;)

Even the Pens brass are concerned about one of their hacks. Downie leads the league in penalty minutes by 50 over the next hack McLeod.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/16/pens-admit-concern-for-sure-over-downies-lack-of-discipline/

Downie is one of the biggest hacks in the league. I will hang up and listen to see what DaveK has to say. 

Slowly.....feeling...............playoffs.........................slipping........................................awaayyyyyyy...........

I certainly hope someone has told the Bruins that this thread would be a lot less interesting without them.

Plus, watching Bergeron on isolation camera is just about the best teaching tool there is for aspiring young hockey players.  You could watch a whole week and not find a mental error.