SiouxSports.com Forum

Future UND/ Bison football Game

Dagger

The ac did something with the Ferris St offer and negotiation that is lacking here: respect

Just because they want to treat you like a piece of s**t doesn't mean you have to agree and reply "thank you sir may I have another?".

You're no different than NDSU fans if you're comparing us to Ferris State.

Ferris State is not a DI institution in the state of North Dakota with a long time history and tradition playing NDSU!

If everyone had your mindset, we wouldn't play the game for another 11 years. That's unacceptable.

Let's go in and beat NDSU. Now we can do that, thank God.

The last game was played in Grand Forks....  So, play this first game in Fargo, win, and then cancel the 2nd game.    That wouldn't upset anyone at FU now would it?    :bigsmile:

This is exactly what a buddy and I were just texting a few minutes ago.  Then who is in the driver's seat from a negotiating standpoint!

All it takes it one victory next year in Fargo to turn the tables completely around.  Tough task...yes.  Worth making the trip...absolutely.

You're no different than NDSU fans if you're comparing us to Ferris State.

Ferris State is not a DI institution in the state of North Dakota with a long time history and tradition playing NDSU!

If everyone had your mindset, we wouldn't play the game for another 11 years. That's unacceptable.

Let's go in and beat NDSU. Now we can do that, thank God.

Thats a straw man, but good try.  I compared the ac treatment of us and Ferris.  It is undeniable they were treated more fairly.

If Bubba has the program on the trajectory you and I believe it is on, then the teams would either meet in the playoffs at some point or we would finally be too good to ignore anymore.  I really hope that would be sooner than 11 years.

Even so, I was under the impression that more than a few of us had "moved on" since joining the BSC?

#buyitout

• Upvote 2

I am a little disappointed that this is the final deal agreed to by both sides.  However, in the end, what I think really matters is scheduling the game.

There are two very different perspectives on what this means with regard to how UND football conducts business.  The first is that we don't care about the program and that this will somehow set a precedent for every future OOC game scheduled.  I do not believe this is the case, but a one time exception.  The second viewpoint is that we are willing to be the adults in the room.  The rivalry is good for both schools and the entire state of North Dakota.  Childish tactics have created a situation and terms that boggles the mind, but UND is sucking it up and going down to Fargo to hunt some Bison!  If there is a perception difference that the two Universities are playing on two different levels, I think that perception is about to be shattered.  

• Upvote 2

A couple of points:

I am glad the games are returning

It will be interesting how SU's administration handle the racist jerks who chant "Sioux Suck"

I wonder how many su fans will sell their souls (tickets) to UND fans

I wonder how many su season ticket holders will switch shirts for a day and wear UNDs

I am guessing UND will have more than 2000 fans and hopefully closer to 3500

How many disgruntled su fans will truly boycott this game

su fans are scared shitless of this game

Wow - we can win this game

I am a little disappointed that this is the final deal agreed to by both sides. However, in the end, what I think really matters is scheduling the game.

There are two very different perspectives on what this means with regard to how UND football conducts business. The first is that we don't care about the program and that this will somehow set a precedent for every future OOC game scheduled. I do not believe this is the case, but a one time exception. The second viewpoint is that we are willing to be the adults in the room. The rivalry is good for both schools and the entire state of North Dakota. Childish tactics have created a situation and terms that boggles the mind, but UND is sucking it up and going down to Fargo to hunt some Bison! If there is a perception difference that the two Universities are playing on two different levels, I think that perception is about to be shattered.

There's no question the game needed to be played. Now, it's being played.

Yes, it would've been favorable to have a home and home, but just purely playing the game and beating NDSU is the most important thing here.

I'm sure the community of GF and the alumni of UND would much rather have Valpo, Stetson or Davidson come to town to fill next year's open date......................

Those are teams we would go to when we need a "buy game".

UND just announced that when NDSU needs a "buy game" that we are for sale.

• Upvote 1

A couple of points:

I am glad the games are returning

It will be interesting how SU's administration handle the racist jerks who chant "Sioux Suck"

I wonder how many su fans will sell their souls (tickets) to UND fans

I wonder how many su season ticket holders will switch shirts for a day and wear UNDs

I am guessing UND will have more than 2000 fans and hopefully closer to 3500

How many disgruntled su fans will truly boycott this game

su fans are scared shitless of this game

Wow - we can win this game

Absolutely we can win this game. NDSU will lose all contributors from their championship teams after this season whereas UND won't be losing almost anyone from this season.

Time to get it done!

Those are teams we would go to when we need a "buy game".

UND just announced that when NDSU needs a "buy game" that we are for sale.

Yeah, well it really stings when a "buy" team comes into your place and beats you....

That's our opportunity now!

UND proud!

A couple of points that haven't been brought up yet.

1.  As a UND fan, it will be extremely difficult to get tickets to either of these games.  There will be an allotment of like 200 for family members of the players and coaches and that's about it.

2. If you're lucky enough to get a ticket by likely paying well over face value, you'll be spit on and harassed for nearly the entire time you are at the stadium by their redneck fanbase.

3.  Both of these are probably going to continue to be true for the foreseeable future as there will not be a game in Grand Forks.

• Upvote 3

As the football coaches and alumni realize, this game needs to be played. If that means playing it in Fargo, then so be it I guess.

Bottom line is UND now gets a chance to beat NDSU head-to-head, something a ton of b*tching and bickering back and forth would never accomplish.

In order to turn the tables and ease regional recruiting, UND needs to beat NDSU and change the region's perception of UND and NDSU; Bubba knows this and that's why he wants the game played.

Sitting and arguing for years is only hurting UND more than anything else. It's time to be proactive and be the better and bigger institution...

I wish all the "stakeholders" and everyone involved with the University would put this much passion, energy, and focus into beating the likes of Montana St. and EWU.  Then this program could really go somewhere again.

• Upvote 4

I wish all the "stakeholders" and everyone involved with the University would put this much passion, energy, and focus into beating the likes of Montana St. and EWU.  Then this program could really go somewhere again.

amen

Game needs to be played. If being the bigger instution and stepping up to the plate is necessary, then so be it.

Like Bubba said in the press release, rivalry games are apart of college football. It's gone on being absent too long.

Now we can finally focus on kicking the Ag school's a*s head to head.

And in this particular rivalry, we just became Delaware St. to their Delaware.

I too hate everything about the 2 game road contract...but I think this was something that will kick start interest in UND football. I am sure season tickets will go up as interest renews in the rivalry and UND football once again in the new era Bubba is rebuilding with the program. I think 4 years between games is ridiculous (2015 & 2019)...wouldn't it be great if we could sneak in a couple home playoff games in GF against the Bison between then? One last thought, before any of you Bison faithful pay homage to what you think Gene Taylor has done by not playing us and being the architect this contract for two home games...think about this...If Gene would have agreed to play us when we transitioned to D1, NDSU would most likely have a long winning streak against us now, but by delaying the rivalry he has bought UND the time to once again dominate the games like they did the last 10 meetings. As Rocky would tell anyone willing to listen "national championships ring hollow if you don't beat those knuckleheads to the north"

There is always a Jan Brady until "she" gets fed up and b*tch slaps Marsha.  The opportunity for UND to change that label comes next fall. 

If you like being Jan...cheer for St. Cloud's hockey program! 

I wish all the "stakeholders" and everyone involved with the University would put this much passion, energy, and focus into beating the likes of Montana St. and EWU. Then this program could really go somewhere again.

Who says we're not moving that direction now?

Hiring of Bubba, increasing of coaching salary pool, and improved recruiting all point to improvement.

Support UND in the game and let's go for the win. Don't buy into the idea that we can't defeat NDSU.

Would Michigan be scared to play two games in a row in Columbus if "The Game" hadnt been played for 11 years? They'd jump at that opportunity.

Support UND in the game and let's go for the win. Don't buy into the idea that we can't defeat NDSU.

Would Michigan be scared to play two games in a row in Columbus if "The Game" hadnt been played for 11 years? They'd jump at that opportunity.

Michigan wouldn't be scared but they also wouldn't be OSU's bitch and agree to this crappy deal.
  • Upvote 2

No, they wouldn't.  They would demand the respect they deserve.