SiouxSports.com Forum

Future UND/ Bison football Game

Dagger

terrible confidence, bull$%!# post

UND's first game in the Fargodome....34-13 in 1994. How many Bison fans thought with the noise it was going to be a slaughter for them...many. UND's players shut them and Rocky up,

On AGS a Bison fan thinks the game shouldn't be played because UND is not at the same level as NDSU. What does that mean? Do they think they are FBS or NFL? I guess Montana, and SDSU who were tops in their conferences in 2009 thought UND was at the same level as them and gave us H/H while look where NDSU were in 2009...racking up a monstrous 3-8 season. The dumbest excuse ever!!!

On AGS a Bison fan thinks the game shouldn't be played because UND is not at the same level as NDSU. What does that mean? Do they think they are FBS or NFL? I guess Montana, and SDSU who were tops in their conferences in 2009 thought UND was at the same level as them and gave us H/H while look where NDSU were in 2009...racking up a monstrous 3-8 season. The dumbest excuse ever!!!

Weber St

I say forget NDSU let them play whoever and schedule someone else...why should UND have to play all their games on the road?

I think we can all agree on the first game, next year at Fargo. But only schedule the one, if NDSU says no, they want 2 in Fargo well they can go pound sand.

C'mon, darell - one can appreciate your Sioux loyalty, but for cripes' sake, pick which side of your argument you want to go with and run with it. If NDSU is such a third-rate school, why are you wasting so much time and energy begging for a UND opportunity to play the Bison?

C'mon, darell - one can appreciate your Sioux loyalty, but for cripes' sake, pick which side of your argument you want to go with and run with it. If NDSU is such a third-rate school, why are you wasting so much time and energy begging for a UND opportunity to play the Bison?

The first comment you bolded was if Faison goes ahead with this 2-0 thing, my second comment is I think we can have 1 game to "get the ball rolling" but if NDSU wants more in Fargo after that, then forget it.

The first comment you bolded was if Faison goes ahead with this 2-0 thing, my second comment is I think we can have 1 game to "get the ball rolling" but if NDSU wants more in Fargo after that, then forget it.

The only side that seems to be screaming bloody murder for this game to resume is UND's. The perception, like it or not, seems to be that NDSU doesn't care who they play as long as they're playing for championships. UND seems to care only about getting NDSU back on the schedule again. Perhaps it's time UND tried a little reverse psychology and ignored NDSU for a while...

Let's be honest here for a second...in hindsight, how glad are you now that this game wasn't resumed last fall? The Bison might have hung 100 up on North Dakota's defense.

• Upvote 1

The only side that seems to be screaming bloody murder for this game to resume is UND's. The perception, like it or not, seems to be that NDSU doesn't care who they play as long as they're playing for championships. UND seems to care only about getting NDSU back on the schedule again. Perhaps it's time UND tried a little reverse psychology and ignored NDSU for a while...

Let's be honest here for a second...in hindsight, how glad are you now that this game wasn't resumed last fall? The Bison might have hung 100 up on North Dakota's defense.

Bison fans think that too, why play it will be 80-0. Then you see an Indiana St go into the dome and beat them. Here is my question...wouldn't you want to see them play and prove it will be 80-0? Another words put your money where your mouth is. UND did ignore NDSU from 2004-2007...didn't work now did it.

Bison fans think that too, why play it will be 80-0. Then you see an Indiana St go into the dome and beat them. Here is my question...wouldn't you want to see them play and prove it will be 80-0? Another words put your money where your mouth is. UND did ignore NDSU from 2004-2007...didn't work now did it.

Indiana State also happened to beat a Southern Illinois squad in 2012 for the first time in ten tries - in Carbondale - by a score of 24-3. The same Saluki team that came to Fargo a few weeks later and lost to the Bison 23-17...

Indiana State also lost at Big 10 Indiana in the Hoosiers' home opener that year 24-17. Indiana's record wasn't great but here are some of their other results from 2012:

vs Michigan State 31-27 L

vs Ohio State 52-49 L

vs Iowa 24-21 W

The Sycamores were no slouch in 2012.

I was talking specifically last season, darell, not just a random season. Any given Saturday, yes, I get that, but there is absolutely NO REASON WHATSOEVER to think that UND could have pulled off a Miracle at the Alerus last season, let alone a victory in Fargo.

• Upvote 2

Only schedule a home and home with NDSU. If they won't do it, don't cave Mr. Faison, just continue to negotiate and hope that NDSU eventually comes to their senses and schedules a home and home. Whether that starts next year and whenever, just keep trying for only the home and home.

In the meantime, why not try and schedule other Midwest FCS programs to home-and-homes to fill our schedule. I would love to see games with Northern Iowa, Southern Illinois, Illinois State, Indiana State, etc. Heck, even try get some east coast teams like New Hampshire, Maine, Delaware, etc. to agree to deals.

I believe NDSU should be UND's highest priority in terms of trying to get a home and home; however, if they won't do that (especially when they will schedule Weber State and Eastern Washington to such agreements), then move on to other opportunities with FCS clubs.

Eventually, we'll either meet NDSU in the playoffs or NDSU's athletic department will have something click upstairs and they'll schedule the home and home. Only two options in my opinion.

• Upvote 3

Only schedule a home and home with NDSU. If they won't do it, don't cave Mr. Faison, just continue to negotiate and hope that NDSU eventually comes to their senses and schedules a home and home. Whether that starts next year and whenever, just keep trying for only the home and home.

In the meantime, why not try and schedule other Midwest FCS programs to home-and-homes to fill our schedule. I would love to see games with Northern Iowa, Southern Illinois, Illinois State, Indiana State, etc. Heck, even try get some east coast teams like New Hampshire, Maine, Delaware, etc. to agree to deals.

I believe NDSU should be UND's highest priority in terms of trying to get a home and home; however, if they won't do that (especially when they will schedule Weber State and Eastern Washington to such agreements), then move on to other opportunities with FCS clubs.

Eventually, we'll either meet NDSU in the playoffs or NDSU's athletic department will have something click upstairs and they'll schedule the home and home. Only two options in my opinion.

very well put...spot on

I was talking specifically last season, darell, not just a random season. Any given Saturday, yes, I get that, but there is absolutely NO REASON WHATSOEVER to think that UND could have pulled off a Miracle at the Alerus last season, let alone a victory in Fargo.

Then why play games. Just write down the score and print that as a final. Only a certain few can beat anyone, forget about anybody can beat anybody. If that's your mindset how the hell did Union win a hockey National Title? How does a wild card team win a Super Bowl? How did App St beat Michigan? Answer...THEY PLAYED THE GAME!!

Then why play games. Just write down the score and print that as a final. Only a certain few can beat anyone, forget about anybody can beat anybody. If that's your mindset how the hell did Union win a hockey National Title? How does a wild card team win a Super Bowl? How did App St beat Michigan? Answer...THEY PLAYED THE GAME!!

Oh please. Anyone who saw Union College play the last three years knew that the Dutchmen were a serious threat to win a title this last season. Long before 99% of hockey fans learned how to spell "Gostisbehere."

Now you're playing into the mindset that NDSU fans claim - that a win over the Bison is akin to winning the Super Bowl - the rest of the season be damned.

• Upvote 1

Oh please. Anyone who saw Union College play the last three years knew that the Dutchmen were a serious threat to win a title this last season. Long before 99% of hockey fans learned how to spell "Gostisbehere."

Now you're playing into the mindset that NDSU fans claim - that a win over the Bison is akin to winning the Super Bowl - the rest of the season be damned.

No I'm not and you missed my Super Bowl example. On paper and on the field is two different things. On paper a wild card in the NFL is going against a Divison champ with a better record and team, but the game is played out and the wild card wins...why? Because anything can happen during the game. Did you catch it?

No I'm not and you missed my Super Bowl example. On paper and on the field is two different things. On paper a wild card in the NFL is going against a Divison champ with a better record and team, but the game is played out and the wild card wins...why? Because anything can happen during the game. Did you catch it?

Or could it be that the wild card team had a better record then the Division Champion, if I'm not mistaken that happened last year in the NFC with Seattle and San Francisco.

Yep, I caught your analogy loud and clear. So now, the NDSU Bison are the 2013 Seattle Seahawks and UND is either the New Orleans Saints or the San Francisco 49ers. However, an apples to apples comparison would have UND as the 2013 Jacksonville Jaguars or the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Or could it be that the wild card team had a better record then the Division Champion, if I'm not mistaken that happened last year in the NFC with Seattle and San Francisco.

Seattle (13-3) is in the same division as San Fran (12-4). However, the wilf-card 49ers had a better record than NFC East champion Philadelphia (10-6) ad NFC Central champion Green Bay (8-7-1) last season.

Where did this asinine idea that somehow UND is on the hook to "suck it up" or "take what is given to them" come from? It's been over 10 years since we stopped playing; it is time they get over what mean old Roger Thomas did to them. :silly: And I don't care if NDSU wins TEN consecutive FCS titles, the very concept of every game being in Fargo from now on needs to die right here and right now. Period. Faison needs to be a hardliner on this or God only knows what else FU will demand next. Could anyone imagine Iowa or Iowa State caving in to something like this? Then why should we? We shouldn't. :angry:

Couldn't agree more - If Faison agrees to kiss their butt I will do everything I can to get him canned.

After reading this thread something very interesting is going on. Theres alot of excuses for not playing NDSU.

Play the two games in Fargo. Get the ball rolling.

You keep demanding and setting terms like Faison did the results will be the same. If Faison hadnt demanded the game be played every year the game would have been played a couple of times or more already.

Where did this asinine idea that somehow UND is on the hook to "suck it up" or "take what is given to them" come from? It's been over 10 years since we stopped playing; it is time they get over what mean old Roger Thomas did to them. :silly: And I don't care if NDSU wins TEN consecutive FCS titles, the very concept of every game being in Fargo from now on needs to die right here and right now. Period. Faison needs to be a hardliner on this or God only knows what else FU will demand next. Could anyone imagine Iowa or Iowa State caving in to something like this? Then why should we? We shouldn't. :angry:

Money Concessions were made by Iowas State due to the fact that their seating capacity was not comeparable to Iowas when they were trying to restart the rivalry.. When they increased their seating they renegotiated the agreement.

Iowa vs Iowa State didnt happen for many many years. 40?

The UND and NDSU rivalry could be like the Missou - Kansas rivalry. When Missou left the Big XII for the SEC Kansas told Missou that we will not play you anymore in any sport. At least UND and NDSU play each other in other sports still, where Missou and Kansas fans have to hope for the two schools meeting in the NCAA tournaments or any other tournaments during the year. It looks like Missou is trying to get the rivalry back together with Kansas like UND is trying to get the rivalry back together with NDSU, But Kansas like UDSU doesn't want to continue to play their rival.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/vahe-gregorian/article364685/It%E2%80%99s-time-for-Tigers-and-Jayhawks-to-make-up.html

Seconds after the victory was secured Saturday, MU athletic director Mike Alden asked, “Why would you not want to play that? When you think about that type of competition and the healthy rivalry, why wouldn’t you want to play?”

The answer from KU remains unchanged and essentially goes like this:

Missouri betrayed the Big 12 and Kansas by leaving the imperiled conference to join the Southeastern Conference.

Therefore, everything is different and KU can’t play because Mizzou needs KU more than KU needs it, especially in Kansas City.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/vahe-gregorian/article320679/KU-MU-must-resume-their-rivalry-and-soon.html

“We miss Missouri Without question For the immediate future, for both programs, there is something missing — for the immediate future,” Kansas coach Bill Self said Thursday in his office. “But from our standpoint, they’re not part of our long-term future. And we’re not part of their long-term future.”

“My opinion is still the exact same it was a year ago, and it’s not a hatred opinion,” Self said. “It’s just like, ‘Hey, you took your ball and went and played with somebody else. We’re not just standing on the sidelines waiting to play with you. We’ve got other people we can play.’”

“Maybe the next coach may see it differently, or maybe the next chancellor, or maybe the next athletic director,” Self said, “because time does have a way of soothing some things.”

“Nobody’s going to view it as a great rivalry five years from now; nobody’s going to view it as a rivalry 10 years from now,” Self said. “There will be somebody else who will emerge in some way, shape or form that kind of fills that role for both programs.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/5/7/5692266/border-war-missouri-kansas-rivalry

"We want to play Kansas again. It was a great rivalry we had all those years," Pinkel said. "It’s been an open invitation. There’s some pouting going on still.

"It’s unfortunate, but it will happen again someday. It will. It would be great for our fans. In every sport, it would be good. We’ll see what happens." - Gary Pinkel

After reading this thread something very interesting is going on. Theres alot of excuses for not playing NDSU.

Play the two games in Fargo. Get the ball rolling.

You keep demanding and setting terms like Faison did the results will be the same. If Faison hadnt demanded the game be played every year the game would have been played a couple of times or more already.

A lot of excuses? You mean people aren't willing to bend over and accept every demand NDSU has? What is amusing is that every time UND has made a concession from what they wanted, NDSU felt the need to ask for more. Faison has accepted at least one deal that was on the table. If GT wouldn't have rescinded it after it was accepted the games would have been on the schedule as well.