SiouxSports.com Forum

Attn all Sioux fans

gfhockey

Not to rain on your parade, but I voted for the goal that is better not for the team that's scores the goal.

Thank goodness! Got a little bracket pool going with a few friends; my picks are based on best goal; others voted on the assumption that Sioux fans would push all the Sioux players through.

Where are our loyal Fighting Sioux fans? Of course we can like the goals that other players score but we should be voting for and supporting our players.Thats what fans do they support their team! Just like fan voting in the Hobey award,I do think there are other players better than Dillon Simpson but I voted for him everyday because he is on the team I support.

Where are our loyal Fighting Sioux fans? Of course we can like the goals that other players score but we should be voting for and supporting our players.Thats what fans do they support their team! Just like fan voting in the Hobey award,I do think there are other players better than Dillon Simpson but I voted for him everyday because he is on the team I support.

I was thinking the same thing.

It may have to do with the green tinted glasses I wear but I legitimately think the two best goals were Drake's and the one by Rocco ranked fifth. Pitt's was really nice too, but it was really terrible defense by the other team. Picking between the Pitt goal, Rocco goal, and Drake goal is going to be tough.

I don't think you are being disloyal by voting for a player from another team. If everyone just votes their colors the vote is meaningless, so who would care about the result?

Unless you're Keikla or SiouxTupa. Then you're definitely being disloyal.

I'm not sure I really like that

So when UND fans rally to vote for a UND player in the fan voting for the Hobey, do all the voters objectively believe every year that the UND player is better than all the other finalists? It's okay to be a homer for Hobey voting, but not okay for this? In the grand scheme of things, all of these fan voting things are meaningless, but this one is even more meaningless than the Hobey. I say, vote for whatever goal you want for whatever reason.

I don't think Drake's is hands-down the best, but it is 1 or 2 for sure. He walked the senior captain D on the Penrose-winning team, and went shelf from a really tough angle. One by Kovacs is a nice move around a D then fake out the G/bowl him over. Pitt's I think should win, regardless of how crappy the D played him, he chipped it to an open spot to himself and then made a great shot to beat the goalie. So he basically skated through the whole Michigan team. It's between Drake and Pitt for me, and despite the pool I'll still probably vote for Drake.

Granted, whoever decided to only go with the #1 goals probably made the wrong call. There were some weeks with a bad #1 and others where the #2 and #3 were just as good.

Also, who picked that ultra-repetitive ear-worm background music? I like rock for sure, but a little variety would be nice!

I don't think Drake's is hands-down the best, but it is 1 or 2 for sure. He walked the senior captain D on the Penrose-winning team, and went shelf from a really tough angle. One by Kovacs is a nice move around a D then fake out the G/bowl him over. Pitt's I think should win, regardless of how crappy the D played him, he chipped it to an open spot to himself and then made a great shot to beat the goalie. So he basically skated through the whole Michigan team. It's between Drake and Pitt for me, and despite the pool I'll still probably vote for Drake.

Granted, whoever decided to only go with the #1 goals probably made the wrong call. There were some weeks with a bad #1 and others where the #2 and #3 were just as good.

Also, who picked that ultra-repetitive ear-worm background music? I like rock for sure, but a little variety would be nice!

Clearly, someone who didn't want to sift through and unofficially rank 80 goals this year decided just the #1s were eligible. If you can't win your own week then how can you win the tournament? Only scrubs have complained about that.

You only hear the song once a week, but it signifies that hey, this is the Top 5 goals. You just know what's going to happen next when you hear that extensively awesome music play. NBC has their three note jingle and you know you're watching NBC. Same is true for Top 5 goals. You know you're ready for something intensely satisfying when that music starts up.

Clearly, someone who didn't want to sift through and unofficially rank 80 goals this year decided just the #1s were eligible. If you can't win your own week then how can you win the tournament? Only scrubs have complained about that.

You only hear the song once a week, but it signifies that hey, this is the Top 5 goals. You just know what's going to happen next when you hear that extensively awesome music play. NBC has their three note jingle and you know you're watching NBC. Same is true for Top 5 goals. You know you're ready for something intensely satisfying when that music starts up.

I agree with southpaw, it's like branding the NCHC's top 5 goals of the week. SiouxTupa is just a hater, and apparently has never listened to Barry White, cause it's not even close.