SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs. CC - best of 3

AZSIOUX

Zane has been really, really good...that will continue. 4 goals in the last 3 games (with Pattyn scoring half of those) ...that better not continue.

Race horse hockey coming to the Ralph next weekend...UND sweeps in a couple high scoring games. I'll go 5-3 Friday and 6-2 Saturday.

having lost 2 of the last 3 and only scoring 4 goals in the last 10 periods indicates the mojo from the surge has been lost and desperately needs to be found again. the last 3 games have looked more reminiscent of the first two months(at least offensively anyways). if tech took UND to three games last season, no reason to think CC won't do the same. UND in three, in which the only nice thing about winning a series in three games this season is there is no Thursday game this season.

having lost 2 of the last 3 and only scoring 4 goals in the last 10 periods indicates the mojo from the surge has been lost and desperately needs to be found again. the last 3 games have looked more reminiscent of the first two months(at least offensively anyways). if tech took UND to three games last season, no reason to think CC won't do the same. UND in three, in which the only nice thing about winning a series in three games this season is there is no Thursday game this season.

SCSU is first in the conference, so I don't think losing to them is cause to assume the boys are back to early season form. And you're selectively choosing the last 10 periods because, if you said the last 11, the number of goals would jump from 4 to 9.

As for Western, I kind of equate them to a good Mankato team...not the most skilled ever, but a few great players and always a tough, hard fought game. So I don't think losing one to them is indicative of losing the mojo either, especially considering how even the game was throughout.

It very well may take UND three games to get past CC, but I don't think the situation is as desperate as you make it out to be. But, maybe I'm being overly optimistic. I completely agree about the Thursday game, though. Especially if the playoff went to three games, you played the thursday play in game, won to play friday and saturday and then got placed in a regional that played Thursday/Friday the following week. Brutal.

no Thursday play in game pal

I know; that's what we were saying. Siouweet said the only good thing about winning in 3 games is that there is no longer a Thursday play in game, and I agreed with that, noting how hard that schedule could end up being in years past. But I went back and edited my wording so that it's easier for the simple folk to understand.

SCSU is first in the conference, so I don't think losing to them is cause to assume the boys are back to early season form. And you're selectively choosing the last 10 periods because, if you said the last 11, the number of goals would jump from 4 to 9.

As for Western, I kind of equate them to a good Mankato team...not the most skilled ever, but a few great players and always a tough, hard fought game. So I don't think losing one to them is indicative of losing the mojo either, especially considering how even the game was throughout.

It very well may take UND three games to get past CC, but I don't think the situation is as desperate as you make it out to be. But, maybe I'm being overly optimistic. I completely agree about the Thursday game, though. Especially if the playoff went to three games, you played the thursday play in game, won to play friday and saturday and then got placed in a regional that played Thursday/Friday the following week. Brutal.

Regionals are played either Friday/Saturday or Saturday/Sunday. There are no games ever on Thursday.

Apparently, UNO starts its series on Thursday because of a concert.

I know, but in that part, I really was talking about the regionals. If I were UNO, I'd be mad because either the arena didn't think they'd get home ice or didn't care.

Sioux better find that offensive spark if they want to play for a few more weeks. Lost their Mojo last few games. It should open up against CC but after that who knows who they will play. Go sioux!! this is the best time to be a college hockey fan! As Clarke tweeted..... #Greenbannertime

I took a look back at the UND vs CC scores for this season and last year's. Based on these results, I'm predicting scores of 3-2, 3-4, and 5-3. UND in 3.

5-3 W - GF

3-2 W - GF

3-4 L (OT) - Final Five

5-3 W - GF

3-4 L - GF

3-2 W (OT) - CC

3-5 L - CC

Always some pretty close and exciting games. I remember the 3-2 OT W in Colorado Springs last season. Sioux scored to tie with barely anytime left to force OT. The game was so back and forth, my friends and I could barely breathe. And of course we totally lost it when the Sioux scored in OT. World Arena was rocking with Sioux fans.

I took a look back at the UND vs CC scores for this season and last year's. Based on these results, I'm predicting scores of 3-2, 3-4, and 5-3. UND in 3.

5-3 W - GF

3-2 W - GF

3-4 L (OT) - Final Five

5-3 W - GF

3-4 L - GF

3-2 W (OT) - CC

3-5 L - CC

Always some pretty close and exciting games. I remember the 3-2 OT W in Colorado Springs last season. Sioux scored to tie with barely anytime left to force OT. The game was so back and forth, my friends and I could barely breathe. And of course we totally lost it when the Sioux scored in OT. World Arena was rocking with Sioux fans.

We're taking this thing in 2. No doubt about it. SCSU was scoring at will against these guys.

Truth be told, one of my favorite matchups is UND-CC. I'm not happy UND lost out on the white banner, but this was the matchup I wanted all along.

Whereas UND and Denver engage in a lot of 2-1 games over the years, These Sioux-Tiger games always seem to result in high scoring, wide-open affairs.

A few favorites that stand out - Thanksgiving Weekend shootout a couple of weeks ago - I believe it was a 7-6 UND win. Rylan Schwartz with a hat trick - in a loss!

The 2011 Final Five Semifinal - OT win by the good guys was also one of my favorite games of the past five years. Not only a great finish, but outstanding individual performances and this was the Evan Trupp game where he picked up the puck and practically skated the length of the ice.

Good times. I will be in attendance this weekend. Let's get some atmosphere going up there! I wonder if UND marketing is considering a White-Out or Thundersticks or something (lame, I know, for some) but there has to be a step in the right direction to get people to make some noise.

Watching both games last weekend on TV ( I dunno, maybe it was Greg "Green" Akers) but man, the atmsophere seemed like it was a USA-U18 exhibition game rather than a race for the Penrose.

Truth be told, one of my favorite matchups is UND-CC. I'm not happy UND lost out on the white banner, but this was the matchup I wanted all along.

Whereas UND and Denver engage in a lot of 2-1 games over the years, These Sioux-Tiger games always seem to result in high scoring, wide-open affairs.

A few favorites that stand out - Thanksgiving Weekend shootout a couple of weeks ago - I believe it was a 7-6 UND win. Rylan Schwartz with a hat trick - in a loss!

The 2011 Final Five Semifinal - OT win by the good guys was also one of my favorite games of the past five years. Not only a great finish, but outstanding individual performances and this was the Evan Trupp game where he picked up the puck and practically skated the length of the ice.

Good times. I will be in attendance this weekend. Let's get some atmosphere going up there! I wonder if UND marketing is considering a White-Out or Thundersticks or something (lame, I know, for some) but there has to be a step in the right direction to get people to make some noise.

Watching both games last weekend on TV ( I dunno, maybe it was Greg "Green" Akers) but man, the atmsophere seemed like it was a USA-U18 exhibition game rather than a race for the Penrose.

I think that happened in the championship game vs. Denver on Saturday night (Frattin scored the winner in double OT). I watched it on YouTube with Hennessy on the call ("Hit the side of the net, oh come on!" :lol:).

Wasn't that move in the championship game against Denver?

• Upvote 1