SiouxSports.com Forum

Class B Tournament in Grand Forks

SiouxVolley

In depth sideline reporting from the "B" by Wilbur's dad...no wait report was from my dad...Oak Grove was up 20 but Flasher fought back and had a look from 3 to win it at the end. Oak Grove wins game one by 2.

Region 4...correct. I played shortly after they transitioned away from the peach baskets! ;)

I know you aren't a lot older than me. We played Grace City and Kensal regularly, but that was about as far west as we went. Only "big" guy I really remember around my age was Lon Waggoner.

I know you aren't a lot older than me. We played Grace City and Kensal regularly, but that was about as far west as we went. Only "big" guy I really remember around my age was Lon Waggoner.

He is my cousin...and I'm a few years older.

Lon's dad, Ron, is still in record books playing at New Town and NDSU.

Linton beats Cavalier by 2.

I was able to watch the 4th quarter. Easily the worst stretch of BB I have seen played in a "B". Horrible BB. Cavalier missed 7 or 8 shots from 4' or less in the quarter and Linton missed 5 or 6 FTs to ice it...then toss in TO after TO. BRUTAL!! The less crappy team pulled it out.

So to recap:

Linton>>Cavalier>>Grafton>>good share of Class A teams!

Linton beats Cavalier by 2.

I was able to watch the 4th quarter. Easily the worst stretch of BB I have seen played in a "B". Horrible BB. Cavalier missed 7 or 8 shots from 4' or less in the quarter and Linton missed 5 or 6 FTs to ice it...then toss in TO after TO. BRUTAL!! The less crappy team pulled it out.

So to recap:

Linton>>Cavalier>>Grafton>>good share of Class A teams!

Did Dennis Beck storm the court and chew out the Lions?

I had to leave after the third quarter, and was shocked to hear that Linton had won. I thought that in terms of athleticism and strength, Cavalier looked vastly superior (Linton players looked really scrawny and they struggled on the boards), but in the first half Linton's hot shooting kept them pretty much even. I expected Cavalier would win going away after they seemed to take control in the third quarter.

True 'dat! It's absolutely absurd that the girls are wasting their time in front of 500-2,000 fans in the Xcel Energy Center. Common sense would tell you that that tournament would have more success and be a lot more "alive" in a smaller venue.

But, good old Minnesota..."well if the boys have it there, the girls have to have it there too..."

If it had not been for some parents suing it would still be at the Ridder.

I seem to remember lots of naysayers talking about how horrible it was to have the tournament there. I thought it was incredible. Great site for the B tournament.

That week had temps in the high 50s to low 60s. Great crowds and weather.

The middle child syndrome. There really are not enough big little/small big schools to have a third class is there? As for Trinity what is their point? Really how fun can it be to win a rigged game? One thing that might make a difference is to not allow athletes to get any financial assistance. That should go for all private schools. If you can't pay the tuition on your own you can't play. It would be interesting to compare how private schools that give financial aid do in sports to private schools that don 't?

This is not fair. Lots of kids get some sort of assistance... And now you want to tell their family that "you can come here... But if you can't pay that last grand on your own.... Jimmy can't play sports."

North Dakota private schools recruit a lot less than people think.