SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ UMD BULLDOGS - Friday

AZSIOUX

Zane played so good last night....his lateral movement is pro material.

It is, he was a half step ahead of every play last night. Keep that up and he plays every game and sioux win many more games. Solid overall win. Our D core is very confident right now O and D wise! Carrying this team point wise. All 7 could play nightly

It is, he was a half step ahead of every play last night. Keep that up and he plays every game and sioux win many more games. Solid overall win. Our D core is very confident right now O and D wise! Carrying this team point wise. All 7 could play nightly

Agreed, our D may be the best group, collectively, in the nation. I notice mattson gets a little risky at times and he isn't the greatest in his own zone but he is super crafty. I have honestly been very impressed with Thompson, that kid needs to play nightly.

Agreed, our D may be the best group, collectively, in the nation. I notice mattson gets a little risky at times and he isn't the greatest in his own zone but he is super crafty. I have honestly been very impressed with Thompson, that kid needs to play nightly.

Get ausmus is for Mitch then as he needs to be on the ice as well. They are both developing nicely as well as Troy and Ladue but we all could see off the bat that they were ready. All so mobile and just scratching the surface.

Lately you can see how great schmaltz could be. He has it all there for him to be big time

Get ausmus is for Mitch then as he needs to be on the ice as well. They are both developing nicely as well as Troy and Ladue but we all could see off the bat that they were ready. All so mobile and just scratching the surface.

Lately you can see how great schmaltz could be. He has it all there for him to be big time

Yup once he packs more muscle on that frame he'll play with the big boys

CC did us a favor by beating Denver up at Magness and creating some distance between us and DU. I went to the game and CC is really starting to play good hockey. Hopefully they can get their first sweep tonight at World Arena.

Terrible Tech-like jerseys though!

While UND did not take UMD out to the proverbial woodshed, they did outplay UMD is almost all phases of the game except shots on goal. By midway through the second period the Sioux were winning almost all of the little battles for the puck. UND was winning the puck possession battle. As far as I am concerned, UMD got outplayed on their home ice. The first 5-10 minutes were concerning because of the scrambles in front of the UND net. After that, the defense settled down. It was clearly evident the UND defense outplayed the UMD defense. UND is already exceeding what I expected them to be able to do this year. If they win tonight, they are in position to be able to take the Penrose Cup next week.

Having said that, UMD appears to be a young team with a lot of skill. They could definitely be a strong contender the next couple of years. Iafalo especially could be something special, skill with speed.

While UND did not take UMD out to the proverbial woodshed, they did outplay UMD is almost all phases of the game except shots on goal. By midway through the second period the Sioux were winning almost all of the little battles for the puck. UND was winning the puck possession battle. As far as I am concerned, UMD got outplayed on their home ice. The first 5-10 minutes were concerning because of the scrambles in front of the UND net. After that, the defense settled down. It was clearly evident the UND defense outplayed the UMD defense. UND is already exceeding what I expected them to be able to do this year. If they win tonight, they are in position to be able to take the Penrose Cup next week.

Having said that, UMD appears to be a young team with a lot of skill. They could definitely be a strong contender the next couple of years. Iafalo especially could be something special, skill with speed.

UMD definitely has some skill through their forward lines. They skate well too.

So I collect team pucks for every college rink I visit for a game. I've been to Magness many many times over the years for CC or North Dakota games and, because of my strong dis-like for Pio nation, just have not been able to bring myself to drop money on a DU puck. I finally broke and got one last night after more then ten years of holding out.

CC did us a favor by beating Denver up at Magness and creating some distance between us and DU. I went to the game and CC is really starting to play good hockey. Hopefully they can get their first sweep tonight at World Arena.

I watched part of that game and the thing that impressed me, and not in a good way, was how much of a dive fest it was coming from both benches. Thank god the Sioux have never been that team!

A more descriptive version of the way the game looked to me on TV.

I watched part of that game and the thing that impressed me, and not in a good way, was how much of a dive fest it was coming from both benches. Thank god the Sioux have never been that team!

My CC and DU buddies cracked up reading this! They say us Sioux fans are never biased!

Great weekend of Sioux hockey!! This was my first trip to Duluth, and I plan on making the trip again next year. Great turnout of Sioux fans at Amsoil Arena. Nothing but classy Bulldog fans by me. Only good things to say about them, as well as all the servers in the Duluth area as well. I'll be coming again next season for sure.

Great weekend of Sioux hockey!! This was my first trip to Duluth, and I plan on making the trip again next year. Great turnout of Sioux fans at Amsoil Arena. Nothing but classy Bulldog fans by me. Only good things to say about them, as well as all the servers in the Duluth area as well. I'll be coming again next season for sure.

Agreed, Bulldog fans were super friendly to me all weekend which makes them really tough to hate.

It probably helped that we put a beatdown on their team. A 12 year old hockey player from Hermantown sitting in front of me said that Duluth is good unless they play North Dakota, then they suck :lol: