SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Olympic Hockey

Ray77

Moral of the story. Canada attacked the puck in the third we did not.

...because they were down two goals. It's pretty easy to be in "attack mode" when you have nothing to lose. The question is...would they have done the same thing as the US had they been up 2 goals?

Did USA "play not to lose" or did Canada "have nothing to lose?"

Desperation is a funny thing.

I thought the US were doing a great job in the third until a bad bounce resulted in the 1st Canadian goal. After that there was a definite change in demeanor and the 2nd goal was an unfortunate bad play by the goalie.

I'm not going to blame the lose on the officials, but they were flat our brutal all game (both ways, and it has to be hard to draw the line with the physical play.)

• Upvote 1

That's two years in a row my team has been upset - last year as the #2 seed losing the semi-final to the #3 seed and this year as the #1 seed losing the championship game to the #3 seed.

How long will I tolerate mediocrity?

It's obvious my system doesn't work.

Most talented team in the league...some former state indoor and outdoor champions on this team. How come I can't motivate them?

It's time...to fire myself.

With the fleece hats as a recruiting tool you shouldn't lose a game. I think that your team is too pampered. Every one of your games should be played in an icy parking lot with limited lighting. If you don't win a championship within the next three years regardless of winning percentage your team needs to look else where. My son is a huge fan of pig with spatula, and this type of stretch is unacceptable. No championships in his lifetime.....

With the fleece hats as a recruiting tool you shouldn't lose a game. I think that your team is too pampered. Every one of your games should be played in an icy parking lot with limited lighting. If you don't win a championship within the next three years regardless of winning percentage your team needs to look else where. My son is a huge fan of pig with spatula, and this type of stretch is unacceptable. No championships in his lifetime.....

I'm sure MM's team plays D and C too and their PP probably sucks as well.

I agree, Wilbur, and am definitely catching heat from the fans. I don't play broomball for the regular season champion t-shirts - I play for the playoff trophies stacked away in a box in my garage somewhere. No excuse this season - 6-0-1 record in the regular season, then 1-1 in the playoffs.

Maybe I won't tell MafiaBoy and will just let him think his dad is the same great player he was about seven years ago when he scored a league-record 8 goals in one game.

The great ones always know when it's time to hang 'em up...perhaps I'm just the Minnesota version of Willie Mays trying to play outfield for the New York Mets...

I agree, Wilbur, and am definitely catching heat from the fans. I don't play broomball for the regular season champion t-shirts - I play for the playoff trophies stacked away in a box in my garage somewhere. No excuse this season - 6-0-1 record in the regular season, then 1-1 in the playoffs.

Maybe I won't tell MafiaBoy and will just let him think his dad is the same great player he was about seven years ago when he scored a league-record 8 goals in one game.

The great ones always know when it's time to hang 'em up...perhaps I'm just the Minnesota version of Willie Mays trying to play outfield for the New York Mets...

Can't win the big one....

The Swiss put in an empyt netter to go ahead 4-2, but the Swedes score with a minute left to make it 4-3. Another great game.

Edit: and the Swiss women win their first hockey medal, taking the Bronze 4-3. All four goals in the third period.

John...sorry to burst your bubble, but this game was played at 6:30 am Central time this morning!

• Upvote 1

The Swiss put in an empyt netter to go ahead 4-2, but the Swedes score with a minute left to make it 4-3. Another great game.

Edit: and the Swiss women win their first hockey medal, taking the Bronze 4-3. All four goals in the third period.

Isn't this their SECOND hockey medal then? I think they won their first one this morning.