SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Olympic Hockey

Ray77

I didn't watch closely enough because I'm at work, but it sure looked again like the US team was completely gassed through most of the 3rd. That's what let Canada back in during the round robin, and in 2010. Did they not roll all lines? Canada had much better legs through the end of the game. Still very sad to see the penalties decide the game.

• Upvote 1

I didn't watch closely enough because I'm at work, but it sure looked again like the US team was completely gassed through most of the 3rd. That's what let Canada back in during the round robin, and in 2010. Did they not roll all lines? Canada had much better legs through the end of the game. Still very sad to see the penalties decide the game.

I did hear the announcers say at one point in time during the third that USA was only rolling three lines.

The US goalie completely lost the puck on that power play goal at end. She was looking the wrong way!

She blew the game. The second goal was a harmless play as well until she coughed it up.

Was that the same Lamoureux in the box for the Olympic Gold OT and the Gophers long OT game?

I thought the slash was a weak call, but who knows how they call this game.

After watching all the physical play go uncalled throughout the game, the slash call on 17 in OT was just ridiculous. Changed the whole complexion of the OT. If neither penalty gets called and we are 4 on 4, no way does the Canadian player get the breakaway that results in the second penalty. Great game and hats off to Team Canada but that BS call makes it a tough pill to swallow.

After watching all the physical play go uncalled throughout the game, the slash call on 17 in OT was just ridiculous. Changed the whole complexion of the OT. If neither penalty gets called and we are 4 on 4, no way does the Canadian player get the breakaway that results in the second penalty.

You DIDN'T want a penalty called on the Canuck for using her stick to slam the US player onto the back of her head?

You DIDN'T want a penalty called on the Canuck for using her stick to slam the US player onto the back of her head?

Of course. My point was that the call immediately following was likely done only because the refs didn't want to see the game end on the power play. Why else to you call that other than to even things up? My opinion is that the make up call lead directly to the breakaway penalty that put Canada on the PP.

USA should have finished in regulation but that doesn't excuse the horrible officiating in OT. Canada's penalty was basically a 2 handed cross check to the head while the U.S. got called for a slash call that happens many times every game and isn't called and ten gets called because the Canadian girl was tired and Knight is stronger, pretty pathetic way to decide a gold medal. I thought Canada's goalie was the difference as she really stole a couple from the U.S. while the U.S. goalie pretty much gave Canada one. This really makes me hate Canada even more and really that Wickenhiser but hopefully the men can get some sort of redemption tomorrow. Something needs to be done about the reffing in the Olympics and especially on the womens side because they were horrible throughout and ultimately played a huge role in deciding who won the gold.

• Upvote 1

They had to, it was 3 on 3 then Knight takes a penalty Canada pulls the goal for a 4 on 3 powerplay then it became a 5 on 3 for 5 seconds then 5 on 4.

No. It was 4 on 4. Canada took a penalty to make it 4 on 3 USA. Then USA took a penalty to make it 3 on 3. When USA took a second penalty, they wouldn't make it 3 on 2 so they added a player to each side making it 5 on 3 Canada.

• Upvote 1