SiouxSports.com Forum

Karl Goehring stepping down @ the the Hockey academy

Frozen4sioux

I have wondered in the past if he was an incognito goalie coach for the team, with the Hockey Academy as a cover. Not that the academy was fake by any means just a way to have a coach. Does anyone think this is or even could have been the case? Or am I assuming the NCAA is not so easily duped?

I have wondered in the past if he was an incognito goalie coach for the team, with the Hockey Academy as a cover. Not that the academy was fake by any means just a way to have a coach. Does anyone think this is or even could have been the case? Or am I assuming the NCAA is not so easily duped?

It's not fake anything, he's a volunteer goalie coach with UND.

Edited by Goon

I think what the poster was referring to is the acadamy was paying his salary to coach as a volunteer.

Exactly, Hockey Academy Director with a big (alumni paid) salary keeps a coach near and financially able to volunteer coach at UND. I am in no way implying Carl is or was doing this. I have just wondered if that scenario is feasible. Like if I was Howard Hamm and paid Goon a cool 100K a year under the table to teach goonery to the 25 year old canadiens that seem to be getting soft. (sarcasm). If I was a rich man, rabid UND Sioux hockey fan, and GF youth hockey enthusiast, this would be a scenario I would entertain. unfortunately I am only a rabid Sioux fan.

Exactly, Hockey Academy Director with a big (alumni paid) salary keeps a coach near and financially able to volunteer coach at UND. I am in no way implying Carl is or was doing this. I have just wondered if that scenario is feasible.

I'm confused...is Carl Karl's evil twin brother?

Um...yea...I was driving the getaway car last night, remember?

And at the same time supposedly giving me a "thumbs up" for my MNSIOUX license plate and then accusing me ignoring you. I try to avoid all illegal activity (unless it involves gophers).

And at the same time supposedly giving me a "thumbs up" for my MNSIOUX license plate and then accusing me ignoring you. I try to avoid all illegal activity (unless it involves gophers).

Didn't you read my other post? I think I saw SIOUXMN and not your plate. I was nowhere near your neck of the woods the other day.