SiouxSports.com Forum

Fleet Farm coming to Grand Forks

Sioux_FF

I heard this from a friend who works for one of the local utilities. He says they are doing design work for providing service to a new Fleet Farm store to be built near the new WalMart on Hwy 2 West.

He said it's also 90% certain a Home Depot is going in across Hwy 2 to the north from those 2 stores. Going to be nice additions to the north side of town.

If you are talking about mills That's odd. The family that runs fleet farm I thought had an agreement with hoe that they would never come into gf and compete with them.

I heard it from a couple of sources that insist preparations are in the works, because they are involved with them.....

Jean K. was 93 yrs old when she passed away almost 6 years ago..............The Mills family is on at least the 3rd generation of management. I don't know how much an urban legend handshake agreement from decades ago matters in 2014.

• Upvote 1

I heard it from a couple of sources that insist preparations are in the works, because they are involved with them.....

Jean K. was 93 yrs old when she passed away almost 6 years ago..............The Mills family is on at least the 3rd generation of management. I don't know how much an urban legend handshake agreement from decades ago matters in 2014.

I heard rumors of FF and Home depot back in August...

I didn't believe it was such an urban legend handshake...maybe a handshake but far from an urban legend. Too bad if it's true.

I heard this from a friend who works for one of the local utilities. He says they are doing design work for providing service to a new Fleet Farm store to be built near the new WalMart on Hwy 2 West.

He said it's also 90% certain a Home Depot is going in across Hwy 2 to the north from those 2 stores. Going to be nice additions to the north side of town.

Awesome, the price of gas will go down quite a bit in this town. With Walmart and Fleet Farm.

Awesome, the price of gas will go down quite a bit in this town. With Walmart and Fleet Farm.

walmart has done nothing for the price of gas in this town, they have been selling gas for years here and don't have much of an impact. if flying j and fleet farm got together, then maybe...

I'm surprised at the development of the US 2 corridor between I-29 and GFK. That must be a by-product of the Bakken (folks that used to go to Minot and are tired of that mess may be coming east now to shop). The fact that that area is now flood protected also can't hurt.

Then everyone can make nothing selling gas just like Fargo. Notice though FlyingJ aka Pilot "the thieves" and Sam's never lowered the price here. Fleet does not do it anywhere else but Fargo.

Sams isn't a leader when it comes to lowering gas prices. All they do is follow the other in town prices and try to stay a little below them. I stopped filling there when they stopped selling gas with no ethanol. Totally different subject but for now with ethanol free gas you can boost mpgs by almost 10% for only 3% higher of a cost. These days will soon be gone though with the government mandating ethanol use.

Sams isn't a leader when it comes to lowering gas prices. All they do is follow the other in town prices and try to stay a little below them. I stopped filling there when they stopped selling gas with no ethanol. Totally different subject but for now with ethanol free gas you can boost mpgs by almost 10% for only 3% higher of a cost. These days will soon be gone though with the government mandating ethanol use.

Ethanol is on its way out. Make way for butanol. Which has the same horsepower produced as gas. As an avid snowmobiler I am excited about that.

This is so true. I prefer regular unleaded because I will get an extra 30 miles out of a tank for an extra $1.50.

Depending on the location. Sam's does no run the stations. Murphy Oil does. Detroit Lakes has had problems for years because of Murphy Oil selling to cheap. But then Murphy Oil has been fined in Minnesota for selling gas to cheaply.

Depending on the location. Sam's does no run the stations. Murphy Oil does. Detroit Lakes has had problems for years because of Murphy Oil selling to cheap. But then Murphy Oil has been fined in Minnesota for selling gas to cheaply.

Odd. I know in grand forks when sams stopped selling ethanol free I complained and was directed to bentonville regarding the gas they sell. And that's ridiculous that a station can be fined for selling gas too cheap!

Odd. I know in grand forks when sams stopped selling ethanol free I complained and was directed to bentonville regarding the gas they sell. And that's ridiculous that a station can be fined for selling gas too cheap!

It is operated in Minnesota like milk prices are controlled in North Dakota. The reasoning that is used is that the big guys can not undercut the little guys forcing them out of business. Redkneck just google Sam's Club gas and Murphy Oil.

walmart has done nothing for the price of gas in this town, they have been selling gas for years here and don't have much of an impact. if flying j and fleet farm got together, then maybe...

Right now, Sam's Club Gas is $3.00 and the rest of the gas stations are at $3.05... I haven't been to the Flying J lately to see what they have gas at.