SiouxSports.com Forum

World Juniors

AZSIOUX

With the way the teams have been playing I'd say advantage USA, but you throw everything out the window when these teams get together. I knew the Slovaks would push Canada, but not to the point where Canada had to come from two down to win it.

Should be fun 9:30 AM hockey! :lol:

I'd have to do some digging. If I recall correctly, it wasn't like "let's not invite that 17 year old Toews kid to camp" I thought it was more like "Hey 16 year old Toews kid, you know how you've always wanted to play in the world juniors, well going to the states for college isn't going to help your chances, you'd be a lot better off playing in the dub"

It was actually a bit more direct than that. Before his first WJC, it was said by the Canadian hierarchy, if you choose college over major junior, you may not be making the Canadian team. They tried to use it as leverage to get him to major junior. Appears they were not crazy enough to go through with the threat when he chose the Sioux.

Sweden 2 Russia 1 after 2, Czech's 4 Slovak's 1 start of the 3rd.

Group A is wide open:

Germany is in with a Czech lose

Slovak's finishes 3rd with a win, OT/shootout win, or OT/shootout lose (if my math is correct)

Czech's finishes 3rd with a win

Czech's finishes 4th with OT/shootout win (if my math is correct) or OT/shootout lose

USA wins the group a win, OT/shootout win, or OT/shootout lose

USA finishes 2nd with a lose

Canada wins the group with a win

Canada finishes 2nd with a lose, OT/shootout win, or OT/shootout lose