SiouxSports.com Forum

Freshman Class

LDL

Just curious to know who from the red-shirting freshman class (excluding those who played as true Freshmen) are potential early contributors next season. In past years the GF Herald ran a season wrap-up article but I didn't see one this year (may have missed it).

The weekly pre-game write-ups from UND used to list scout players of the week but I didn't see any of those either. Thought maybe we could discuss something in addition to the coaching vacancy on these cold winter nights.

• 3 weeks later...

Too bad Kuksa is probably gone. Unlike the Upper Classmen the school has not made any comments on his return?? Neck surgery is what I read, probably not a risk he would be willing to take in coming back, but the school has made no comment on him long term, only out for the season. He was a game changer, hope he is recovering well.

I do not understand how Kuksa could hit so hard! I have seen him in person and he is a twig! If only we would have just redshirted him!

Wasn't he hurt in practice anyways? Not to get too generic, but the difference he made on the defense was similar to the Viking's with and without Harrison Smith.

Had surgery on neck. Not something everyone comes back from. Don't know details. The way he plays and hits he may be advised to hang it up. I was told similar to Peyton Manning's surgery. Manning was advised by some not to play again. Riskier for db who plays as physical as this kid.