SiouxSports.com Forum

Craig Bohl to Wyoming

UND99

A lot of Bison fans not to happy with Bohl . Apparently Bohl is making offers to come to Wyoming to the same kids he had already offered to NDSU. Keep it classy Bohl.

C'mon Risky, that's the nature of the game. Some of Steve Sarkisian's Washington recruits are now following him to USC...and Chris Peterson's former Boise State recruits are looking at Washington. That's the way the system works.

C'mon Risky, that's the nature of the game. Some of Steve Sarkisian's Washington recruits are now following him to USC...and Chris Peterson's former Boise State recruits are looking at Washington. That's the way the system works.

Neither of your examples were still getting paid and coaching for Washington or Boise St. though.

Neither of your examples were still getting paid and coaching for Washington or Boise St. though.

NDSU knew what it was getting into when it allowed Bohl to finish out the season. He's serving two masters and as long as the Bison win next Saturday, I'd imagine fans and administration will be plenty glad they allowed him to do so.

I agree......but

Coach Bohl and several of the assistants are still being paid by NDSU and have been paid by NDSU to recruit these kids

and

his contract does state that he cannot contact kids that NDSU has been recruiting unless Wyoming was already actively recruiting them..

NDSU was in a bad spot with him taking so much staff with him to Wyoming that Taylor had to decide between doing what was best for NDSU this year and for the Seniors on the team this season vs. doing what is best for NDSU going forward.......I am sure that the preference at the time and especially now with this going on, he wished he could have told Bohl to go kick rocks which I understand was the sentiment of most of the team as well.

I agree......but Coach Bohl and several of the assistants are still being paid by NDSU and have been paid by NDSU to recruit these kids and his contract does state that he cannot contact kids that NDSU has been recruiting unless Wyoming was already actively recruiting them.

He can't contact them...but how many of those recruits contacted HIM about the possibility of coming along to Wyoming? High school football players don't commit to schools for their academics or the beautiful campus setting...they commit to football coaches. Period.

He can't contact them...but how many of those recruits contacted HIM about the possibility of coming along to Wyoming? High school football players don't commit to schools for their academics or the beautiful campus setting...they commit to football coaches. Period.

I wouldn't go quite that far. Of course you have to like the coaching staff but the school has to offer the classes and degree you desire. For example, if you want to be a goat roper, Moooo U would be a better fit than UND which is known more for aviation, law and medical.

I wouldn't go quite that far. Of course you have to like the coaching staff but the school has to offer the classes and degree you desire. For example, if you want to be a goat roper, Moooo U would be a better fit than UND which is known more for aviation, law and medical.

I think you just answered your own stupid question about why others come here

Sorry if the goat roper comment hit too close to home for you.

Dude is just pissed that Bohl is going to steal all the recruits that can play at the FBS level.

They're following the coach. To a better program and a better school. Where they don't use the beginner level settings and then yell, "Yay, we're winning!"

• Upvote 1

Dude is just pissed that Bohl is going to steal all the recruits that can play at the FBS level.

They're following the coach. To a better program and a better school. Where they don't use the beginner level settings and then yell, "Yay, we're winning!"

Not pissed at all. We're big boys and will be just fine

Just watch and learn

Umm....is north Dakota known for being a leader in farming or in law/medical? I'll give you a hint..."moo".