SiouxSports.com Forum

Upper Bowl View of the Ralph

IrishSiouxFan

Wasn't exactly sure which thread topic this belonged under. This is something I've been working on for a while now and just thought I'd share it with you guys. Whether I'm there in person or only in spirit (at home watching on tv), the Ralph is one of my favorite places on Earth. It's not just the level of play and tradition of UND hockey, but the people, pageantry, and energy of that building that creates the perfect atmosphere for the game we love. We all know that there isn't a bad seat in the Ralph, but in my opinion the upper bowl offers a vantage point that allows the spectator to take it all in.

REAUpperOil2Copy_zps03ea39f6.jpg

• Upvote 4

Wasn't exactly sure which thread topic this belonged under. This is something I've been working on for a while now and just thought I'd share it with you guys. Whether I'm there in person or only in spirit (at home watching on tv), the Ralph is one of my favorite places on Earth. It's not just the level of play and tradition of UND hockey, but the people, pageantry, and energy of that building that creates the perfect atmosphere for the game we love. We all know that there isn't a bad seat in the Ralph, and in my opinion the upper bowl offers an vantage point that allows the spectator to take it all in.

Pretty cool picture. Mind letting inquiring minds know what program(s) you used to make that?

• Upvote 1

That's my corner in upper bowl - to me the ideal seat would be isle seats 1st row upper or top row lower in that corner

I like the first row upper or the very top row upper. I've been on the glass on numerous occasions and loved being up close to the action, especially during big hits and fights. But, I always felt like my view was obstructed by the dirty and scratched up plexi glass. Much rather be in the upper.

Top of section 306.

I am in the lower bowl directly below that (Section 106). I have had those seats since REA opened, although I think 306 gives you a better vantage point for viewing the whole ice. I once sat in the very top row of the upper deck around center ice in the student section; it looks like a video game from up there!

If I could hand pick my seats at the Ralph right now, I would pick the first row of the corner sections. Best seats in the house to see all the action IMO. Anyone got any they want to give me??!!! Ha!!

For the last year of the Old Ralph I was in the front row of the corner for every game. For the first two years of the new Ralph I was front row right next to visitor penalty box.

Since I work for Air Force hockey, I see every game from the press box point of view so whenever I'm able to go to UND games I always get seats in the front 3 rows. Love being close to the ice.

• 3 weeks later...

That's my corner in upper bowl - to me the ideal seat would be isle seats 1st row upper or top row lower in that corner

We are also in 306 (third row), and I agree that it's the best vantage point. UND shoots on this end twice, view of the player benches (more interesting than looking at the penalty boxes, in my opinion), and everything happens right in front of us.

Dave