SiouxSports.com Forum

Portland State GDT

geaux_sioux

Yea based on the level of competition they played against which has nothing to do with how fast they can run. You need to read the rest of your post where you go on to say that if I support him as a d1 starter blah blah blah. Really? Do you think there's any way I would support him as a d1 starter?

I don't think I need to read the rest of my post being I composed it; I know what it says. You stated Hanson could just as well start; thus, you must be implying Hanson is similar in ability to Mollberg.

it is painfully obvious that und got caught with a short depth chart at qb. it is possible and probably likely that Bartles currently has a better understanding, tho he is slower. you never know until you try something/somebody else. the qb battle was reported to be razor close. friend said, he wouldn't be afraid to play any of the freshman. what if?, what if?

it is painfully obvious that und got caught with a short depth chart at qb. it is possible and probably likely that Bartles currently has a better understanding, tho he is slower. you never know until you try something/somebody else. the qb battle was reported to be razor close. friend said, he wouldn't be afraid to play any of the freshman. what if?, what if?

The fact we entered this season without a sophomore, junior, or senior QB is a glaring issue that Mussman and staff screwed up on. I'll admit I too thought at the beginning of the season it wouldn't be nearly as big of an issue as what it has turned out to be. Then again, I was also banking on our QBs not being turnover machines playing in an offense with ABSOLUTELY no running game. Horrid defense to start the season didn't help either. If anything indicates inadequate coaching, the roster distribution and depth chart have proven to be downright bad.

The fact we entered this season without a sophomore, junior, or senior QB is a glaring issue that Mussman and staff screwed up on. I'll admit I too thought at the beginning of the season it wouldn't be nearly as big of an issue as what it has turned out to be. Then again, I was also banking on our QBs not being turnover machines playing in an offense with ABSOLUTELY no running game. Horrid defense to start the season didn't help either. If anything indicates inadequate coaching, the roster distribution and depth chart have proven to be downright bad.

They whiffed on Comes and Demler...and it came back to bite em in the ass

I question that. I watched both play high school ball, and trust me, Detroit Lakes faces 100x better competition than Grafton does in North Dakota Class AA football. If you support Hanson as a DI starter, then you obviously don't realize the talent differential between Mollberg/Bartels and Hanson. There's been numerous times where Mussman has even hinted at this (e.g. spring ball).

DL isn't a high level of MN football, so Grafton must not get much of a look at all.

I'd have to agree that Detroit Lakes plays a higher level of competition, but why does that matter? The area that Hanson comes from has produced many great athletes. Maybe Hanson is the 'gamer' type with the intangibles it takes to win. You never know. I'm not saying go ahead and start Hanson, but why rule a guy out because his competition was weaker?

DL isn't a high level of MN football, so Grafton must not get much of a look at all.

Often times North Dakota Class A produces several better teams than what Class AA has to offer. So, in short, yes, North Dakota Class AA is rather weak in competition (Wahpeton and Fargo Shanley are usually quite talented however).

I'd have to agree that Detroit Lakes plays a higher level of competition, but why does that matter? The area that Hanson comes from has produced many great athletes. Maybe Hanson is the 'gamer' type with the intangibles it takes to win. You never know. I'm not saying go ahead and start Hanson, but why rule a guy out because his competition was weaker?

He just doesn't have the measurables. In all honestly, all this speculation is rather moot because Hanson will never start a game at UND.

He just doesn't have the measurables. In all honestly, all this speculation is rather moot because Hanson will never start a game at UND.

I am from nd, so I have to call you out on the 100x better statement. I think Grafton plays teams like shanley, wahpeton, and then down from there. dl has Thief river falls, Crookston, Perham, etc, etdc. better-yes, 100x-doubtful

I am from nd, so I have to call you out on the 100x better statement. I think Grafton plays teams like shanley, wahpeton, and then down from there. dl has Thief river falls, Crookston, Perham, etc, etdc. better-yes, 100x-doubtful

The 100-times better statement was a bit of a hyperbole; nevertheless, ND Class AA football does not offer much stiff competition. I'd take Class A most years over Class AA.