SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs EWU...GAMEDAY

Oxbow6

My brother is law had trouble keeping on weight as an OLB, but he would build it up in the offseason and burn it off in season most years.

I have a ridiculous metabolism and thought i couldn't gain weight. One year I committed myself to eating as much as possible and from that point on I was able to put on over 30 lbs of muscle and was able to keep it on. We're talking a ton of food here. It takes dedication to stuff yourself til you almost burst 5 times a day but it works. I also didn't lose speed because it was almost entirely muscle and I made sure my core was strong enough to carry the extra weight. If I could do it than anyone can do it. They just have to want to bad enough.

I was more encouraged Saturday. I thought the guys gave a good effort and competed for the first time in a few home games. A couple of breaks go our way instead of against us and we have a chance to win. The roughing the punter no-call and not blowing the Golladay play dead prior to the fumble were big and could have gone the other way. Still a long way to go but better than we have seen for a while.

It comes down to nutrition. If a skinny guy doesn't eat an extreme amount of food he won't gain weight. That's on Jake.

How about working out more in the weight room and adding muscle, which weighs more than fat. BTW, just eating calories adds fat, we want condition.

How about working out more in the weight room and adding muscle, which weighs more than fat. BTW, just eating calories adds fat, we want condition.

Clearly he was working out but between the workouts and his metabolism he is saying it was extremely difficult, but possible to gain the right kind of weight but getting tons of calories. Some guys don't need to eat a lot but a few with the crazy fast metabolism do. Some guys, probably Jake fits this category, have a really tough time putting and keeping on weight and it requires more then just lifting because I am sure he works out hard in the weight room.

This post shows a clear lack of knowledge on nutrition. If you have a very high metabolism like me and want to gain weight all the while working out at extreme intensity 5 days a week you need to eat a serious amount of calories. As a side note my body fat went from 3% to 5% after I gained all the weight. Guess what? I got faster and more explosive and yet I weighed more. I was also more durable.

So you're saying muscle weighs more than fat? Thanks for that knowledge, I had no idea.

Just eating calories adds fat? My goodness. I'm almost at a loss with how to respond to this drivel. If you don't eat enough fats and carbs, which your body uses for energy guess where it looks for energy next? Your muscles. You will not gain muscle mass if you don't eat enough fats and carbs because your body is too busy burning everything you eat to meet your energy demands. If you don't work out and you eat too much of anything you will get fat because your body will store the excess as fat for later when it needs it. If you work out you body will burn everything up until it gets what it needs, after that it repairs/builds muscles which is why you need to eat as many calories as possible. You don't see body builders eating salads and leans steaks and fruits only to gain muscle. They pound mass amount of calories and protein to build up their bodies because they know that you can't make any gains if you don't have enough calories. It's really really simple. The more you workout the more you have to eat.

BTW Jake is in great condition, how's that working out for him at 168 lbs? If he were 200 lbs he'd be in just as good of condition and would be able to break arms tackles and be a true feature back.

I tell you what - Cam Kuksa is quickly becoming the best player we have on defense. He was all over the place and I couldn't have been more impressed with him. I've heard that Cole Reyes was performing just as well as Cam before he was injured. I've also heard Norberg is the LB version of those two, so we should have plenty of young playmakers on the defense for years to come.

I tell you what - Cam Kuksa is quickly becoming the best player we have on defense. He was all over the place and I couldn't have been more impressed with him. I've heard that Cole Reyes was performing just as well as Cam before he was injured. I've also heard Norberg is the LB version of those two, so we should have plenty of young playmakers on the defense for years to come.

I really hope you are right.

I've heard great things about that class as a whole. I've heard that they're 'big fuckers' they bust their ass they don't make excuses and they want to win. This is from as good a source as there is. We have a big talented and hungry group of fr.

Interesting ruling on the Golliday fumble. Muss said on his show with Hammer that the ruling is that if another offensive player continues to push the ball carrier forward, the refs won't call it down right away.

Muss said they coach the players to not push the pile like that (presumably in open field situations not pertaining to first downs or tds).

Golloday could have also thought "oh shoot they are going afte the ball, I better just drop down to my knees."

I don't blame the refs that much. Not like it even mattered in the grand scheme of things...on that pick six I had a great view...on of the und player hit him hard thinking the EWU would fall down and he gave up on the play well as we know he EWU player wanted it more regained composure and ran other fifty yards....that play didn't have to be a near pick six...that was the worse individual effort and consequence I have seen so far this year.