SiouxSports.com Forum

The next coach of UND football is....

darell1976

Well how is that going to work when gfhockey said the new coach will be announced tomorrow morning?

It is just what I heard. Different source.

Ill know more when I go to the watering hole tonite...thinking it will get leaked first then Faison announcing it....be patient my friends..

ill post when im at the bar.

Unless the coach has some other obligation, I can't figure it out either. And I can't figure out what that obligation would be?

Obligation, could be bowl/playoff game. Not everyone is comfortable leaving a current team hanging in the middle of a national title run or bowl game appearance. Although some coaches are just fine leaving recruits at a local cafe and running off to Ohio (Cincy).

No you can't. Respectfully, it would appear you are terribly uninformed.

Moot point though as he didn't "apply".

If uninformed means I don't know the man or his family personally, I'm no longer connected to GF, and am looking at this objectively, then guilty as charged.

I agree with UND-1...He really doesn't have the right experience and was no better off than a lot of the other applicants.

I hate to ramp off topic but I may as well join in here. What made Brooks a good candidate was that he knows the area plus nationally known and would have brought a huge amount of excitement to the program. If you look on paper and paper only sure there might have been ten that measured up to him or atleast close. He probably blends with those ten for the Sam Houston job but here he's going to stand out. He would have been a great hire here.
  • Upvote 1