SiouxSports.com Forum

The next coach of UND football is....

darell1976

You message board geniuses are so obviously missing the best coach und could get, that would be pflugard, the ex Montana coach, currently at weber state, knows the big sky, excellent coach. He was the scapegoat for the Montana president. Montana fans think he is better than their current coach.

You message board geniuses are so obviously missing the best coach und could get, that would be pflugard, the ex Montana coach, currently at weber state, knows the big sky, excellent coach. He was the scapegoat for the Montana president. Montana fans think he is better than their current coach.

I know some Griz fans in the Missoula area that wouldn't argue with you.

He'd be a tough one to pass on.

He would come here with a lot of motivation to get back to the top.

I'm not so high Bollinger because the guy only has a year and half or so of experience in coaching. Great athlete, great player, local guy, lots of wins at the collegiate level, NFL experience etc................

My question is, if he had grown up and attended high school in Bum@#$, OH, would anybody want him as head coach here at this point?

Shoot I would take him at su if bohl left

I think with Bohl's record the past three or four years it's not if he leaves, it's when and where he leaves. I think somebody is going to go get him after the season from a Major BCS school.

I'm not so high Bollinger because the guy only has a year and half or so of experience in coaching. Great athlete, great player, local guy, lots of wins at the collegiate level, NFL experience etc................

My question is, if he had grown up and attended high school in Bum@#$, OH, would anybody want him as head coach here at this point?

What's the difference between Bollinger and Cliff Kingsbury?

About three years of being an offensive coordinator. CK wasn't just an OC but he was an OC at a SEC school, that is bigtime. Beating Bama gets a guy noticed.

Having Johnny Football gets you noticed...let's not get confused here.

About three years of being an offensive coordinator. CK wasn't just an OC but he was an OC at a SEC school, that is bigtime. Beating Bama gets a guy noticed.

True but he was hired at big time school. It wasn't like he went from big time OC to mid major HC. What I'm getting at is he's doing just fine at a young and at a major school. I think Bollinger could do the same here.

IMO, the situation with Bohl at FU is not unlike the situation we had with Lennon 6 years ago. Bohl routinely has had his team in the Top 5 of their division going back several years now. Multiple national championship appearances and wins in Bohl's case. Always a favorite to challenge for the title. Lennon had the opportunity to go to Montana St., one of the better schools in the division above him at the time and he withdrew. Later he accepted the opportunity to go to one of the better schools in the division above him at the time and that was Southern Illinois. Bohl has undoubetdly had offers the last couple seasons. At some point, he's going to get an offer that he can't turn down, just like Lennon did. It is a credit to NDSU and to Bohl. He is a good coach.

Having Johnny Football gets you noticed...let's not get confused here.

It does, but it absurd to compare CK and BB. The guy was groomed for four years under Sumlin and he worked his way up the ladder while working under him.

BB has been a assistant coach for one year at the college level. Picking him is a lot riskier.

It does, but it absurd to compare CK and BB. The guy was groomed for four years under Sumlin and he worked his way up the ladder while working under him.

BB has been a assistant coach for one year at the college level. Picking him is a lot riskier.

Which is why we are talking about BB going to UND and not a SEC team. What I'm saying is they have similiar backgrounds and both have tremendous upsides. Give Bollinger the chance and I believe he can do what Kingsbury is doing at Texas Tech.

Stay away from Bollinger right now; too inexperienced. For those who argue for BB, y'all live in a small world. There are way better, more experienced candidates out there than Brooks Bollinger. Let's get a guy that's been coaching in the NFL and FBS for many years, not only Pitt for a year and half.

• Upvote 2

Which is why we are talking about BB going to UND and not a SEC team. What I'm saying is they have similiar backgrounds and both have tremendous upsides. Give Bollinger the chance and I believe he can do what Kingsbury is doing at Texas Tech.

I don't think BB has really proven he has tremendous upside. He might have it but it is hard to say based on his inexperience.

I do agree with people who say if never would have lived in GF....nobody here is saying a word about him.

Stay away from Bollinger right now; too inexperienced. For those who argue for BB, y'all live in a small world. There are way better, more experienced candidates out there than Brooks Bollinger. Let's get a guy that's been coaching in the NFL and FBS for many years, not only Pitt for a year and half.

If we live in a small world you live in a dream world. No NFL or FBS guy is coming. We may have a shot Pflugrad which would be excellent. UND was 3-8 last year and hasn't had a real successful year since 2008 when we were D-2. Dwindling attendance and having to compete in a hockey dominated town is not going to attract people to take a pay cut and come up to the frozen tundra and live. It's not going to happen. We can dream big but its not in the cards right now.

The more I think about it, I think I'd like to see someone who is without UND/Grand Forks ties*.

No strings to pull on; No buddy-buddy circles to deal with; Just Football.

Now if he hates Grizzlies, Bobcats, Eagles, and Lumberjacks, all the better. ;)

*See: Brian Jones, Brian Idalski, Ashley Hardee.

If we live in a small world you live in a dream world. No NFL or FBS guy is coming. We may have a shot Pflugrad which would be excellent. UND was 3-8 last year and hasn't had a real successful year since 2008 when we were D-2. Dwindling attendance and having to compete in a hockey dominated town is not going to attract people to take a pay cut and come up to the frozen tundra and live. It's not going to happen. We can dream big but its not in the cards right now.

Those qualifications are specifically listed as preferences on the job opening notice. There are several position coaches in the FBS and NFL, along with FCS coordinators, that are likely interested in the job. Just wait and see. Even Pflugrad has FBS experience so I don't know what you're talking about.

I get the feeling that some of you are living in fantasy land. We have almost zero shot at getting most of the coaches mentioned, unless of course we are going to be paying the new HC in the $300,000 range.

the job desc. says 150,000 min...if you have better credentials (tibesar) maybe you get 200,000 plus some incentives for winning and attendance??? and he gets to finally put down HEAD COACH down on his resume... so i don't think that we are living in a fantasy land throwing names like his around...