SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux-gopher Week

jk

This looks to be a series for the ages.

There appears to be a difference of opinion about this, but I personally feel that MN is completely back to where they want to be. To allow one goal in six periods to CC on the road, then shut out MSUM, tells me their defense and goaltending have solidified. They're scoring goals again, and they've only lost one game in more than two months.

Here is the key point of interest for me:

Both of these teams have been clearly better than their opponents for quite some time now. The last opponent the Sioux played that could stay with them was BC. The last team MN played that was clearly better than them was UND. Even though they subsequently struggled with Wisco and BU, you could tell watching those games who the better team was.

For both teams (think about MN's results since they got healthy), each weekend has been a matter of mopping up the weaker opponent. There have been struggles here and there with effort or hot opposing goaltenders, but for the most part, if they came to play, they won.

So how will each team play when it faces an equal, an opponent who can pour on the pressure just as well as the team itself? That is the key for me. MN is very good now... just as good as UND, IMO. What a great, great weekend of hockey we have ahead of us.

In re-reading this, it may appear that I didn't give enough respect to the Sioux. At this point, the strength of this team goes without saying, IMO. So I didn't bother saying it.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The FSN Clowns were ripping on UND for only having played 6 away games this year, and for having a weak non-conference schedule. They said it is better than last year, but continue to discredit our team's success. :lol:

FM and DW may be nice guys, but they are clowns and they talk out of their a**es more than any commentators I have ever heard.

I liken FSN's goons to Ross' stages of coping with death. From her book, Death and Dying, which came out in either the 60s or the 70s, she states that there are several steps to coping with grief. First is denial, and then follows sorrow, anger, questioning, and on and on until acceptance.

This is no different with Mazziocco (sp?) and Woog when it comes to dealing with a Gopher loss. First they say that this is a game the Goofs shouldn't have lost and then they proceed to a very fast sorrow stage usually signified by reminiscing over highlights of the plays that did them in, then they start pointing fingers (anger and some questioning) and then they talk about looking forward to next week (acceptance).

:lol:

Gee, why do I hate Ass-Clown U? What complete and utter BS. Who has the strongest strength of schedule (unamimously, BTW)? Uhhhhhh, I think that would be the Sioux. Who travels the fewest miles of any team in the conference (every @#%$&^ year)? Uhhhhhhhhhh, I think that would be the University of the People's Republic of Minnesota. Can you tell it's Sioux-yellow vermin week?

The FSN Clowns were ripping on UND for only having played 6 away games this year, and for having a weak non-conference schedule. They said it is better than last year, but continue to discredit our team's success. :lol:

According the clowned prince of the WCHA Wooger UND hasn't played anyone yet?

Hum, we swept DU at their barn (UofM split with them) took three points from the Huskies at their barn, and swept Tech. That 5-0-1 on the road not too bad if you ask me. Not too mention that UND only has 8 more road games and 6 at home.

I think UND will do fine, besides UofM still has a way to go to catch UND for the top spot...

"Who can match up with Tallackson? Who can match up with Potulny? Who can shoot the puck like Ballard? No one in the country..." :lol:

Hum, I can think of a couple. Parise, Murray, Bochenski, Genoway, Porter, and Staford. Add Nick Fuhr and Schnider...

Hell, even Bina is proving he has a decent shot!

Who can catch up to Potulny? With Murray arguably one of the fastest if not the fastest player with the puck in the WCHA, I am thinking that without the puck, Potulny will be made to look like a slug.

Woog is an idiot. I think he should go back into coaching so that only those on his roster have to listen to him instead of those unfortunates who tune into FSN.

Hell, even Bina is proving he has a decent shot!

Bina has really been a very nice surprise this season. The kid isn't very big but he sure is tough. Pound for pound one of the toughest on the team. Nice offensive skills and has got some timely points this season. I think if UND had an 7th player award he would have to be given some consideration.

The two clowns of Minnesota sports are payed to telecast Gopher hockey. Booger does a few other projects and I'm not sure about McCrappo, but neither one works too hard at their job. "The Sioux haven't played anyone this year." Odd, but we have the #1 SOS. Morons.

<snip>

Woog is an idiot. I think he should go back into coaching

</snip>

You guys can rip the Gophs all week. Thats fine.

I draw the line with anything resembling this comment. I'll leave it to the user to figure out which portion of the statement I have a problem with. :lol:

The two clowns of Minnesota sports are payed to telecast Gopher hockey. Booger does a few other projects and I'm not sure about McCrappo, but neither one works too hard at their job. "The Sioux haven't played anyone this year." Odd, but we have the #1 SOS. Morons.

I have also wondered what Frank's real job was or what his back ground is?

I think Wooger gets paid like 100,000.00 a year to work for the UofM in the athletic department. I can't wait for this weekend.

I just want to see UND take two points this weekend anything beyond that is huge. Because in years past I can't for the life of me remember when UND swept UofM at home. Anyone know the answer to this one?

It has not happened in the new building. Of course, UMD hadn't swept the Gophers at Mariucci either.

It has not happened in the new building. Of course, UMD hadn't swept the Gophers at Mariucci either.

There is always a first for everything but I am not going to hold my breath because even when the Sioux were better than the Gophers during the later part of the 1990's we never did it so I think a split is a good prediction so if it happens I will be surprised, I would be shocked to see a couple of ties this weekend.

"Who can match up with Tallackson? Who can match up with Potulny? Who can shoot the puck like Ballard? No one in the country..." :lol:

I hate to break up a good rip fest here, but how about we look at what the actual quote was. Woog said "Who on the Mavericks can match up with Vanek, Tallackson.......Who can shoot a puck like Ballard, not many in the country." I'm a gopher fan and I know the FSN announcers are homers and deserve to be ripped at times, but at least do it on something legitimate like the UND hasn't played anyone quote.