SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux-gopher Week

jk

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sagard, GE, et al. Has anything come of the Gopher's recruiting of a goalie? I heard that at one time they were recruiting Joe Fallon and another time that whoever was recruited would be joining the team this semester. The latter has been proven false, but it remains to be seen whether or not Briggs can hold the fort alone. Because, let's face it, I may be a Sioux fan, but if JJ gets any action this weekend, ZPar and BB's eyes will light up and so will the red lamp... MANY times.

I don't think we'll have anyone coming in this year anymore, but there is a recruit coming in '05 I have heard...at that point JJ prolly will be gone. Don't count out on JJ, he DID pull it out last year when he needed too, I just prefer Briggs. JJ will onlyget time during either a) huge points up (MSU) or b) Bemidji or c) injury to Briggs.

WPoS

I don't think we'll have anyone coming in this year anymore, but there is a recruit coming in '05 I have heard...at that point JJ prolly will be gone. Don't count out on JJ, he DID pull it out last year when he needed too, I just prefer Briggs. JJ will onlyget time during either a) huge points up (MSU) or b) Bemidji or c) injury to Briggs.

WPoS

BSU beat UMD..... JJ may not last against that CHA powerhouse :lol::glare::)

I agree with WPoS, Briggs is now the man and barring an injury will play in all significant games while JJ will continue to get an odd game against the MSU-M's & BSU's of the world to spot Briggs.

In fact, WPoS's post look suspiciously like an e-mail I just sent him. :);)

with friends like GE, who needs UND fans? :glare::p:lol:

I must admit I did "borrow" the Bemidj part but the rest is obvious to any Gopher fan!

Sheese!

WPoS

thought it was funny when Mazzocoo asked Woog about Lucia recruiting Canadians. Woog grumbled quite a bit about it.

Maybe Wooger should keep his comments to himself. If it wasn't for recruiting out of staters and foreigners UMN would still be stuck at 3 titles. You would be hard pressed to find Gopher fans still opposed to that policy. I think they would rather have the titles than some stupid policy that they used to pride themselves on (albeit hardly producing a winner).

If the Gopher fans call Parise "God," then what should they call Bochenski since he is going to win the Hobey Baker? :)

Despite all the talk about God, shutting Bochenski down is the key to having a chance to beat the Sioux.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lucia asks a forward to get intimate with BB, similar to Prpch on Vanek last time. Likely Waibel, but it could be combination of a forward and a d-man who always get the assignment.

Then you have to hope you actually contain BB's line, and hope Koalska's line plays a lot better vs. the Parise line. They got torched last time, but they don't usually.

The Gophers also need Guyers line and Tallackson to start contributing nightly.

Despite all the talk about God, shutting Bochenski down is the key to having a chance to beat the Sioux.

This statement was true of last year's team...but not this one for a few reasons.

A: Colby Genoway

B: Quinn Fylling

C: Zach Brady Drew on FIRE :lol:

C 1/2: Our new scoring threat Matt Greene :glare:

D: Everyone else that has elevated their game this year.

Shutting down BB would be a great step toward beating us, but I firmly believe that UND's depth is there this year and will be the deciding factor.

Plus, altough the Goofs were decidedly crumby in the first half, the surprising key to the November series was the scoring by the defensemen. Lucia commented that he was not prepared for them scoring so often. That was a nice surprise and a testament to this team's will to win.

Shut down one line and we send 3 more after you.

What scares me on the gophers is the abscence of scoring from Guyer, Riddle (my favorite/least favorite Gopher), and there's one more guy there that should be producing a lot more. Maybe a game against a team that can skate forwards AND backwards will get those guys' energy level/production up.

I hope CB is ready for the unexpected heroes from MN. Death to PB Vanek!! :)

Since when do we care what Doug Woog has to say about the Sioux? All I expect this weekend is a split, any more would be golden (no pun intended).

I wish I could make it down there for the games, but unfortunately I need to fight off a 5 credit "F" up here. So all you Gophers will need to wait until the Final Five to finally put a face with the moniker :) . I'll be watching on TV though.

Jones for Hobey!!