SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux-gopher Week

jk

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No problem Forecheck. You are a fine hockey fan, and a gentleman.

PCM, Campion's head was in the helmet. Scott did not connect directly on the helmet, and therefore Campion's head, but he roundhoused around Campion's head as best he could. From my vantage, the punch landed to the back of Hale's head, but the close proximity of the sandwich, with Campion being the meat, resulted in the helmet getting up against Hale's eye. Hard to say where the cut was, either in the eye area or the temple. There was alot of blood. Hadn't seen blood like that since Scott Marvin got his clock cleaned, cleanly, by a DU player back in about '78.

Hale did not get cleaned cleanly. That is why I have a real issue with Scott. If I wasn't 5'6" and overweight, I'd drive to Duluth this weekend and "talk" to the clown myself.

Besides, it's the Sioux-Gopher weekend.

PCM, Campion's head was in the helmet.

Thanks for the clarification. Listening to the game on the radio, Hennessy did say something about Campion trying to get between the two and having a hold on Hale's arms. It seems cheap to let Scott to get in a sucker punch and then allow the fight to continue after Hale is at a severe disadvantage.

PCM, Campion's head was in the helmet. Scott did not connect directly on the helmet, and therefore Campion's head, but he roundhoused around Campion's head as best he could. From my vantage, the punch landed to the back of Hale's head, but the close proximity of the sandwich, with Campion being the meat, resulted in the helmet getting up against Hale's eye. Hard to say where the cut was, either in the eye area or the temple. There was alot of blood. Hadn't seen blood like that since Scott Marvin got his clock cleaned, cleanly, by a DU player back in about '78.

Hale did not get cleaned cleanly. That is why I have a real issue with Scott. If I wasn't 5'6" and overweight, I'd drive to Duluth this weekend and "talk" to the clown myself.

Besides, it's the Sioux-Gopher weekend.

Will Scott be out for one or two games (or more)? I doubt this was his first fight, but does anybody know for sure how many games he will be out?

Haven't heard Dogzman. PA, of course, just announced a game.

What say your tough guy, that guy that got cleaned by Prpich in October, step up this weekend?

The Dogs have a solid club this year. No doubt you are hoping to get picked, and then seeded out East, where the road to the Frozen Four will be a heck of a lot easier than it will be in either Grand Rapids or Colorado Springs.

You guys be all over Scott and Tech for me this weekend. I'd suggest you guys go with the Spiro Agnew chant, but am not sure the UMD student body could figure that one out themselves. :lol:

For a Bulldog fan, you are a scholar and a gentleman.

After some exhaustive research, it appears Scott received a game DQ earlier this season for leaving the bench against UMN. That would indicate that this time he gets a 2 game DQ, correct?

Would seem so; that'll be the Dogs loss, he's clumsy as hell and an easy dman to skate around. Course the replacement may not be any better.

Some Gopher cracker is making a point on POI that the Sioux have only played 6 road games thus far. What difference does it make it you play them in the first half of the year or the second. Of the Gophers next 7 series they play 5 of them at home. Whats you're point moron. Wondering if I should bring back the POI login :)

Generally a home team is expected to get 4 points and a road team get two. The assumption is that if a team plays lots of early home games it can inflate their record. Pretty basic concept.

WPoS

Geez. That's six points for weekend series that are worth a maximum of four points.

The Pride on Ice board is interesting reading. Alot of Peter Bradys over there. :)

all I know if the players are HALF as up for this series and the fans are....going to be good!

cfm, you stopping by to intro yourself sometime this weekend?

WPoS

That is correct...I expect this thread will be loooooooonnng by the time Friday rolls around. Half of the fun is the pre-game jabbering back and forth.

Maybe we can have a pool on how many pages it will be by the drop of the puck. It is too bad that we got the series when the Gophers sucked. As much as everyone loves to watch us kill the Gophers, I think we would like to see some hard fought games. I hope to hear a lot of Sioux fans at the game. Everyone thought the big series would be against the Badgers.

Love ya WPoS. You are always a gentleman, if not a scholar, over in these parts.

Two questions.

For what does WPoS stand?

Will Lucia be dressing that Canadian defenseman for both games?

gee, thanks....I think... :)

as for WPoS;

the chant we do after a penalty is assesed to an opponent, at the old Mariucci, the "you worthless piece of !@$!" was added at the end. I continued it in the new Mariucci and kept it going, even when the band was forbidden to play the drum line that lead to the chant by the powers that be. They though it was not PC. Anyway, I have also been told by about 4 different people I started/added it in old Mariucci, and kept it going in the new Mariucci, so I took it as my moniker.

As for our Canadian, I think he will be playing both games, he has been playing better as the year rolls on and I expect to see more of him as time goes on.

WPoS

Maybe we can have a pool on how many pages it will be by the drop of the puck. It is too bad that we got the series when the Gophers sucked. As much as everyone loves to watch us kill the Gophers, I think we would like to see some hard fought games. I hope to hear a lot of Sioux fans at the game. Everyone thought the big series would be against the Badgers.

Stub and Herbs will be the place to be before the games. I enjoy that place - crowded and all. Great atmosphere and just a block and a half from the arena.

still waiting to hear which of you will be visiting the wonderful Twin Cites and buying lots of booze! Last year a bunch of good egg UND fans were buying rounds and got my wife nicely toasted post game, for which made and interesting ride home...

WPoS

still waiting to hear which of you will be visiting the wonderful Twin Cites and buying lots of booze! Last year a bunch of good egg UND fans were buying rounds and got my wife nicely toasted post game, for which made and interesting ride home...

WPoS

Hey now this is a family board. :)