SiouxSports.com Forum

Fall Camp 2013

geaux_sioux

Could you imagine if Hardin went to Saskatchewan? Hardin on one side and Weston Dressler on the other,

They would be a fierce combination!

Hardin definitely has the speed and play making ability for NFL but does he have the size and endurance?

Personally I think he can make it in the NFL but think he could be a stud in the CFL. I would be curious to hear some thoughts from others on this...

With another big year he'll definitely have a shot at the draft but he'll have to put up a pretty low number in the 40 at the combine if he's invited.

He'd do quite well at the combine. I hope he gets an invite, it'd be nice to be able to compare 40 times of combine to UND. For example Percy Harvin ran a 4.2 at Florida and a 4.40 at the combine.

If Hardin has a good year returning kicks as well as receiving I think he'll get drafted.

I agree that Hardin is a great player and that we are lucky to have him. However, for him to get serious consideration, he can't drop as many passes as he has the last couple of years. I don't think I am exaggerating in saying he dropped 6-8 passes that weren't tough catches last year. At least a couple of the drops came at crucial times. His stats were great but could have been much better.

Not necessarily a negative comment, just an observation as it pertains to his playing at the next level.

• Upvote 2

I agree that Hardin is a great player and that we are lucky to have him. However, for him to get serious consideration, he can't drop as many passes as he has the last couple of years. I don't think I am exaggerating in saying he dropped 6-8 passes that weren't tough catches last year. At least a couple of the drops came at crucial times. His stats were great but could have been much better.

Not necessarily a negative comment, just an observation as it pertains to his playing at the next level.

Those drops were a big deal, he, Jackson, and Golladay had too many for how good they are. Also that strange lackluster fumble to open the Cal Poly game put us in a bad starting spot that game. Ill bet they all bring that extra level of concentration to the easy catches his year.

Hopefully they do increase the concentration, as drops are definitely the one area of weakness for Hardin. Even in the spring game he dropped an easy catch. He just needs to focus and play each ball as important as the next. He should watch some film of Dressler to see how that goes, don't think I can remember seeing Dressler drop a catchable ball.

Very good points about Hardin. Did drop some extremely catchable footballs. I think regardless he'll get a tryout in the NFL, could see him sign with a team, possibly make a practice squad for a year or two while he develops.

You would think Greg knows he's got this great opportunity in front of him, and has put in the work to make himself that much more attractive to the scouts that attend UND practices. At the same time, play within yourself Greg. Don't try to do too much.

I'll go out on a very very very small limb and say he scores the first UND touchdown this year.

i know und hockey is and has been very popular for a long time but since schlossman took over coverage of und hockey its been second to none (no offense to virg but schloss took it and ran with it)...on the flip side und football needs someone from the herald to show the same passion about covering football? wayne nelson is blowing up twitter with updates about steven kinser, dobmeier, and every other dirt track "superstars" hot lap times in kentucky somewhere?? we are less than two weeks away from the biggest season in recent history and a beat writer like schlossman covering football might create a little extra buzz about what is gonna be an entertaining fall for und football... i attended practice last week and he was there and i think he had only one tweet about blair's one handed catch near the sideline...wow.

• Upvote 4

i know und hockey is and has been very popular for a long time but since schlossman took over coverage of und hockey its been second to none (no offense to virg but schloss took it and ran with it)...on the flip side und football needs someone from the herald to show the same passion about covering football? wayne nelson is blowing up twitter with updates about steven kinser, dobmeier, and every other dirt track "superstars" hot lap times in kentucky somewhere?? we are less than two weeks away from the biggest season in recent history and a beat writer like schlossman covering football might create a little extra buzz about what is gonna be an entertaining fall for und football... i attended practice last week and he was there and i think he had only one tweet about blair's one handed catch near the sideline...wow.

Very well said. Brad does such an awesome job with hockey so the bar has been set pretty high, but the herald needs a Schlossman on the football side of things. With the hockey team we know if a player falls on his way to Selke Hall. I don't think we get to know the football team as well.

If the Herald wants to hire me to do it I'm all game. I have a degree from UND. And I'd agree to cover area high school hockey/any other sport other than Schlossman's tennis.

They have a guy in place to do this: Tom Miller. However they need to execute. Tom works right beside Brad in the office so he should be able to essentially take Brad's "template" and run with it for football.

Not sure why he hasn't done this because as a relatively young journalist he should be looking for something big to add to his resume and put his name on. Brad would be able to leverage his work with UND Hockey to land a bigger role somewhere else if he wanted to.

So you were at practice? Care to share some of what you saw?

So you were at practice? Care to share some of what you saw?

it was the first practice i have ever attended...i stayed about an hour and a half...

--freund and boyd were the two most outgoing coaches...very upbeat and vocal especially freund.

--on the flip side i wouldn't have suspected that coach luke was the new o coordinator...didn't even notice him once out there

--on one defensive play the other coach who wears a weird hat (maybe lb coach not kotelnicki) stopped a play when a db or lb didn't line up properly when the words "orange something" was yelled out and he didn't let the young guy off the hook and didn't run another play until the correct answer was given

--will ratelle looks be a guy i wouldn't want to mess with...looks like a zach thomas kind of guy...short, stocky, thick, and can move decent

--even just messing around golladay made one handed catches look easy

--mollberg is clearly the best qb out there...right before i left he had a throw across field right at me about thirty yards down field and he had plenty of zip on it perfect spiral...wr turned and it was right on the money...bartels struggled a bit from what i saw but it was quite windy that day...seems like jake hanson is freunds underdog...he had a couple of check downs that clearly showed he progressed from each option downfield down to the running back or te in the middle of the field for a "first down" and freund went nuts with praise.

• Upvote 1

Schleusner is a very cerebral coach, much like Vigen at NDSU. He's got a ton of passion but doesn't have to yell all the time to make his point.

didn't mean it as a criticism just an observation...i actually prefer coaches who have an calm demeanor that exude confidence without having to yell all the time

I was just clarifying more so for other people so they didn't take your observation the wrong way

would you happen to know why ryan kasowski would be in the stands watching?? he seemed to have a clipboard and it also seemed like it was a surprise for some of the older players to see him?

would you happen to know why ryan kasowski would be in the stands watching?? he seemed to have a clipboard and it also seemed like it was a surprise for some of the older players to see him?

No clue. A quick check of his facebook says he's coaching at UND. Maybe he a new grunt assistant?

it was the first practice i have ever attended...i stayed about an hour and a half...

--freund and boyd were the two most outgoing coaches...very upbeat and vocal especially freund.

--on the flip side i wouldn't have suspected that coach luke was the new o coordinator...didn't even notice him once out there

--on one defensive play the other coach who wears a weird hat (maybe lb coach not kotelnicki) stopped a play when a db or lb didn't line up properly when the words "orange something" was yelled out and he didn't let the young guy off the hook and didn't run another play until the correct answer was given

--will ratelle looks be a guy i wouldn't want to mess with...looks like a zach thomas kind of guy...short, stocky, thick, and can move decent

--even just messing around golladay made one handed catches look easy

--mollberg is clearly the best qb out there...right before i left he had a throw across field right at me about thirty yards down field and he had plenty of zip on it perfect spiral...wr turned and it was right on the money...bartels struggled a bit from what i saw but it was quite windy that day...seems like jake hanson is freunds underdog...he had a couple of check downs that clearly showed he progressed from each option downfield down to the running back or te in the middle of the field for a "first down" and freund went nuts with praise.

Awesome feedback! Thanks for taking the time to watch the boys. I've been on the Mollberg bandwagon since he signed. But will accept whomever is the starting QB on the last Thursday in August.

Glad that guys are still being held accountable on defense. Blown assignments may be a thing of the past....MAY.....