SiouxSports.com Forum

2013-2014 Season

SWSiouxMN

Actually glad to be done with Weber, they are growing up fast. They will get their first big sky win eventually and when they do they might run off 2,3,4 in a row.

Need a better performance against ISU if they are going to get out 11-2, they are playing very well as of late. Would be Huge to get a sweep of ISU.

UND gets help as Eastern take down Montana, now 2.5 up on Montana and 3 on SUU (they play NAU on Monday).

The next 4 games in the conference will determine a lot for the teams vying for conference tourney spots, a lot could be solved after the 22nd. If UND can somehow, someway pull a sweep of the Montana schools, it can be a pretty safe bet the tourney will coming to the Betty.

Standings

UND 11-2

MON 8-4

SUU 7-4

SAC 7-5

EWU 7-5

ISU 7-5

MSU 6-6

UNC 6-7

PSU 4-8

NAU 3-8

WEB 0-12

Games for 2/10-2/17

2/10

NAU @ SUU

2/13

UND @ MSU

UNC @ MON

SUU @ ISU

EWU @ SAC

PSU @ NAU

2/15

UND @ MON

UNC @ MSU

SUU @ WEB

EWU @ NAU

PSU @ SAC

2/17

ISU @ WEB

Josie Dillon and Katie Houdek have not played for several games. Katie has had lots of injury issues and she may not be able to play any more. Josie had a broken nose earlier in the season, but I'm assuming that has healed. Does anyone know the official or unofficial status of either?

Also, there is a new person on the bench, supposedly a semester transfer. Does anyone have any information on her?

Josie Dillon and Katie Houdek have not played for several games. Katie has had lots of injury issues and she may not be able to play any more. Josie had a broken nose earlier in the season, but I'm assuming that has healed. Does anyone know the official or unofficial status of either?

Also, there is a new person on the bench, supposedly a semester transfer. Does anyone have any information on her?

I thought I heard that Houdek was done for the year and they were trying to get a medical redshirt for her next year (at least that is what I heard from the women's play by play guy during one of the games). Might be harder to her to get one since she already redshirted

Lauck hasn't played since UW-Milwaukee and I don't know the status of her (if she is done). She never did redshirt so that option is there for her to come back next year (I would think it would be a slam dunk for her to come back)

Dillon I believe also did something to her foot which is why she isn't playing, but I have no idea when she is coming back (I think on chat they said they would likely get her back at the end of the year). If she does that would be nice to give us another 3 point threat off the bench. If not, I wonder if they can redshirt her too.

transfer? never really noticed.

I thought I heard that Houdek was done for the year and they were trying to get a medical redshirt for her next year (at least that is what I heard from the women's play by play guy during one of the games). Might be harder to her to get one since she already redshirted

Lauck hasn't played since UW-Milwaukee and I don't know the status of her (if she is done). She never did redshirt so that option is there for her to come back next year (I would think it would be a slam dunk for her to come back)

Dillon I believe also did something to her foot which is why she isn't playing, but I have no idea when she is coming back (I think on chat they said they would likely get her back at the end of the year). If she does that would be nice to give us another 3 point threat off the bench. If not, I wonder if they can redshirt her too.

transfer? never really noticed.

The transfer is Cassie Thompson, '13 Grafton (N.D.) High School, where she was a very good player. Cassie spent last semester at Northern State in Aberdeen on a very loaded and successful team there.

It was announced almost immediately after her injury in Milwaukee that Lauck's medical hardship has been granted and she will be back for UND next year.

The transfer is Cassie Thompson, '13 Grafton (N.D.) High School, where she was a very good player. Cassie spent last semester at Northern State in Aberdeen on a very loaded and successful team there.

It was announced almost immediately after her injury in Milwaukee that Lauck's medical hardship has been granted and she will be back for UND next year.

Excellent. That will be nice to have her back next year, she will help out in the production that we lose with Buck and Wall next year.

Teeder, are the situations with Dillon and Houdek correct as well?

Excellent. That will be nice to have her back next year, she will help out in the production that we lose with Buck and Wall next year.

Teeder, are the situations with Dillon and Houdek correct as well?

Just guessing here, but on Houdek, my hunch would be that she might be done (again I do not know for sure) because as was mentioned, her red-shirt is used up.

I am not at all in the know on Josie, unless she just needs more time to heal, and there's still a chance for her to get in this year.

Just to reiterate the importance of this weekend

2 wins: UND will have a key sweep of Montana and will at least 3.5 ahead with 5 (6 for them) to play. They would also prevent being swept from MSU (which could hurt in tiebreaks) SUU will be still at least 2.5 games back depending on what they do. Would pretty much put the conference race on lockdown (barring a major UND collapse)

MSU Loss/Mont Win: being swept by MSU will hurt for tiebreaking purposes, beating the Griz will help in the bigger picture (sweeping them, winning that tiebreaker). They would be at least 2.5 games ahead of them in the standings, and 1.5 ahead of SUU.

MSU win/Mont Loss: prevent the sweep by MSU, but couldn't get the all important sweep of the Griz. Would still be at least 1.5 ahead of Griz and SUU.

2 Losses: Conference race gets a whole lot more interesting

It's scoreboard watching time! Gotta keep track on everyone else besides UND. When (not if) UND hosts the BSC Tournament would it be at the Betty or the Ralph?

I hope that Faison will have the good sense to have it in The Betty. It would be like those North Central Regionals we used to host at Hyslop; loud, energetic and fun.

I hope that Faison will have the good sense to have it in The Betty. It would be like those North Central Regionals we used to host at Hyslop; loud, energetic and fun.

I hope it's at the Betty. I was at the 97 NCAA Championship game at the Hyslop and I would've love to have decibel meter it was loud and I think the Betty could equally be as loud especially when the buzzer sounds and UND is headed to the Dance!

I hope it's at the Betty. I was at the 97 NCAA Championship game at the Hyslop and I would've love to have decibel meter it was loud and I think the Betty could equally be as loud especially when the buzzer sounds and UND is headed to the Dance!

I remember hearing radio highlights of the 1999 regional final at Hyslop; it sounded like the Old REA during a Gopher series! That is what we need at The Betty for the Big Sky tournament; the BESC is our secret weapon.

It will defiantly be at the Betty. That would also possibly be the weekend the men's team would be hosting playoffs as we'll which would completely eliminate the possibility. The chances of it being at the Ralph are essentially zero.

It will defiantly be at the Betty. That would also possibly be the weekend the men's team would be hosting playoffs as we'll which would completely eliminate the possibility. The chances of it being at the Ralph are essentially zero.

Just hope they don't put it in the Alerus. Yuck!

The chance of that are worse than it being at the Ralph. Haha

I am sure some think bigger building more attendance, but you also lose the home court advantage in a way to. Keep it at the Betty. Hey UND fans...who would've thought we would be talking about this after last years finish. Great job of Brewster turning things around in a hurry. Get your dancing shoes ready!!

So if we have a home playoff series at the REA, and we do indeed host the Big Sky tourney. How will this all work out?

Not venue wise (it will be at the Betty), but logistics

I believe the venue gets to set the games so we wouldn't play day one and then afterwards it would be us playing right before hockey so you can walk straight into hockey. Than if we make it to the final it would be close to the same than.