SiouxSports.com Forum

Lets go over THIS years recruits only

Dolphinswin

Not great but not terrible either....being ranked in the top 17 (of 59 teams) is still in the top half. Not too shabby considering their WCHA schedule. But I, for one, do think their forwards should have played a little better in their own zone for most of the year.

Agree, but how many times did an opponent's forward walk it in to the dots or below before any pressure/contact was made by our Dman. Never have seen that in watching UND hockey in all my years.

Just stop. The Gophers defense ranked where it was because they had the puck most of the game. If you always have the puck you're not going to give up a lot.

There. I said it.

and UND didn't have the puck as much as they have in the past which led to our d numbers being off from what we are used to

Agree, but how many times did an opponent's forward walk it in to the dots or below before any pressure/contact was made by our Dman. Never have seen that in watching UND hockey in all my years.

Very true...many of our defensemen are more passive than aggressive. They are both fine however you also need both.

You need a shut down pairing- we didn't have that. You also need a PP QB with a cannon- we didn't have that either...

Imagine this dream college d-corps from last year:

Trouba and Jensen

Schmidt and DeKeyser

Johns and Mac

I would refuse to go on the ice if I was up against Johns and Mac, thats a recipe for a concussion.

You need a shut down pairing- we didn't have that. You also need a PP QB with a cannon- we didn't have that either...

Imagine this dream college d-corps from last year:

Trouba and Jensen

Schmidt and DeKeyser

Johns and Mac

Might be impossible to get the puck to the net with Trouba and Jensen together.

Agree 100% - I couldn't believe how soft we played at times. We didn't have a real puck-moving defensive corps either - unless you count Gleeson who sometimes just skated around until he lost the puck. I'm not sure if this is a change in philosophy or just due to the personnel we had, but having watched old time Sioux Hockey for 40+ years, I was disappointed in this style of play.