SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 NCAA TOURNEY - 2 wins to the Steel City

AZSIOUX

Single game tickets for the Midwest Regional in Toledo, OH are $45! And the NCAA committee wonders why attendance is always low.

I wonder how those prices compare to the other three regionals.

The most I have ever paid thru the box office for a single game ticket for college hockey is $55, and that was Sioux vs. Gophers at Mariucci in January.

Single game tickets for the Midwest Regional in Toledo, OH are $45! And the NCAA committee wonders why attendance is always low.

I wonder how those prices compare to the other three regionals.

The most I have ever paid thru the box office for a single game ticket for college hockey is $55, and that was Sioux vs. Gophers at Mariucci in January.

usually when I have gone to regionals the three game package has roughly been $75-$80.

@SchlossmanGF: DU will travel 400 more miles for its regional this weekend than BC has traveled for regionals in the last 13 years COMBINED.

@SchlossmanGF: BU and BC have got on a plane 3 times for a regional in the last 13 years. The teams lost by four goals in 1st rd each time.

@chnews: Recent committee member: "Was shocked at how they did it ... Supposed to protect the #1 seed with #16 and #8 for 2nd round. Didn't do it."

I'm not sure which of those three factoids/statements disgusts me most.

"DU will travel 400 more miles for its regional this weekend than BC has traveled for regionals in the last 13 years COMBINED."

Run the math on that:

Denver to Manchester is 2000 miles. If DU will travel 400 miles more that means 1600 miles is the baseline for comparison.

1600 miles / 13 years is an average of 123 miles per year.

Put that in perspective: Over the last 13 years, on average, what BC has had to travel is the equivalent of Grand Forks to Bemidji.

"DU will travel 400 more miles for its regional this weekend than BC has traveled for regionals in the last 13 years COMBINED."

Run the math on that:

Denver to Manchester is 2000 miles. If DU will travel 400 miles more that means 1600 miles is the baseline for comparison.

Put that in perspective: Over the last 13 years, on average, what BC has had to travel is the equivalent of Grand Forks to Bemidji.

To really put that in perspective you also have to remember that in 2011 they traveled to St. Louis where they got pounded by CC. That trip was 1050 miles (by air). So in 12 years they travelled 550 miles or an average of about 45 miles per year. I checked my math twice as that almost seems impossible but that's what it is.

This is funny

@SchlossmanGF: Interesting RT @BadgerMHockey: Badgers ready to depart for Manchester, N.H. Sharing plane with WCHA cohorts, the Denver Pioneers.

I can see gwoz and eaves smoking a fine cuban and rolling some dice on the back of the plane! ;)

• Upvote 2

This is funny

@SchlossmanGF: Interesting RT @BadgerMHockey: Badgers ready to depart for Manchester, N.H. Sharing plane with WCHA cohorts, the Denver Pioneers.

I can see gwoz and eaves smoking a fine cuban and rolling some dice on the back of the plane! ;)

don't they get charters? I thought und flew chartered flights to ncaa tournament events?

Run the math on that:

To really put that in perspective you also have to remember that in 2011 they traveled to St. Louis where they got pounded by CC. That trip was 1050 miles (by air). So in 12 years they travelled 550 miles or an average of about 45 miles per year. I checked my math twice as that almost seems impossible but that's what it is.

Your math is right.

That is disgusting. Why not just have them play in Conte Forum. :glare:

North Dakota and Minnesota on the same plane would be even better. That would make for some good footage for "Through These Doors".

When Team US flew from Helsinki to Ufa for the World Juniors this past year, they were on a flight with Team Canada, Team Sweden and Team Finland. They were also on the same flight out of Ufa. I'm sure that was interesting...