SiouxSports.com Forum

Spring Practices

WeAreNorthDakota

At the spring game it looked to me like Bartels was more accurate on deep balls but Mollberg was better short and midrange. I'd give the nod to Mollberg because of the mobility he adds but I was pleasantly surprised with the decision making from both. No stupid throws or forcing the issue. It's just a spring game but neither looked like your usual deer in the headlights freshman.

If Mollberg can improve his touch on fades and intermediate throws where he needs to drop it in a bucket he will win the job no problem. Right now that's the advantage Bartles has. Bartels won't get much faster so Mollbergs speed is a game changer in this competition. At the same time I would not be surprised if Bartels won the job even thought he is basically the underdog.

I believe what Molberg said was "He chose UND" geez get over it he "Chose" UND over su, it's happened many times before and it's going to start happening many times again.

Someone is mighty uptight about a joke.

Someone is mighty uptight about a joke.

You know what is funny, the number of bison fans that come on here and try to be comedians, and want to use something about UND as the punchline.

• Upvote 2

One that has been sort of overshadowed is the running backs. As we all saw last year our running game was poor at best so a huge jump in production is needed. My question is who is going to be the top two?

I would love to see a 1-2 punch of Miller and Shaugs.....with some Sparks mixed in.

One that has been sort of overshadowed is the running backs. As we all saw last year our running game was poor at best so a huge jump in production is needed. My question is who is going to be the top two?

I would love to see a 1-2 punch of Miller and Shaugs.....with some Sparks mixed in.

Shaugs is my number one right now. He's got what we need in a rb. I wish Sparks would've been healthy so we could've seen him in action. Garmin looked a lot thicker and faster too so who knows maybe all 4 will see some action.

Shaugs is my number one right now. He's got what we need in a rb. I wish Sparks would've been healthy so we could've seen him in action. Garmin looked a lot thicker and faster too so who knows maybe all 4 will see some action.

Out of the 4 who is the fastest?

Varner seems to have the attention of the coaches as well. I think we see a crowded backfield going into the fall. Knowing that, hopefully that makes them all hungry and gives some motivation to work hard this summer to create separation.

• Upvote 1

Varner seems to have the attention of the coaches as well. I think we see a crowded backfield going into the fall. Knowing that, hopefully that makes them all hungry and gives some motivation to work hard this summer to create separation.

I still think Varner is a year away. He looked good though. He just needs to put on some more poundage.

Yeah I was looking forward to seeing how Sparks has progressed, oh well. Hopefully he heals up and works hard this summer and we will see what happens in the fall.

I have yet to hear anything bad about Schleusner and Kotelnicki as coordinators. They both seem to be upgrades from their predecessors even though they are much younger. From what I hear Kotelnicki is restoring the old culture on the defense. They may be a couple of years away from being a dominant D1 defense but they will be massively improved next year. Big things are on the horizon if we can keep these two coaches.

I have yet to hear anything bad about Schleusner and Kotelnicki as coordinators. They both seem to be upgrades from their predecessors even though they are much younger. From what I hear Kotelnicki is restoring the old culture on the defense. They may be a couple of years away from being a dominant D1 defense but they will be massively improved next year. Big things are on the horizon if we can keep these two coaches.

I will take a massive improvement on D next year even though they may be a couple years away from being dominant again!

I feel that the team will rely heavily on Jake Miller this upcoming season. With adequate O-Line play, I think Miller can be a very productive back. Sparks is the other guy I'm most excited about. That kid is built like a brick $hithouse.......................