SiouxSports.com Forum

Spring Practices

WeAreNorthDakota

Based on today who is the starting QB going into fall camp?

Still too close to call IMO. I thought both QBs did very well. Mollberg was very steady and made some good throws. Bartels showed off his arm a little bit and his TD throw to Jackson was on the money. I went into the season thinking Mollberg would be the guy, but after today I would be confident in either guy, and that's a good thing.

Going to be a great battle this fall.

Kenny Golladay is THE REAL DEAL. Mussman says he is the most talented receiver UND has ever had, and I can't argue against that. Also, Javen Butler looks like a physical presence in the secondary who could make a difference next season. Now, throw Mike Edwards and a few others into the rotation next season, and the defense should hopefully be improved.

Mollberg looked the most composed I thought. Whoever the quarterback is next season, the receiver corps will be unreal. Hardin, Golladay, and Jackson on the field together will be very impressive.

I though the spring game was great. No stupid fan participation crap like a few years ago. Guys weren't afraid to hit each other. Defense was playing fast and physical. Overall I thought it was a great showcase of the offense for the most part. The defense had some flashes but will need more time to gel and break in some young guys. Encouraging signs from both sides today.

Golladay was a man amongst boys out there. He should be in the FBS, what a steal. He's so much stronger and faster than last fall. After this summer he will be even faster and stronger. The sky is the limit for him.

I thought it was awesome that Hardin was hardly noticeable other than his dropped pass. The other WR shined today. Bridges made plays and is so elusive. He also showed his track speed on that 50 yard bomb when he outran everyone. Townsend is such a possession beast and has some strong mitts. Jackson is such a beast and gets so much YAC. Golladay was obviously untouchable. There were even Brown Fletcher and Young sightings today. This WR is special.

QBs had their moments. Bartels throw to Jackson was an NFL throw, absolutely perfect. He also badly under threw Hardin with that duck down the middle that was dropped. Mollberg showed some nice wheels along with his impressive arm. Throws a little like Freund did when he played, but with a stronger arm and bigger frame. Both of these guys showed the tools to start and the mistakes of freshman today. Poor Jake Hanson just isn't a D1 QB but it was nice to see him with that perfect strike over the top to Bridges to make up for his mistakes today.

The D line got some pressure on the QBs with the makeshift line in front of them which was good to see but needs to be taken with a grain of salt. I liked the overall energy of the defense though. Kotelnicki is injecting his passion for the game into these kids and it is going to pay immediate dividends. The fire that was missing last year may be on its way back thanks to him. The D looked faster as well. unfortunately we didn't get to see Edwards Woodsmall or Labat but the rest of the young guys made some good plays. I liked what I saw but we still need alot more out of the D by next fall. Today was a nice step in the right direction at the very least.

Based on today who is the starting QB going into fall camp?

I'm kind of pulling for Bartels since he's the underdog but in the end I think it will be Mollberg and his mobility and more consistent and tighter mechanics that will prevail. Either way we are set for the next 4 years at qb which is a luxury.

I though the spring game was great. No stupid fan participation crap like a few years ago. Guys weren't afraid to hit each other. Defense was playing fast and physical. Overall I thought it was a great showcase of the offense for the most part. The defense had some flashes but will need more time to gel and break in some young guys. Encouraging signs from both sides today.

Golladay was a man amongst boys out there. He should be in the FBS, what a steal. He's so much stronger and faster than last fall. After this summer he will be even faster and stronger. The sky is the limit for him.

I thought it was awesome that Hardin was hardly noticeable other than his dropped pass. The other WR shined today. Bridges made plays and is so elusive. He also showed his track speed on that 50 yard bomb when he outran everyone. Townsend is such a possession beast and has some strong mitts. Jackson is such a beast and gets so much YAC. Golladay was obviously untouchable. There were even Brown Fletcher and Young sightings today. This WR is special.

QBs had their moments. Bartels throw to Jackson was an NFL throw, absolutely perfect. He also badly under threw Hardin with that duck down the middle that was dropped. Mollberg showed some nice wheels along with his impressive arm. Throws a little like Freund did when he played, but with a stronger arm and bigger frame. Both of these guys showed the tools to start and the mistakes of freshman today. Poor Jake Hanson just isn't a D1 QB but it was nice to see him with that perfect strike over the top to Bridges to make up for his mistakes today.

The D line got some pressure on the QBs with the makeshift line in front of them which was good to see but needs to be taken with a grain of salt. I liked the overall energy of the defense though. Kotelnicki is injecting his passion for the game into these kids and it is going to pay immediate dividends. The fire that was missing last year may be on its way back thanks to him. The D looked faster as well. unfortunately we didn't get to see Edwards Woodsmall or Labat but the rest of the young guys made some good plays. I liked what I saw but we still need alot more out of the D by next fall. Today was a nice step in the right direction at the very least.

Nice recap. Do you think the offense will be better than last season?

Nice recap. Do you think the offense will be better than last season?

So many variables. It could be, mostly because last years offense didn't reach their potential because of the injury to Hanson.

If the oline is up to snuff I think I could be. Mostly because of Golladay. He made my jaw drop today and he's only going to get better stronger and faster. If sparks emerges or they feed the beast that Shaugs is they will be very formidable.

So many variables. It could be, mostly because last years offense didn't reach their potential because of the injury to Hanson.

If the oline is up to snuff I think I could be. Mostly because of Golladay. He made my jaw drop today and he's only going to get better stronger and faster. If sparks emerges or they feed the beast that Shaugs is they will be very formidable.

Saw a tweet that Jer had at least one nice run. How'd he look? When he came here I know I was really excited about him but haven't seen a whole lot from him since.

The O line is definitely going to be a major factor. They really need to stay healthy. And it will depend on how fast the QBs grow up when they are playing under real game conditions. The offense has the potential to be a lot of fun to watch.

Where did they use Golladay the most? The slot or on the outside? Hardin just kind of go through the motions today?

Outside mostly. Put the db on an island. He made some really nice moves with the ball from the slot also.

Hardin as very limited reps like he should since he has nothing to prove. He did look a step quicker and my explosive though. A little thicker as well.

Saw a tweet that Jer had at least one nice run. How'd he look? When he came here I know I was really excited about him but haven't seen a whole lot from him since.

He looked good and quick and faster than last year. His problem issuing enough guys miss and being able to outrun the last man since he doesn't break tackles.

I'd take Shaugabay over him right now though. No question.

He looked good and quick and faster than last year. His problem issuing enough guys miss and being able to outrun the last man since he doesn't break tackles.

I'd take Shaugabay over him right now though. No question.

Shaugaby has turned into a punishing runner.

I will confirm what everyone else has already said, Golladay is a beast. Wow. On top of that, the WR corp looks absolutely stacked. Going to be some guys not getting some time that deserve it. I was a little surprised that Robertson didn't do much, looked like he wasn't even out there right away. Wondering if he's still learning the playbook.

Both QB's had their moments and both showed some lapses, to be expected.

Lots of passing, not much running but Varner, Shaugaby and Garman all had some nice runs. Saw Sparks walking around on the sideline, wish he could have seen some action.

Looked like Kleason tweaked something in his leg and I think Finley left a little early as well.

I can confirm that Mackey was absolutely livid at something, I think he thought someone tripped him, possibly on Golladay's run. Golladay came over towards the end and apologized towards the end of the scrimmage.

Loved the energy from the coaching staff as well.

Also forgot to mention that I was impressed with the amount of student-athletes from other sports in attendance. Saw quite a few of the men's and women's hockey team in the tailgating lot before the game. Saw the majority of the men's basketball team there for the entire game. Also saw Dodson (baseball coach) and Jones along with one of his assistants. Not sure how many others were there, but that is always good to see them supporting each other.

Had some very nice runs. Also thought he looked bigger. Has some thickness to him.