SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs MICHIGAN TECH - Saturday Game 2

AZSIOUX

There is simply no excuse for tonight. None. Period. :angry:

I don't care how hard Michigan Tech worked or how good their game plan was, they finished 10th in the WCHA for one very simple reason: They are not a good team. But when you don't show up for 40 minutes, get beat to every puck, give up an odd-man rush with 2 minutes left in the game that ends up in the back of the net, you get what you saw tonight. :glare:

I can't believe I am going to say this, but here it is: We are the underdogs for Game 3. Tech has confidence now (thanks to us) and we haven't looked all that impressive for several weeks now. There is a good chance we get beat tomorrow night and will then have to hope for an at-large bid to the NCAAs, where we'll probably get shipped out east someplace. And even if that happens, I don't see this team going very far. I hope I am wrong, but I have a sinking feeling that I am not. :sad:

I am thinking the same thing. This team just isn't the same as teams of the past. We need someone to go to the wizard and get a heart besides Kristo. Knight has a ton of assists, but when is the last time he scored? I think he is letting the pressure of hobey get to him. Parks took that stupid penalty during the major and killed any chance at momentum. This team was just looking at each other and waiting for the other guy to make the play. I hope that Hak gets after this lack luster bunch lights them up. This isn't UND hockey what we have been playing the last 4 weeks.
  • Upvote 3

I have never seen a recent Sioux team at this time of the year with this much dead weight. When Tech takes it to you at home it's time to wonder. We fired the coach that seemed to have the passion and got absolutely no upgrade defensively - especially with the number of returners. Time for Hak to get it done! Picture this group next year without Knight, Kristo, and McWilliams.

SSSSSHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEERRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I doubt Hak will ever "get it done" ... that is win a Title. He's coasting, and it shows on the ice.

I wouldn't quite throw in the towel on Hakstol. Every team is different. No one saw the 1996-97 team winning NCAA title #6. Heck, no one saw the Hrkac Circus joyride coming in 1986-87. But this year's team is getting really tough to watch.

No sleep for me tonight, but everyone please travel safely if you are going to the game tomorrow evening, weather looking to be extremely fragile.

Hopefully we see a determined group of young men tomorrow evening. I guess hope they feel as sick as some of us feel, and none of us put skates on this evening.

Regroup and go get em tomorrow guys.

One other person is the Team Captain this year how did he become captain no leadership doesn't stand up for anyone like Mario did. Also we had a heathy team this year maybe we needed some bumps and bruises to make the other boys skate harder. I know it's bad to say but it worked in the past

Time to go sleep it off my friend.

I wouldn't quite throw in the towel on Hakstol. Every team is different. No one saw the 1996-97 team winning NCAA title #6. Heck, no one saw the Hrkac Circus joyride coming in 1986-87. But this year's team is getting really tough to watch.

Speak for yourself. After 4 games in 86 we knew that this was the team. As for Dean all he did was win a national one year quicker than we expected him to.

It really seems like some fans only show up after losses just so they can bitch about things. I'm not calling out the people who are here talking about things constructively and what went wrong/right and what we need to do better, but the calls about how we have no leadership, every player sucks, or how great Blais is and how Hak will never win a big one and things like that are really getting sickening. If you want off the bandwagon jump off the rest of the fanbase and the team will be fine without you!

OMG, THE SKY IS FALLING THE SKY IS FALLING!! Your all pathetic! We should be undefeated, any lose means it is over!!

This time of the year, one loss and IT IS OVER!! This team looked very bad tonight. I am not into the next year it will happen thing, because we still have one game to make it to St Paul. Unlike most fans on here, I put my Money where my mouth is and buy final five tickets before the team makes it. So excuse me if I am a bit upset when a #3 seed loses to a #10 seed.