SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ MANKATO - Friday

AZSIOUX

Maybe a dumb question, but....

How much is the webcast?

8.00 I believe each night and it usually becomes available around 7:30 on a 7:37 game. Going to take a wild guess and say they shatter webcast numbers tonight.. Go sioux!! Should be a great match up tonight

Drake top line?! Wow, can see this changing if they don't click by mid game. Hell Danny and Corban are so good anyhow! Go sioux

@UNDMHockey: UND lineup (1/3): Caggiula-Knight-Kristo | Grimaldi-Rowney-Parks | Mi. MacMillan-Ma. MacMillan-Gaarder | Rodwell-Pattyn-St. Clair

@UNDMHockey: UND lineup (2/3): MacWilliam-Simpson | Forbort-Schmaltz | Mattson-Gleason | Goalies: Gothberg-Saunders

@UNDMHockey: Out: Senkbeil, O'Donnell, Panzarella, Chyzyk, Sanderson, Maris | Referees: C.J. Beaurline, Craig Welker | ARs: Tony Czech, Sterling Eagan

We cannot look past the purple cows.

They are tough with their new coach wanting to make a splash. And with the changing landscape of the WCHA, they certainly are going to be gunning for bear.

I am not being a debbie downer when I say I see a split (yet again).

Our seniors need to step up tonight and make a statement of their own. This series will set the stage for the playoffs.

I think it's safe to say that they want to spread out the scoring. I think that is the sole reason they were so hesitant to try Rocco on the top line in the first place.

How was that "spread out the scoring" working before Rocco was moved to top line???

This could be interesting. It could create a mismatch for MSUM. I like the way Rowney and Parks have been playing lately. Could be the makings of a feared top 2 lines. Who do you try to stop with your number one line? Nice game of chess here.

I can see Rocco moved around but not replaced by drake. Hope they click!! Come on boys. Come out flying

IMO the reason Danny and Corbin have been on fire since Rocco joined the line is because he frees up time and space for those 2.

I absolutely agree. Rocco is a loose cannon on the ice. his speed,stick handling and determination mean the opponent is forced to deal with him head on, and that frees the others to make things happen. It helps that Rocco can pass as well as he can skate......

IMO the reason Danny and Corbin have been on fire since Rocco joined the line is because he frees up time and space for those 2.

Another way to look at it is that Rocco can make a meaningful contribution to any line he is on. The trick is finding the combination that yields the most goals for and the least against (the goal of any coach). That is not always placing Rocco (or any player)on the line where HE will score the most goals.

I'm a little surprised by this move as well. In the end what I look at is who the weak cog is on the ice. Who DOESN'T make the right move with the puck and causes a turn over. as much as I love Rocco, and I do love watching him do his thing, I did notice last weekend that he can get a little jacked-up (or I should say, "when he gets jacked up") he tends to NOT have the ability to slow his game down with respect to his centering passes and they often lead to a turn over.

I like Drake a lot as well so we will have to see how he does with the boys. I will be judging him based on his abitity to NOT be the guy that made the play that led to a loss of possession.

I also have really been liking St. Clair.

And I know why Hak is playing Pattyn cause of his toughness and we need it up front this year for sure. but on the other hand Pattyn has been the guy to make possession losing move with the puck often the last few games.

Brad and Jayson on the blog are suggesting that perhaps they put Drake on the top line to try and increase his production and get him out of his scoring drought. He has one goal in the last twenty games. Or to just help balance scoring.