SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Division I Teams?

GeauxSioux

Harvard, Yale, Wisconsin, Brown, Princeton, et al do not seem to have a problem.

Your comparing Wisconsin to Northwestern when it comes to academics :crazy: Northwestern is exactly on par with Harvard, Yale, Brown, etc. when it comes to admissions.

How often are Harvard, Yale, Brown and Princeton competitive? Some of the Big Ten schools would probably start it up if they had the money, but they require a donation because its expensive. Northwestern has the money but will more than likely never do it unless they get a donation specifically for that reason. The school doesn't have a very large fan base either. By far the smallest in the Big Ten. They're located in Chicago and have less alumni in the city than every Big Ten school except Penn State and Nebraska.

This is a good read. They know they're an after thought in the Chicago sports market. http://www.chicagobusiness.com/article/20121117/ISSUE01/311179985/northwestern-sports-root-for-us-too

Yeah it is public school. Though it is ranked in the top 10 public schools in the country. Whereas UND is a community college academically compared to Wisconsin.

It is to Minnesota too, but to compare schools like Minnesota and Wisconsin to schools like Yale, Harvard, Northwestern, etc. academically is a slap in the face to those institutions.

-I know Wisconsin is slightly better than Minnesota academically, but they're basically at the same level. Wisconsin's admissions call for 1 point higher on the ACT.

Your comparing Wisconsin to Northwestern when it comes to academics :crazy: Northwestern is exactly on par with Harvard, Yale, Brown, etc. when it comes to admissions.

How often are Harvard, Yale, Brown and Princeton competitive? Some of the Big Ten schools would probably start it up if they had the money, but they require a donation because its expensive. Northwestern has the money but will more than likely never do it unless they get a donation specifically for that reason. The school doesn't have a very large fan base either. By far the smallest in the Big Ten. They're located in Chicago and have less alumni in the city than every Big Ten school except Penn State and Nebraska.

This is a good read. They know they're an after thought in the Chicago sports market. http://www.chicagobu...root-for-us-too

As anyone knows Wisconsin is by far superior in academics than the U of M. The original question was about finding players that would qualify academically. I pointed out top schools that can get qualified student athletes. What about Colorado College and Denver? High academic requirements there also.

It is to Minnesota too, but to compare schools like Minnesota and Wisconsin to schools like Yale, Harvard, Northwestern, etc. academically is a slap in the face to those institutions.

-I know Wisconsin is slightly better than Minnesota academically, but they're basically at the same level. Wisconsin's admissions call for 1 point higher on the ACT.

ACT is not the only thing that matters. By the way the U of M is ranked 27 spots behind Wisconsin. So if that is your version of slightly so be it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdeOogQJn9Q

Kind of funny, on the Harvard campus around the 9:25 mark we get a glimpse that status isn't always what it's cracked up to be. Perhaps more professors should actually teach rather than push their agenda.

I'm curious what your problem with this is. He was asked his opinion; he gave it. He isn't in the classroom. The video shows nothing about how he approaches teaching. Is it your contention that professors aren't allowed to express their opinions on issues? Or is it just that you disagree with his opinion so you denigrate his teaching?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdeOogQJn9Q

Kind of funny, on the Harvard campus around the 9:25 mark we get a glimpse that status isn't always what it's cracked up to be. Perhaps more professors should actually teach rather than push their agenda.

My UND education may not be as good as a Harvard education, since I didn't know that Saskatchewan had a lot of ice flows, fishing boats or seal hunts. :p

Did you get to do the field trip to Winnipeg? That was a blast.

Never took Geography of Canada. I did get a credit for a class that he had that was going to the Peg. I was going on my own and wrote a couple of pages of what I did there. Since I was visiting ethnic bakeries, meat markets, etc. and listened to CJOB all the time he figured that was just as good. I registered for the class on the last day the class was held. Mrs. Shaft (that total sweetheart) asked how I was going to make up all the work in the class? I told her Dr. Munski sent me over to register for the class and it was ok with him. She just smiled and signed me up.

Trust me, you don't want NDSU to have a hockey program as a Sioux fan. Imagine Bison fans after the first time they beat UND. Think their fans are bad now?

They may not beat UND for awhile, but it would happen at some point.

That is exactly how Wisconsin turned their program into what it is. Their club team beat the goofers, and created a pretty exception rivalry. I could handle eventually losing a game to NDSU in hockey, and the ridicule that goes with it to create another great rivalry. Though if it were to ever happen it would be years down the road. They have been pretty clear about having no interest in a D1 hockey program right now.

That is exactly how Wisconsin turned their program into what it is. Their club team beat the goofers, and created a pretty exception rivalry. I could handle eventually losing a game to NDSU in hockey, and the ridicule that goes with it to create another great rivalry. Though if it were to ever happen it would be years down the road. They have been pretty clear about having no interest in a D1 hockey program right now.

make that "exceptional" rivalry

I agree. Expansion is fun to think about and discuss, but unless a rich alumnus of some school who is crazy about hockey donates millions of dollars tor the specific purpose of starting a team, I don't think any major university is going to start hockey in the foreseeable future.

Along those lines, I've wondered if Oregon would consider starting up a team with Phil Knight being a major supporter. Although it seems that the schools sole focus is football.

Mrs. Shaft (that total sweetheart) asked how I was going to make up all the work in the class? I told her Dr. Munski sent me over to register for the class and it was ok with him. She just smiled and signed me up.

Suzie is the best. She would come into the bike shop all the time when I worked there, what a great lady.

Never took Geography of Canada. I did get a credit for a class that he had that was going to the Peg. I was going on my own and wrote a couple of pages of what I did there. Since I was visiting ethnic bakeries, meat markets, etc. and listened to CJOB all the time he figured that was just as good. I registered for the class on the last day the class was held. Mrs. Shaft (that total sweetheart) asked how I was going to make up all the work in the class? I told her Dr. Munski sent me over to register for the class and it was ok with him. She just smiled and signed me up.

Speaking of the Peg, they have this awesome bar that was connected to a Hotel up there that I stayed at one time that was a lot of fun. But the haze of the years (1996ish) and my age and maybe a ice beer or two has caused me to forget the name of it. :):lol::bigsmile: