SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota @ UNO - indoor/outdoor

AZSIOUX

It is a good idea, in Dec or early January but Feb is not a good time for outdoor hockey. This could end up being a real cluster with re seating of people who want to go if moved indoor. Watching NWS forecast, by 6 pm they are talking rain. I hope this takes a turn to either snow or they better have a good contingency plan.

It is a good idea, in Dec or early January but Feb is not a good time for outdoor hockey. This could end up being a real cluster with re seating of people who want to go if moved indoor. Watching NWS forecast, by 6 pm they are talking rain. I hope this takes a turn to either snow or they better have a good contingency plan.

In GF those months or this month even would be fine. Omaha is another matter. It is a lot warmer there than GF in the winter.

If it rains Saturday (chances are it will not) they will most likely play at the Century Link Center on Sunday. There is a Creighton basketball game Saturday night, but they can probably convert it over pretty quickly withing a couple hours. I am sure there is a contingency plan if the the weather makes it unable to play the game outdoors...even on Sunday.

http://local.msn.com...68102&eid=24405

Thunderstorms predicted for Saturday with a high of 50 degrees,

I found this in the Omaha newspaper from the Mavericks section. "Should the ice become unplayable Saturday, the game would shift to Sunday. And if it's impossible to play outdoors Sunday, the game would be played indoors at the CenturyLink Center on Sunday," Cliff said.

Looks like Cliff Claven is at it again.

• Upvote 1

I found this in the Omaha newspaper from the Mavericks section. "Should the ice become unplayable Saturday, the game would shift to Sunday. And if it's impossible to play outdoors Sunday, the game would be played indoors at the CenturyLink Center on Sunday," Cliff said.

Looks like Cliff Claven is at it again.

Cool thanks for the info. Lets hope it's playable and they won't risk anything if the ice isn't up to par. I've read that Hak is concerned with the ice as I'm sure all coaches/players are with the potential bad weather

The Grand Forks/UND hockey connections between UND and UNO and Lincoln vs Omaha Saturday is pretty crazy

If I miss anyone please let me know or have any info wrong.

UNO

Blais, Johnson coaching

Archibald, zombo, Simonson, turgeon and Belfour playing

Lincoln

Chad Johnson uncle of Luke head coach

Luke Johnson and Paul Ladue playing (UND recruits) cousins??

Omaha

Tucker poolman (UND recruit) playing

The Grand Forks/UND hockey connections between UND and UNO and Lincoln vs Omaha Saturday is pretty crazy

If I miss anyone please let me know or have any info wrong.

UNO

Blais, Johnson coaching

Archibald, zombo, Simonson, turgeon and Belfour playing

Lincoln

Chad Johnson uncle of Luke head coach

Luke Johnson and Paul Ladue playing (UND recruits) cousins??

Omaha

Tucker poolman (UND recruit) playing

Luke and Paul are cousins. Luke's mom is Nancy Vaaler-Johnson (yes the insurance company) and Paul's mother is Carrie Vaaler-LaDue. Simonson's parents are Arch and Mary (Mackie) Simonson and Turgeon's mother is Kathy Homstad-Turgeon. All wonderful people if I do say so.

Bunch if very cool up close pics from players via twitter. Forecast has shifted to 10% so that's better at least. Go sioux

I'm guessing we see similar lineup as we did Saturday. Unless odonnell or chyzk cracks it this week. Gothberg is playing very very well right now. Would be great to see him continue that on the road in a very important series

SIGNIFICANT WINTER STORM POSSIBLE SUNDAY INTO MONDAY...

A SIGNIFICANT WINTER STORM IS POSSIBLE SUNDAY INTO MONDAY. THE EXACT TRACK OF THIS SYSTEM IS NOT CERTAIN AND WILL DETERMINE WHEN AND WHERE THE MOST SNOWFALL AND STRONGEST WINDS OCCUR. THE SYSTEM IS EXPECTED TO TRACK FROM THE CENTRAL PLAINS INTO THE NORTHERN PLAINS ON SUNDAY... AND THEN SLOWLY MOVE EAST ON MONDAY. THIS WOULD SET UP THE POTENTIAL FOR HEAVY SNOWFALL AND STRONG WINDS ACROSS PORTIONS OF THE REGION.

SNOWFALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN SUNDAY MORNING SOUTH OF AN AREA FROM VALLEY CITY TO FARGO TO PARK RAPIDS. THE SNOW WILL QUICKLY MOVE NORTHWARD BY THE AFTERNOON HOURS... BECOMING HEAVY AT TIMES. THE HEAVIEST SNOWFALL IS EXPECTED TO FALL ACROSS SOUTHEAST NORTH DAKOTA INTO WEST CENTRAL AND NORTHWEST MINNESOTA. WINDS WILL INCREASE SUNDAY AFTERNOON... AND MAY BECOME STRONG ENOUGH ALONG AND WEST OF THE RED RIVER VALLEY TO CREATE SIGNIFICANTLY REDUCED VISIBILITY WITHIN BLOWING SNOW.

IT IS CERTAINLY POSSIBLE THAT TRAVEL WOULD BECOME DIFFICULT OR IMPOSSIBLE DUE TO THE HEAVY SNOWFALL AND REDUCED VISIBILITY. IF YOU HAVE TO TRAVEL PLANS SUNDAY INTO EARLY MONDAY STAY TUNED FOR FURTHER DETAILS.

It was already capitalized so don't blame me.

No matter what it looks like the drive home will not be pretty.

A SIGNIFICANT WINTER STORM IS POSSIBLE SUNDAY INTO MONDAY. THE EXACT TRACK OF THIS SYSTEM IS NOT CERTAIN AND WILL DETERMINE WHEN AND WHERE THE MOST SNOWFALL AND STRONGEST WINDS OCCUR. THE SYSTEM IS EXPECTED TO TRACK FROM THE CENTRAL PLAINS INTO THE NORTHERN PLAINS ON SUNDAY... AND THEN SLOWLY MOVE EAST ON MONDAY. THIS WOULD SET UP THE POTENTIAL FOR HEAVY SNOWFALL AND STRONG WINDS ACROSS PORTIONS OF THE REGION.

SNOWFALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN SUNDAY MORNING SOUTH OF AN AREA FROM VALLEY CITY TO FARGO TO PARK RAPIDS. THE SNOW WILL QUICKLY MOVE NORTHWARD BY THE AFTERNOON HOURS... BECOMING HEAVY AT TIMES. THE HEAVIEST SNOWFALL IS EXPECTED TO FALL ACROSS SOUTHEAST NORTH DAKOTA INTO WEST CENTRAL AND NORTHWEST MINNESOTA. WINDS WILL INCREASE SUNDAY AFTERNOON... AND MAY BECOME STRONG ENOUGH ALONG AND WEST OF THE RED RIVER VALLEY TO CREATE SIGNIFICANTLY REDUCED VISIBILITY WITHIN BLOWING SNOW.

IT IS CERTAINLY POSSIBLE THAT TRAVEL WOULD BECOME DIFFICULT OR IMPOSSIBLE DUE TO THE HEAVY SNOWFALL AND REDUCED VISIBILITY. IF YOU HAVE TO TRAVEL PLANS SUNDAY INTO EARLY MONDAY STAY TUNED FOR FURTHER DETAILS.

Looks like one of the perks of staying home.

Looks like one of the perks of staying home.

Goon I am surprised you are not going. If I had been going I would leave Saturday morning and say screw the outdoor game or cancel. I hate driving in bad weather. I will drive in town in anything but not in the country. Mostly I am a lazy driver who hates hassles when traveling.

Goon I am surprised you are not going. If I had been going I would leave Saturday morning and say screw the outdoor game or cancel. I hate driving in bad weather. I will drive in town in anything but not in the country. Mostly I am a lazy driver who hates hassles when traveling.

If I wasn't going to the final five I would be going, but I just can't swing it. I also, don't want to spend 16-18 hours driving this weekend.

Glad I'm coming from Minneapolis and will hopefully be able to skirt around the storm going through Iowa. Drive safe everyone from ND.

Is the game going to be on television (Fox College Sports) as it usually is for a home game? Just wondering because I have a digital cable package in the Twin Cities and curious if I will be able to have people over to watch the game. Figured since it was a different unique game it should be on some cable sports channel but want to make sure.

Thanks for any help!