SiouxSports.com Forum

TV'S

Fetch

I've got a Samsung plasma, magnavox LCD, and Mitsubishi DLHP (projection).

I like the Samsungs picture the best. But they are best placed in a dimly lit room.

The LCD's picture is not as crisp, but works best in a bright room.

The projection is actually my best TV for the money. Picture is better than the LCD, not quite as crisp as the plasma though, but doesn't have nearly the glare that you can get from the plasma. If a guy isn't hung up on a flat screen to hang from the wall, I think these newer projections are great. Mine is a 72" that cost $1,200 two years ago. Probably cheaper now.

I have a 55" Samsung and a 70" Sharp Aquos, both great tvs. Samsung is 3D but don't get a 3D, not enough channels yet and glasses are spendy.

Go to BestBuy.com, they are running some UNREAL deals right now on Samsung tv's, better than Black Friday!! Hurry. Sale is only until Sat.Go Sioux.

Once you're that big, if you want a flat panel, Panasonic plasmas overtake the LEDs that dominate at smaller sizes. The reason is the blacks and the viewing angles, but don't take my word for it... http://reviews.cnet....6475_7-569.html

Other posters are correct that rear projection can look good at even larger sizes, or actual projectors/screens are neat if you have a dedicated video room.

Im leaning towards 70" Visio at Sams LED smart wi fi built in I dont want 3D but 240 mhtz would be good. I have a 47 Viso that has been good other one is Sharp that looks as good - I will have to look at projection

I have a 55" Samsung and a 70" Sharp Aquos, both great tvs. Samsung is 3D but don't get a 3D, not enough channels yet and glasses are spendy.

Go to BestBuy.com, they are running some UNREAL deals right now on Samsung tv's, better than Black Friday!! Hurry. Sale is only until Sat.Go Sioux.

3D glasses cost depends on the type of 3D. Glasses for my tv are $12 each, if that.

3D glasses cost depends on the type of 3D. Glasses for my tv are $12 each, if that.

Yeah, the active ones (that have a mechanical shutter that flips open and closed something like 60 times per second) are over $100. The passive ones (that just have filters that block half the image for each eye, like at the move theater) can be quite inexpensive. Opinions are very mixed on which is "better".

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=is+passive+or+active+3d+better

Im leaning towards 70" Visio at Sams LED smart wi fi built in I dont want 3D but 240 mhtz would be good. I have a 47 Viso that has been good other one is Sharp that looks as good - I will have to look at projection

I got a 55" Samsung LED before xmas...upgraded to a Wi-Fi blue ray player for $75 instead of spending another $200 to have the Wi-Fi TV model ... I agree with going 240 especially in the bigger sizes not sure what you are running for a blue ray player now but might be cheaper to upgrade that instead of the extra on Wi-Fi for the TV