SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL 2013

jodcon

Been fortunate to be a lot of big time sporting events but THAT game last night at the X takes the cake. My first Cup playoff game. Electric and loud. My daughter summed it up best in the 2nd..."Wow..this is really intense"! It was great fun!

And the Black Sheep pregame set the tone for the night. Terrific pizza!

Although I am not a fan of the Wild I was extremely pleased to see that Matt Cooke had an outstanding game and got some much deserved praise from the commentators late in the game.

Cooke was great! You could see right from the drop of the puck the Chicago players had there heads on a swivel for him and the Hawks turned it over a number of times just to avoid a hit from him. He played physical and fast and really kind of just caused havoc when he was on the ice.

• Upvote 3

Excellent, EXCELLENT post. It is so refreshing to see something posted about him that isn't on the same level as something that a person might post about a serial killer. He's just a hockey player, but some people carry on as if he was a mass murderer or something like that. Thank you, sioux rube, for showing me that I am not the only one who gets it and actually has a clue.

So, you're a great self professed hockey mind... How many Matt Cooke jerseys do you own? Just wondering, not trying to troll you or anything. Because I would never do that. But...

Seems like you have one hell of a man crush on the Cookie Monster. Sure, the guy is a good hockey player, I don't think anyone has forgotten that. It's all the extra crap that comes along with him. I want to be clear, Cooke was amazing last night. Wild fans are just waiting for his next screw up when he get tossed out of the NHL for a season and then again gets put on triple secret probation.

How about the Ducks going putting the youngster John Gibson in goal last night and he comes through with 28 saves and a shutout.

Ballsy move by Boudreau. Had it backfired the fans would be asking for his head instead he looks like a genius.

I think every team would love Subban.

yeah, with the elbows he was throwing at Lucic yesterday, he would be a perfect fit for the Bruins. :). Side note - he seriously has a cannon for a shot from the point. Great game for Boston yesterday , finally got their PP going against the Habs and Rask was his normal wall for most of the game. Gonna be tough to close Montreal out in their place but nothing would be sweeter.

Hum... That's an interesting perspective to take.

Especially when we were talking about Subban...:)

I have to say Subban was impressive in his post game interview yesterday...he gave credit to the Bruins for their win and seemed like all he cared about was what they needed to do in game 6 to even up the series. If he didn't act like such a punk on the ice I'd probably like the guy.

• Upvote 3

Wild better be ready right from the get go tonight. They are going to see one fired up Hawks team with 22 thousand rabid fans behind them. Need that first goal to quiet the place down. Oh how I would love to see them be able to send the Hawks packing at the X Tuesday night.