SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL 2013

jodcon

Haha....any of you guys read Goon's Wild vs Hawks prediction? That was a laugher :)

Bryz is screwed up in the head...without being concussed. No way the Wild have any shot with him in net. And that's why I got tickets for next Friday.

As a fan of both the Wild and the Hawks I could honestly see either team winning this series and I think it has a decent chance to go 7. The key to the series is goaltending and specifically if Bryzgalov can give the Wild a chance to win at least until Kuemper can get back or maybe even Harding if Kuemper can't get back as Harding did practice today. If Bryzgalov gives up some of the soft goals he did against Colorado though it might be a pretty quick series. I was a little surprised the NHL decided to start the series tonight rather than tomorrow with the Wild not finishing their 1st round series until late Wednesday. The Hawks should have the advantage tonight being at home and being well rested.

If anyone has kids watching the Bruins games, they should consider watching Bergeron in isolation. Great way to learn how to play the game right. Try to find a mistake, and you may watch for a long time. The guy plays near flawless hockey.

By being in the right position, he makes things look easy. By being ice aware - of everyone on the ice - he can move the puck quickly. He's more likely to deliver a bump or hold his man against the boards than a big flashy hit. In the slot, he ties up his man's stick. Wins 60% of his faceoffs, although his teammates get a lot of that credit. Terrific and underrated.

Yet another alumni of the 2005 World Juniors who played at the Ralph.

Right on...Bergeron looks an awful lot like Toews...he is a great player

...and another blown call on the ice...New York scores...play continues as the ref signals "no goal"...and New York scores again a few seconds later to win it in OT. So the guy who thinks e scored the game winner is probably finding out right now that the game actually ended about four seconds earlier.

I saw some of the Pitt/NYR game but with no volume. I realize Malkin didn't touch the puck with a high stick on Pitt's 2nd goal, but was very surprised to see they allowed it after how he tomahawk chopped Lundquist's glove hand. What was the explanation for allowing the goal? I thought for sure they'd wave it off, and possibly call a penalty on Malkin.

I saw some of the Pitt/NYR game but with no volume. I realize Malkin didn't touch the puck with a high stick on Pitt's 2nd goal, but was very surprised to see they allowed it after how he tomahawk chopped Lundquist's glove hand. What was the explanation for allowing the goal? I thought for sure they'd wave it off, and possibly call a penalty on Malkin.

I thought the same thing but they said it wasn't reviewable. Penalty had to be called on the ice.

Really wasn't much explanation on it. I really didn't think Malkin got Lundquist's glove much at all and Lundquist kind of just tried to sell it but didn't get the call.

Crawford looking very sharp for the Hawks as for Bryzgalov for the Wild not so much. Hawks PP seems to have found life afer being horrible in the series against St.Louis. Wild have had some real nice chances but Crawford has come up big everytime, seems like the Wild have really missed the net a lot tonight too.

Haula is really having another good game for the Wild. Who would have guessed Stoner and Brodziak would both have goals in the same playoff game. Nice rush by Kane to give the Hawks the lead back but Bryzgalov just can't give that type of goal up and Brodin could have played it a lot better.

Wow did Prosser get lost on that Kane goal, aside from in the nets the other big advantage for the Hawks over the Wild is their depth defensively. Not a real bad game from the Wild they had a lot of chances and Crawford was very good but whoever is in the net for the Wild will have to be better and they have to cut down on some of those little mistakes or it will be a 2-0 lead for the Hawks after Sunday.

Interesting that Coach Quenneville put Nordstrom in the lineup ... (6-1, 160 pounds). Expecting the Wild to try skate with the Hawks apparently, which turned out to be a good prediction.

Wild need to clog it up and not let Kane carry the puck at them all night long.

Right ... Give me four great two way centers (Bergeron, Toews, Datysuk, Kopitar, for example), and 8 more guys off intramurals and I'll be just fine up front.

Those 4 guys you named are staples of any franchise. They are on the top of my list, which would include both Crosby, Malkin and getzlaf. Sometimes when talking about the "best" players in the league people simply focus on league leaders in points. Some other people focus on points as well as other very important categories which those 4 dominate in. I still have crosby #1 overall but as I have mentioned more than 10 times....I have PB in my top five overall.

Bryz with 19 straight Cup playoff games giving up 3 goals or more............

One empty netter, one goal that I think could have been saved and three others that were definitely not bryz's fault. They were just tough shots to stop. I though the wild played pretty good and had tons of energy. I hate to say it but I noticed haula a lot, on the other hand I didn't notice granlund whatsoever. The hawks looked like they haven't skated in awhile. They better pick it up if they want to win on Sunday.