SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL 2013

jodcon

Sometimes I am conflicted as well because the FSN crew is so pro Gophers they they can't even recognized the other Division I teams in the state of MN.

Unreal their only mention of college players are gophers.

The only bad thing about the Wild winning is we are again stuck with Lapanta and company for the Hawk series and won't be able to listen to the NBC crew

The only bad thing about the Wild winning is we are again stuck with Lapanta and company for the Hawk series and won't be able to listen to the NBC crew

LaPanties is the worst in the business.

The Wild are going to have to advance then. :)

Pretty sure all games are only televised via national tv from here on out so only NBC, CNBC, or NBCSN. I like Lapanta and the FSN guys but I believe the only way we will hear him the rest of the playoffs is from the pregame and postgame shows FSN will have prior to games.

Pretty sure all games are only televised via national tv from here on out so only NBC, CNBC, or NBCSN. I like Lapanta and the FSN guys but I believe the only way we will hear him the rest of the playoffs is from the pregame and postgame shows FSN will have prior to games.

Sounds good to me

Anyone catch the Bergeron hip check? I didn't think it was horrible but I didn't think Cooke's knee was real bad either. Lot of Montreal fans are pretty upset about Bergeron going after the knee and I can kind of see what they are saying and can see why they would think there was intent there but there is probably a little overreaction on the Montreal fans end although that definitely wouldn't be the first time for that.

• Upvote 1

Anyone catch the Bergeron hip check? I didn't think it was horrible but I didn't think Cooke's knee was real bad either. Lot of Montreal fans are pretty upset about Bergeron going after the knee and I can kind of see what they are saying and can see why they would think there was intent there but there is probably a little overreaction on the Montreal fans end although that definitely wouldn't be the first time for that.

I put the GIF of the hit on the blog.

• Upvote 1

It happened twice before in the entire history of the league...now it's happened twice in four years. While the Kings' comeback is historic, I still think it ranks a notch behind Philadelphia's 2010 Eastern Conference Finals comeback over Boston. Boston, much to Ray 77's and Goon's chagrin, led game 7 3-0 with 5 minutes and 50 seconds left in the first period. They wouldn't score again and lost 4-3 on a third period goal by Simon Gagne.

Other memorable 3-0 series comebacks:

1942 Maple Leafs over Red Wings in the Stanley Cup Finals - ouch

1975 Islanders over Penguins in conference quarterfinals

Note: This is just the SECOND time a team has come back from a 3-0 series deficit while winning game 7 on the ROAD ('10 Flyers being the other one). The '42 Maple Leafs and '75 Islanders won their series' game 7 at home.

Mike Richards and Jeff Carter were part of 2 of these.

Bergeron and Cookes hits are completely different. Bergeron was a clean hit, he didn't alter his course but the Montreal guy did which resulted in the shot to the knee. Cooke stuck his leg out after Barrie moved out of the way.

Funny how if you have an extensive list of suspensions your penalty is worse.

If anyone has kids watching the Bruins games, they should consider watching Bergeron in isolation. Great way to learn how to play the game right. Try to find a mistake, and you may watch for a long time. The guy plays near flawless hockey.

By being in the right position, he makes things look easy. By being ice aware - of everyone on the ice - he can move the puck quickly. He's more likely to deliver a bump or hold his man against the boards than a big flashy hit. In the slot, he ties up his man's stick. Wins 60% of his faceoffs, although his teammates get a lot of that credit. Terrific and underrated.

Yet another alumni of the 2005 World Juniors who played at the Ralph.

• Upvote 2

Glad you mentioned this, I was thinking of Cooke when I watched it. For the record, as much as I detest the Boston franchise I have no problem whatsoever with Bergeron's hit. He got two minutes for it, which is all that it was worthy of. Funny how if your name happens to be Matt Cooke you get thrown under the bus for something that would have been a non-issue if anybody else did it.

He didn't get a penalty for that hit, and rightfully so. It wasn't worthy of anything.

• Upvote 1

Were you the guy that someone tweeted to me on Twitter wearing a Sioux hat and a Bruins jersey? One of my twitter friends pinged me with that. That was a cool picture. I heard this story... That's cool... Sometimes I am conflicted as well because the FSN crew is so pro Gophers they they can't even recognized the other Division I teams in the state of MN.

Ha ha...yeah, that was me.

Glad you mentioned this, I was thinking of Cooke when I watched it. For the record, as much as I detest the Boston franchise I have no problem whatsoever with Bergeron's hit. He got two minutes for it, which is all that it was worthy of. Funny how if your name happens to be Matt Cooke you get thrown under the bus for something that would have been a non-issue if anybody else did it.

Agreed, I too thought a two minute penalty was fine there. One thing, you have to consider the type of player each is as well as their prior history. PB is a legend, while Cooke is a mess. Just my thoughts.

Thought it was a great open ice hit, looked to make contact above the knee-more in the thigh area. Smart way to break up the rush considering he had lost his stick. Better than either letting him skate right by or dragging him to the ice.

Cooke is "a mess" only based on the flawed preconceived notions that people have of him. Over the years he has been made out to be a boogeyman and people have been naive enough to fall for it. Other than that little minor detail I concede your point.

I am simply going by the paper trail of fines. Leaving out names, one player has a significant rap sheet the other does not.

I pretty much agree 100% with what you said right there, but you know as well as I do that you would have a completely different opinion had Matt Cooke done the same exact thing. That is where you and I are different, my opinion will be the same regardless who does it.

Swing and a miss.