SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota @ Minnesota

AZSIOUX

Will you ever stop moving the goalposts? First he was a wuss which is verifiably false given his fight history in juniors and in the pros, then it was he sat in the stands in the playoffs which is false given stats prove he played in every game that year (something only a handful of other players did) including an assist against Denver in the WCHA final, now you're going to argue his minutes were limited. Keep swinging, Goon.

Try and keep up Skippy... I was talking about the NHL playoffs last season.

So then you agree that your original claim he would run from a fight was a bald faced pile of crap. Thanks.

Nope!!!! Hardly. In college, Bickel was your typical high behind the refs and run you mouth type Gopher. When he got to the pros his only way to stay in the lineup is to drop the gloves.

Nope!!!! Hardly. In college, Bickel was your typical high behind the refs and run you mouth type Gopher. When he got to the pros his only way to stay in the lineup is to drop the gloves.

He didn't earn 215 PIM in the USHL the year before by dancing. The only thing typical here is your ignorant and false commentary of anything gophers related. :)

He didn't earn 215 PIM in the USHL the year before by dancing. The only thing typical here is your ignorant and false commentary of anything gophers related. :)

Okay, normally...you are fairly decent...but I will bite. Did Goon say in the USHL? No, he said in COLLEGE. Bickel was a hack in college. Only reason he isn't as much of one in the NHL is because if you are that big of hack or that dumb to try and pull that stuff..your teammates will kick your ass for the other team see Robbie Earl and diving.

• Upvote 1

I know the incident you're talking about and its laughable to say Bickel hid behind the refs. Bickel was jawing with sioux players, probably Finley, and the ref and Lucia simply got in between them to make sure nothing more happened or it could've gotten ugly, at least it would've for Finley.

Okay, normally...you are fairly decent...but I will bite. Did Goon say in the USHL? No, he said in COLLEGE. Bickel was a hack in college. Only reason he isn't as much of one in the NHL is because if you are that big of hack or that dumb to try and pull that stuff..your teammates will kick your ass for the other team see Robbie Earl and diving.

Players can't fight in college and fighting majors at the college level are few and far between and that's even true of players at UND. The evidence suggests that at levels where fighting didn't make him lose time he engaged, yet in college he uncharacteristically became a hack? Whatever, but if that's your argument you sound just like Gophers fans you love to rip. I'll bow from this angle because we're not going to agree and it really has nothing to do with this game. :)

Anything more than two points for the Sioux is amazing. This program is all about high expectations and winning games, but lets be realistic and hope for two points against a hot team in a tough environment.

I'm done with the officials talk. We know they get more pp's at Mariucci, just the way it is. I think a poster brought up a great stat earlier. The Sioux swept the gophers at the mooch one year when there was a 23-8 powerplay differential.

I'm thinking the better team will win in the long run in this series. Worked out that way last year when Minnesota was the better team, and the years before when UND ended Minnesota's season.

This is the series that we've been waiting for. I predicted that we'd be the two teams to beat in the league, and here we are; identical records, tied for fewest losses (all in league games). Both have played well against the top tier non-conference. Biggest surprise to me is that minny mouse's d is stingier than ours.

I think the Sioux are deeper at forward. I think the Goofs have a better goalie.

Kristo and Knight have been very special together. I think we see at least one game where they show how special they really are. Ideally, Rocco will also decide to show how special his skill is during the same game.

Speed kills on the big ice. Danny, Rocco, Mark Mac all have an extra gear. Lets see them use it. Speed, tape to tape passes. We need to attack the offensive blue line with speed and numbers.

Knight with Kristo and Mitch Mac

Mark Mac with Caggiula and Rocco

Rowney with Parks and St Clair/Gaarder

Pattyn with Rodwell and Gleason

This lineup would give any team fits...first line has two likely all Americans, second line loaded with speed and skill, third line would own the boards and can finish, fourth line energy with speed.

Knight with Kristo and Mitch Mac

Mark Mac with Caggiula and Rocco

Rowney with Parks and St Clair/Gaarder

Pattyn with Rodwell and Gleason

This lineup would give any team fits...first line has two likely all Americans, second line loaded with speed and skill, third line would own the boards and can finish, fourth line energy with speed.

I'm with you on these combo's with exception of Jim on 4th line. Gaarder has to play Friday IMO. O'Donnell might be a spectator for awhile.

While Clark hasn't had his two best starts, he is our #1. Goth berg has not impressed me at all.

Our D has to play the best 120 minutes of the year this weekend. Mac needs to play physical without ending up in the box. Forbert and Simpson need to just play steady. Mattson needs this to be a breakout weekend.

Keeping Gleason in the lineup helps if a player goes down with injury or penalty

They will be gunning for danny as always on every shift. I will take this 7-1-1 team in their last 9 into any barn. mariucci isnt loud at all unless they have a reason to be. Both teams have the fire power to light that lamp many times, so much high end talent. Could be the first/last crack for many on both squads so im looking forward to a old time classic series. Win friday and anything can happen sat. Rocco up with parks and mark makes sense. There hasnt even been that much chemisty with drake since the first few weeks. Go Sioux!