SiouxSports.com Forum

Balance

Bison06

Mods, I realize this probably shouldn't be in the football forum. However, since many of the discussions that portray NDSU players in a negative way are here, I wanted to at least start it here. Feel free to move it to the appropriate place.

I would like to offer this article as the other side of the story for those on this board that feel NDSU runs a dirty program full of criminals.

So here is some balance to the discussion. Please take the time to read this, as it highlights a quality young man(a few in fact, but one in particular) using his position in society for positive things.

http://e4brokerage.c...Frisco_2013.pdf

Many people in general do great things and don't expect a pat on the back. Tells me something when you feel the need to post something like this to try and offset the actions of other players from the program through out the year. Players doing great things off the field, court or ice happens at every program, including UND.

Many people in general do great things and don't expect a pat on the back. Tells me something when you feel the need to post something like this to try and offset the actions of other players from the program through out the year. Players doing great things off the field, court or ice happens at every program, including UND.

What an asinine response.

Mods, I realize this probably shouldn't be in the football forum. However, since many of the discussions that portray NDSU players in a negative way are here, I wanted to at least start it here. Feel free to move it to the appropriate place.

I would like to offer this article as the other side of the story for those on this board that feel NDSU runs a dirty program full of criminals.

So here is some balance to the discussion. Please take the time to read this, as it highlights a quality young man(a few in fact, but one in particular) using his position in society for positive things.

http://e4brokerage.c...Frisco_2013.pdf

Its a great story and was in the local papers also. Your whole premise for posting was to offset what your players did off the field, that is what looks bad. There is really no reason to start putting "feel good" stories out to try and offset any legal problems your team had off the field. Two completely un-related things.

I am happy for the little boy though, once in a life time memory for him and his family!

Its a great story and was in the local papers also. Your whole premise for posting was to offset what your players did off the field, that is what looks bad. There is really no reason to start putting "feel good" stories out to try and offset any legal problems your team had off the field. Two completely un-related things.

I am happy for the little boy though, once in a life time memory for him and his family!

No my premise for posting was to offer the other side of the story, so you guys don't start believing your own propaganda.

What an asinine response.

I feel terrible for the kid. No one that age should have to go through that. Pat on the back to current and former players for making him feel better and giving him and his family a great memory.

However, I find your reasoning for posting the story on this board interesting. Your explanation for why you were posting says as much. Athletes all over the country do great things for kids and don't expect the pat on the back you want us to give.

I feel terrible for the kid. No one that age should have to go through that. Pat on the back to current and former players for making him feel better and giving him and his family a great memory.

However, I find your reasoning for posting the story on this board interesting. Your explanation for why you were posting says as much. Athletes all over the country do great things for kids and don't expect the pat on the back you want us to give.

Quote my post where I asked for a pat on the back.

All I'm asking for, if anything, is that people quit with the "NDSU football players are all criminals and UND players will all be lawyers and doctors"

Just when you begin to think there are some reasonable posters on this board, you guys change my mind back again.

Thanks for the reality check guys.

All I'm asking for, if anything, is that people quit with the "NDSU football players are all criminals and UND players will all be lawyers and doctors"

Just when you begin to think there are some reasonable posters on this board, you guys change my mind back again.

Do you have a link for that quote in your post?

• Upvote 1

No problem. Sorry to disappoint you because we know that the forum for your school is so level-headed and reasonable.

• Upvote 1

Pretty much dead on. I would love to see what would happen if someone would go to FU's message board and post some stories about the things that UND's student athletes do in the community with no expectation of attention or recognition.

No my premise for posting was to offer the other side of the story, so you guys don't start believing your own propaganda.

Seriously?!? You felt a need to post this story on a UND Message board in hopes that UND fans will change their mind about NDSU players? I just don't get it. It's a great story, I read it in the paper a few days ago but really? I happen to wander over to bville every now and then and it's crazy all the stuff they say about UND over there. On occasion, very rarely, I will chime in and exchange a barb or two, but never have I felt the need to try to convince the message board what UND is "really" about. Bisonville is an NDSU fan board, they have their right to drink the kool-aid and post anti UND posts all they want. Doesn't matter to me or any of the UND fans. NDSU fans however just can't handle it if someone disrespects their team. Whether it's here, AGS, or any other message board...NDSU fans show up and attack poster for disrespecting them. I just don't get it... :sad:

• Upvote 2

I know not all FU football players are criminals. They have had players doing great things off the field for years. You don't have to post stories to prove that. It does tell a lot though that you feel the need to post one great story on this board to offset a years worth of behavior off the field. That is why you posted the story isn't it?

UND has players that go great things for fans in the community as well. I could give you a laundry list of things done this year alone. Some very touching stories there as well. They do them because its the expectation of the program and those within our athletic dept.

• Upvote 1

Seriously?!? You felt a need to post this story on a UND Message board in hopes that UND fans will change their mind about NDSU players? I just don't get it. It's a great story, I read it in the paper a few days ago but really? I happen to wander over to bville every now and then and it's crazy all the stuff they say about UND over there. On occasion, very rarely, I will chime in and exchange a barb or two, but never have I felt the need to try to convince the message board what UND is "really" about. Bisonville is an NDSU fan board, they have their right to drink the kool-aid and post anti UND posts all they want. Doesn't matter to me or any of the UND fans. NDSU fans however just can't handle it if someone disrespects their team. Whether it's here, AGS, or any other message board...NDSU fans show up and attack poster for disrespecting them. I just don't get it... :sad:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Who's posting the propaganda here? I think it's you and NDSU. Most people do good things without expecting everybody to praise them for it. Apparently that's lost on you and many other NDSU folk.