SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota vs CC

AZSIOUX

When's Rocco back out in the ice? Tuesday or wed? Look forward to seeing this team with every playmaker in the lineup! Radke still a week or two away?

Radke's out of eligibility but Rodwell is a week or two away I believe. Tough decisions to make when Rodwell is back.

Tough decisions to make when Rodwell is back.

Not after watching Gaarder and St. Clair this past weekend IMO. Tough to sit either one of those guys even for a healthy Rodwell.

My 4th line...the General centering Connor and Colton.

Not after watching Gaarder and St. Clair this past weekend IMO. Tough to sit either one of those guys even for a healthy Rodwell.

My 4th line...the General centering Connor and Colton.

Same type of players except Connor has added scoring. Rodwell hasn't sat many games if at all in his career and that's for a reason. Not saying he won't sit here and there but it won't be nightly. St Clair has a role along with the general. If odonnell doesn't start getting it going gaarder can play over him but then you start flippijg guys as gaarder isnt a top 2 line guy. 21 already sat this year along with Gleason and mattson. I see odonnell staying in the lineup so it's going to be a hell of a tough decision. maybe flip flop 2 guys fri/sat for a few weeks to keep everyone fresh. Do we see Zane anytime soon?!?

Same type of players except Connor has added scoring. Rodwell hasn't sat many games if at all in his career and that's for a reason. Not saying he won't sit here and there but it won't be nightly. St Clair has a role along with the general. If odonnell doesn't start getting it going gaarder can play over him but then you start flippijg guys as gaarder isnt a top 2 line guy. 21 already sat this year along with Gleason and mattson. I see odonnell staying in the lineup so it's going to be a hell of a tough decision. maybe flip flop 2 guys fri/sat for a few weeks to keep everyone fresh. Do we see Zane anytime soon?!?

Rodwell and ODonnell pass the "eye"test, but they haven't done much IMO to have secure line-up spots. Gaarder to me is a top 9 guy over Mitch Mac or ODonnell. I think Colton brings more 2 way play than Rodwell on the 4th line. Hype and potential only get you so far then you have to produce. Rodwell and ODonnell haven't that.

I just watched the Friday Holy Cross game for the first time. O'Donnell had a very good game, but once again had nothing to show for it. His passes are very good and he has surprisingly good vision and creativity. Where he is really struggling is scoring goals, he has some of the same issues that Kristo had early in his career. He holds the puck too long and either lets the goalie get into position or the shot is blocked by an opposing player. He has had so many open shots this year, he needs to bury a few to get the monkey off of his back. If we can get him to start scoring, our Top-9 will be very formidable.

Rodwell and ODonnell pass the "eye"test, but they haven't done much IMO to have secure line-up spots. Gaarder to me is a top 9 guy over Mitch Mac or ODonnell. I think Colton brings more 2 way play than Rodwell on the 4th line. Hype and potential only get you so far then you have to produce. Rodwell and ODonnell haven't that.

Can't argue here. I think Mitch will be a nice boost to this lineup! They had moments last weekend but yeah odonnell just can't bury one and he got set up from both mcs last weekend. Hype and potential can be used for odonnell but not rodwell. He's a junior now and we all know what we get with him. He also knows and understands his role which is nice. It's a tough 4th line regardless. Hak has some moves to make this week

I don't think gaarder is a good 4th liner. That's my point. He can score but as my buddy jason pointed out he's much more disruptive on both ends on the 4th line with his speed and physical play. we all know rodwell isnt scoring. If gaarder plays he's a 3rd liner at best on this team

I don't think gaarder is a good 4th liner. That's my point. He can score but as my buddy jason pointed out he's much more disruptive on both ends on the 4th line with his speed and physical play. we all know rodwell isnt scoring. If gaarder plays he's a 3rd liner at best on this team

I agree, but I still really like Gaarder as a player. He is a hard-worker, smart, and has decent skill. He just doesn't have the speed or the size to be able to produce consistently at this level (right now). Its almost as if he has an identity crisis, he isn't physical/tenacious (due to his lack of speed) enough to be a good 4th liner, and he isn't skilled enough to be a Top-6 player, but he is still a very good college player. He is consistent, and always makes the smart, safe play. When Rocco is back, I think Gaarder will still be in the lineup, but I really have no idea who is going to sit.

I have a hard time sitting Gaarder. On his bad nights he's still at least always a pain in the ass for the other team.

It's going to be a very tough decision but a decision Hak wished be had at this point on last season. Whoever doesn't play Friday may get a crack sat with this group of forwards.

I agree, but I still really like Gaarder as a player. He is a hard-worker, smart, and has decent skill. He just doesn't have the speed or the size to be able to produce consistently at this level (right now). Its almost as if he has an identity crisis, he isn't physical/tenacious (due to his lack of speed) enough to be a good 4th liner, and he isn't skilled enough to be a Top-6 player, but he is still a very good college player. He is consistent, and always makes the smart, safe play. When Rocco is back, I think Gaarder will still be in the lineup, but I really have no idea who is going to sit.

Yeah I see him as a 3rd liner exactly! You nailed his skill sets and he has proven he can play at this level. I like Rocco on top 2 if gaarder is on 3rd. If gaarder plays on the 4th then you can get more creative with Rocco and that 3rd line.

I dont think they should sit Rodwell, he is a good 4th line checking forward. are u guys talking about goals or assists cuz Gaarder hadn't scored in 15 games the paper said and I don't know how many assists he has, so the only person I see possibly sitting if Gaarder plays is O'Donnell and I don't see that happening unless O'Donnel can't produce

I dont think they should sit Rodwell, he is a good 4th line checking forward. are u guys talking about goals or assists cuz Gaarder hadn't scored in 15 games the paper said and I don't know how many assists he has, so the only person I see possibly sitting if Gaarder plays is O'Donnell and I don't see that happening unless O'Donnel can't produce

That's how I see it as well. Rodwell is the guy for that 4th line. Once everyone is back then that last 3rd line spot will come down to odonnell and gaarder. Probably a important weekend for odonnell and how he plays on both ends

Odonnell hasn't impressed me the least bit so far with the Sioux. I honestly have barely even noticed him. However, he's not a 3rd or 4th line player.....but from what I've seen he's not a 1st or 2nd liner either....I've been pretty confused with all the hype I've seen in this forum regarding him. Hopefully he picks it up.