SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ NDSU

bincitysioux

I was at the game on Friday night (first UND vs. NDSU game I've attended in Fargo), and I must say that I didn't see two teams that "suck." I also didn't think that NDSU looked horrible, given that all of their bigs were sitting on the bench injured. If they would have had a stronger inside presence, they could have given Evers and Wall a run for their money, and the score would have been much closer throughout. Now I did see that Dani DeGagne couldn't hit from the field to saver her life, but that Linzy girl looked strong to make up for it.

I guess what I am saying is that I think, this year, both teams might be underachieving and their records are deceiving. NDSU beat a strong Harvard team, with an Olympian at the #5 spot, who could hit consistently from 3. That same Harvard team walloped UND. I assume that NDSU had many of their bigs in for its game with Harvard.

As for UND being winless going into the NDSU game: They had played some very strong competition (excluding the exhibition games) to start off the year and they played without one of their best inside players in Wall, who was injured. In fact, if you count the exhibition games, UND won every game it definitely should have, and everyone of its losses came against established Division I programs, that probably should have beaten them. Harvard was the only one that surprised me, given that we handled them pretty well last year at their building.

So, I think the talk of the demise of either UND and NDSU in WBB is being greatly inflated. Both teams do seem a bit raw at times, especially, in the back court, but give both teams time to gel, mature and heal (especially at the Guard spots) and they'll come around.

As an aside, I sat next to the Mothershed twins at the UND-NDSU game, and it took all I had to not lean over and tell them how much we missed them in the back court. That said, it was great to see the twins again and to know they're sticking around to lend their alma mater some support.

No that was a decent win vs a team that had some talent and a decent coach. NDSU WBB is pathetic, congrats on helping Dehoff get one step closer to termination.

Nope. It was also said by a Bison fan here last year. It's generally the pattern when FU loses.

[bold] Both teams looked lousy [/bold] ......and if either UND or NDSU want to Dance they better get a helluva lot better shooting from the field, getting those offensive rebound....and Brekke needs to work on free throws. Both

were ugly......UND less so in the final 6 minutes.

[bold]Both of these teams suck [/bold] but someone had to win and UND stepped up.

Exact same quote after Fargo State lost to UND last year in basketball.