SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ NOTRE DAME - Saturday

AZSIOUX

Final SOG 41-31 Notre Dame

UND played better than the score indicated, had many good scoring chances and played better defensively than they have the last few games.

Unfortunately 2 of the 4 goals given up by Zane would have to classified as 'bad goals'.

A split at this place is not too bad.

SOG people...SOG!!! A team can't give up +/- 40 a game and win consistently...regardless if not many are grade A chances. Berry needs to tighten the screws!

Just south of 160 SOG the past 2 weekends is not Sioux hockey.

First 4 games were against Alaska teams. Since then the shots have been very high. I agree on scoring chances are what matter but it also shows puck possession which he didn't have all weekend except 3rd period tonight. Must tighten up. Lot of rubber on Zane and Clark this year. I think shot attempts were like 77-34 Friday night. Go sioux! Tough 6 games before the break! I said 5-3 would be a nice goal so 1-1 with 6 to go.

second half runs are not a given. have they fortunate to have done it each of the last 8 years-yes. one of these years it won't happen and we will be sitting at home after the WCHA playoffs. however it is utterly ridiculous to put yourself in a position where you have to go on a second half run every season. parity will catch up with us one of these years.

second half runs are not a given. have they fortunate to have done it each of the last 8 years-yes. one of these years it won't happen and we will be sitting at home after the WCHA playoffs. however it is utterly ridiculous to put yourself in a position where you have to go on a second half run every season. parity will catch up with us one of these years.

Neither are splits on the road against one of the hottest teams in the cuntry. :huh:

Neither are splits on the road against one of the hottest teams in the cuntry. :huh:

t

this is beyond tonights game this is in regards to sat in alaska, sat at home against alaska, sat at home against bu, sat at scsu and fri at home against duluth. there is absolutely no reason this team should not have won TWO of those game-none. instead all you see and hear is it is november, this team is still learning, let them develop. DU lost more this offseason than we did and they aren't struggling too much. BC lost a hell of a lot more than we did and I don't see them "learning" in november. last I checked york and BC have won more titles in the last 7 months than we have in a 12 years. these "slow" starts are pathetic. you would think you would start to see some improvement if they are "learning"-where is it?

The total lack of grasping whatever D system Berry is putting in place is what is alarming...6 weeks in and not much has changed. He was brought in for a specific reason yet that seems to be be our biggest weakness to date.

Didn't think it would this much of struggle defensively at this point.

Not surprised by Zane's play tonight...young, on the road vs. good team that wanted a win badly. He isn't Clark...yet.

Being a fan doesn't mean being Pollyanna or cheer leading no matter what or having blind faith and ignoring bad play.

Passing has not been even passable (pun intended) and we continue to lose foot races and one on one battles. I am not upset with the outcome, I'm upset with the poor play.

A lot of standing around and hoping Rocco or Danny create something.

D that fall back, because they aren't quick enough to save the offensive play.

This is a Sioux team that lacks physicality on offense and defense. Haven't seen a team lose perimeter battles this bad in years.

Kristo, MacMillan, and Rocco can't provide the offense every game too.

Passing and transition play is bad too, but we've seen poor play there for the last few games.

A healthy Parks will be nice. Maybe Mitch Macmillian adds something to the team after the semester. The team needs a spark!

t

this is beyond tonights game this is in regards to sat in alaska, sat at home against alaska, sat at home against bu, sat at scsu and fri at home against duluth. there is absolutely no reason this team should not have won TWO of those game-none. instead all you see and hear is it is november, this team is still learning, let them develop. DU lost more this offseason than we did and they aren't struggling too much. BC lost a hell of a lot more than we did and I don't see them "learning" in november. last I checked york and BC have won more titles in the last 7 months than we have in a 12 years. these "slow" starts are pathetic. you would think you would start to see some improvement if they are "learning"-where is it?

Couldn't agree more - with what we have returning no way I expected this start - when will Hak's teams start playing the first half of the year - this can't be part of a winning stategy - and a coach got fired to give us this defense

Heard first hand from someone in the know within the athletic department that was also around during Berry's 1st stint that he is very, very, very patient w the players..."almost to a fault" was the quote.

Heard first hand from someone in the know within the athletic department that was also around during Berry's 1st stint that he is very, very, very patient w the players.."almost to a fault" was the quote.

Name me another top flight team that doesn't start playing up to potential until late January