SiouxSports.com Forum

Pre Spring 2013 Team Outlook

geaux_sioux

I know basketball and hockey are just reaching conference tournament time but I just cannot wait for football this upcoming season! So excited to see Mollberg and how he can handle the offense and excited to hopefully see our defense improve. I have always been a big fan of Javen Butler so hopefully he can step up.

• Upvote 2

It would be nice to get the Cal QB, Allan Bridgford. Although if he does graduate this summer he is eligible to go to FBS schools. Has one, possibly two years of eligibility. Works well in pro style offense.

I agree. I think that it would be good from two standpoints:

1. Increased competition for the position.

2. Insurance against one or both freshmen getting injured or not being quite ready yet.

It would be nice to get the Cal QB, Allan Bridgford. Although if he does graduate this summer he is eligible to go to FBS schools. Has one, possibly two years of eligibility. Works well in pro style offense.

After watching this I wouldn't touch that qb with a ten foot pole. His mechanics are god awful. He pushes the ball with t-Rex arms instead of flicking the ball with a fully extended arm. He's inaccurate and doesn't throw a very nice ball. He's no Braden Hanson to say the least. Ill gladly sick with Bartels and Mollberg instead.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=jQKDVkQeymk&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DjQKDVkQeymk

Pj sparks was named the beef master for 2013 and Seth Stanchik was named the 'big guy' beef master for 2013. Impressive that sparks beat out Bridges who has a huge advantage with his low weight. Also nice to see Stanchik win this. He struggled after coming back from that gruesome leg injury last year, hopefully this next year he can be a beast.