SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota @ Notre Dame - gobble gobble

AZSIOUX

UND travels to South Bend for another big non conference series vs the golden domers. Will the real ND please stand up.....

2 Edina, 1 apple valley and Mario Lucia on Notre dame. I believe those were Mario's first 2 games of season this last weekend?? Guessing he had a injury.

*****saturdays game is at 4pm central time im sure so those domers can watch their football team lose to USC :)

Go SIOUX!!

For those lucky enough to make the trip to South Bend there will be official UND Pregame Socials

Via UND Alumni Newsletter

Join fellow UND alumni, family and fans for pregame socials before each game of the University of North Dakota and the University of Notre Dame men’s hockey series. All are invited to these events complete with UND door prizes, a cash bar and menu items which will be available for purchase.

When: Friday, November 23 | 4:30-6:30 p.m.

*Game time: 7:35 ET

Saturday, November 24 | 2-4 p.m.

*Game time: 5:05 ET

Where: Brothers

1234 N Eddy Street Suite 125

South Bend, IN 46617

New weekend and who knows, a win like sat night can hopefully get these guy clicking both ways! Zane was very shaky and I'll admit I was thinkin he could get pulled after 1 but hung in and made some good quality saves in the 3rd. Good to see a freshman goalie do that! Panzerella is a nice fit along with Macs speed and skill on top line. Big games!

I will be watching the games live. It's become a Black Friday tradition for us to go to a game at The Ralph but this year they are on the road so this streaming Video will have to do.

I was watching some of Notre Dame's video highlights and the camera work leaves a lot to be desired IMO. The top cam angle seems very low, only about 5 rows above the players bench and they often switch to the ice-level camera. I'm sure this will cause umbrage.

May the best interlocking 'ND' team win!

if you go onto notre dame's athletic site and search hockey, if you find the schedule it is showing that there will be live video for both games this weekend.

http://www.und.com/s...ckey-sched.html

This is the link to their website and I talked to their media people and the game will be on streaming. Under next event just click on the link provided.

Is it just me or does it seem like our d men and sometimes our forwards take a little to long to get out of there zone a lot which gives the players on the other team time to get in position, I mean I know our players need to get in position but it just seems like they take too long sometimes.

Last week it was noticeable as they were taking forever to make that first pass and when they did it seemed like it didn't connect much. Just let Rocco skate it in everytime he's out there :) He gets so low and is so fast not many can touch him. Look forward to these games and I wonder of each goalie gets a crack?

If Notre dame was to join new conference they could have had a ND riavlry trophy with each others ND on each side.

Is it just me or does it seem like our d men and sometimes our forwards take a little to long to get out of there zone a lot which gives the players on the other team time to get in position, I mean I know our players need to get in position but it just seems like they take too long sometimes.

Holding the puck below the red line way too long might have something to do with it!

Our defense in our own zone (both offensemen and defensemen) has to be the worst in the nation....just has to. We have been outshot in almost every game and it appears to me everyone is standing around watching the opposing team. I have yet to figure out why this team isn't playing up to their potential. In every game they have played (except Friday's BU game) I thought they have looked like the inferior team. I have no doubt they will figure it out....but I hope it is sooner rather than later.

Our defense in our own zone (both offensemen and defensemen) has to be the worst in the nation....just has to. We have been outshot in almost every game and it appears to me everyone is standing around watching the opposing team. I have yet to figure out why this team isn't playing up to their potential. In every game they have played (except Friday's BU game) I thought they have looked like the inferior team. I have no doubt they will figure it out....but I hope it is sooner rather than later.

Berry was hired specifically for improving our D-man and overall defensive play. I agree with you that our defense in our own zone has been just slightly north of hapless. I'm just really, really surprised Berry hasn't made a more positive impact in that regard to date.

You think our defense is the worst in the country?

We give up 2.4 goals per game... 4th in the WCHA.

I'd watch some more teams before you label us the worst.

Last week it was noticeable as they were taking forever to make that first pass and when they did it seemed like it didn't connect much. Just let Rocco skate it in everytime he's out there :) He gets so low and is so fast not many can touch him. Look forward to these games and I wonder of each goalie gets a crack?

If Notre dame was to join new conference they could have had a ND riavlry trophy with each others ND on each side.

I just hope they start getting faster getting to their break outs and on there breaks outs because right now they're passing isnt near good enough to get around the other team except for Rocco's, he just needs to start taking the puck right to the net again and the rest of the team needs to stop being so lazy!!!!

I just hope they start getting faster getting to their break outs and on there breaks outs because right now they're passing isnt near good enough to get around the other team except for Rocco's, he just needs to start taking the puck right to the net again and the rest of the team needs to stop being so lazy!!!!

They will figure it out and yes I noticed a few times this weekend where they waited a long time behind the net then came confusion. Notre dame has some high end talent in lee, lucia, johns ect...keep that puck moving!

I'm guessing same line up as sat unless parks is in then chyzk may sit. I'm not sure what he does in net but will guess Saunders fri and Zane sat.