SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. BOSTON U - Friday Gameday

AZSIOUX

I was just happy that #3 was alright. Thought they were gonna need the gurney. Must be a real tough kid to survive a vicious hit like that after he fired a shot after the whistle to be able to muster up incredible intestinal fortitutude and not miss a shift.... :glare: :glare: :glare: . His game is very reminiscent of Robbie Earl

Academy Award would have been fitting in this case, I think that was some serious embellishment.

Maybe a penalty for leaving his feet, but no way a five minute major. If you skate into the zone, and continue to play hockey after the whistle blows and fire a shot you probably better be ready to take a hit.

I'm glad my son doesn't understand hockey yet. That was embarrassing for the sport. Reminds me of Brian Gionta acting dead years ago against Michigan State in the NCAA tournament, then hopping up when the Spartan player got a five and BC won in OT. Ohh....and Gionta was on the ice for the game winning goal....no kidding.

After watching the MacWilliam major multiple times this morning. I really don't think it was shoulder to shoulder, I think it was more torso to torso. Vicious hit yes, but I really don't think its even a penalty. MacWilliam worked his butt off to become a physical beast, and now he is getting penalized for it. I'm sorry UND has a good training program.

Oksanen spun around 3 times because he was hit in the body, if you get hit hard enough in the head to spin your body around 3 times, I'm pretty you are no longer living.

• Upvote 2

After watching the MacWilliam major multiple times this morning. I really don't think it was shoulder to shoulder, I think it was more torso to torso. Vicious hit yes, but I really don't think its even a penalty. MacWilliam worked his butt off to become a physical beast, and now he is getting penalized for it. I'm sorry UND has a good training program.

Oksanen spun around 3 times because he was hit in the body, if you get hit hard enough in the head to spin your body around 3 times, I'm pretty you are no longer living.

Ciskie had a good point on his blog, if this was a hit to the head why was he back out on the ice right away. yeah!!!! Hum...

When I coached our school had a policy on head injuries. If a player had done what the BU kid did he wouldn't have been allowed back on the ice for the rest of the game because of an obvious head injury. He'd have to pass a concussion test first (done on a computer). Doesn't matter if he had embellished the incident or whatever.

The NCAA needs to get a policy so things like this don't happen. At least have the kid sit out the rest of the period so crap like this doesn't happen.

I just realized neither of BU's goal scorers should have been on the ice when they scored last night. O'Regan scored the first goal, he was the player who checked Gaarder from behind and only got a two minute penalty. Oksanen apparently broke the record for fastest recovery time for a concussion in order to score his goal.

I just realized neither of BU's goal scorers should have been on the ice when they scored last night. O'Regan scored the first goal, he was the player who checked Gaarder from behind and only got a two minute penalty. Oksanen apparently broke the record for fastest recovery time for a concussion in order to score his goal.

I realized that last night and that's the main reason for a lot of my anger last night about the game. It was all very ironic.

I agree with the comments on the Mac hit and the disallowed goal. It was funny to read Hak's lips: Just f*ing look at it.

All that said, I thought we saw an awesome hockey game last night. It has speed, skill, physicality, and great goaltending on both sides. Definitely worthy of UND vs BU.

Tonight will be interesting, especially if it gets one-sided...

Kristo has absolutely ripped a wrister off the crossbar in two consecutive games...he's a half an inch off...that will change, and when it does...oh boy...

The BU goalie absolutely robbed MacMillan.

Knight has to bury a wide open net...

Any game where Gaarder pots 3, we had better win...

Powerplay needs work, big time