SiouxSports.com Forum

Montana St Game........ Thats Montana St not NDSU

geaux_sioux

We deserved that ass whoopin. This team is SOFT. Anyone can play at home with 72 degrees and no wind. Tough teams can travel and play in any weather. Can't remember the last UND team that was soft..... sorry Mannausau, time to go

I believe it was the garbage team RT inherited when Pat Behrns left after the 1985 season (5 wins in two years). When you lose to Morningside you know your team sucks.

Very disappointed but can't say the result is all that surprising.

As someone else said, UND just doesn't play well on the road in cooler conditions. The two road results with decent games were in San Diego and Sacramento.

Would rate the top of the BSC in this order:

Cal Poly

Montana St

EWU

NAU

The Alerus seems to give UND a 14 pt advantage, but cold road locations UND subtract 14 from its effort.

Still say Hendrickson was the LB that had the craziness to keep this defense together last year, both on the field and off. He definitely wasn't soft. Need that kind of mentality for next year.

Something has to be figured out defensively. I mean they are playing good teams, but they aren't playing the Oregon Ducks every weekend. I'm for a massive overhaul defensively. Change the scheme. Use these last few games to mix and match a bit defensively in order to try and find something that might work. I don't care if they play a 4-3, a 3-4, or a 11-0. Find a defense that works with the guys you have.

Something has to be figured out defensively. I mean they are playing good teams, but they aren't playing the Oregon Ducks every weekend. I'm for a massive overhaul defensively. Change the scheme. Use these last few games to mix and match a bit defensively in order to try and find something that might work. I don't care if they play a 4-3, a 3-4, or a 11-0. Find a defense that works with the guys you have.

We'd shut down the run then.

I believe NDSU's D has given up 55 points so far this whole season!!! Cats hung 55 on UND.

They held SIU to under 200 yards. We held the Cats to just under 700!!!

What has happened on the D side of ths ball this season cannot even be expressed adequately with words.

• Upvote 2

Typical Muss..."best team we've played this year. Had to play perfect game. Needed to get breaks...didn't get any."

So a couple breaks makes score 48-24??? So then we would hear about "moral victory" and/or "we were close"?

Typical Muss..."best team we've played this year. Had to play perfect game. Needed to get breaks...didn't get any."

So a couple breaks makes score 48-24??? So then we would hear about "moral victory" and/or "we were close"?

This used to not bother me as much, but it's really starting to. I can see saying something like that if the final was more like 13-10, but when you get your ass handed to you the reaction should be pissed off, need to make changes, etc....... Just so disappointed and embarrassed right now.....

I believe NDSU's D has given up 55 points so far this whole season!!! Cats hung 55 on UND.

They held SIU to under 200 yards. We held the Cats to just under 700!!!

What has happened on the D side of ths ball this season cannot even be expressed adequately with words.

Watchout Oxbow6...Cratter and dmksioux will claim you love NDSU for bringing them up in this thread.

http://forum.siouxsports.com/topic/17483-a-place-for-people-to-argue-about-ndsu-and-und/page__st__40

Losing 55-10 is something you expect when you play a big FBS payout game against a Big 10 or Big 12 power, not against our supposed conference rival!! We are terribly behind in many aspects and it isn't just talent, so don't think a year or two of recruiting is going to change this. This program needs an attitude adjustment.....desperately.