SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2012/13 (non UND Hockey)

AZSIOUX

@SchlossmanGF: WCHA announces full schedule - Huntsville will play a full 28-game league schedule next season.

@SchlossmanGF: Pretty impressive that WCHA teams were able to fit UAH in for a full 28-game league schedule this late in the process.

When you know your conference is going to suck, you have to try and compensate with a shiny, oversized trophy.

Man how I wish we could be in a conference with such well known national universities like Duluth, St. Cloud, Western Michigan, and Nebraska Omaha!

Courtesy of Andy Johnson at B5Q, here's the B1G trophy for next year:

http://www.buckys5th...trophy-released

*Sorry, that's a liittttlllleeee bigger than I wanted it to be :lol:

Extremely modern design. I'm curious to see what the NCHC comes up with. I still wish we could keep the MacNaughton Cup... classic trophy with space for winning teams to be engraved.

Extremely modern design. I'm curious to see what the NCHC comes up with. I still wish we could keep the MacNaughton Cup... classic trophy with space for winning teams to be engraved.

Exactly my first thoughts of seeing it. They should've just brought back the DQ Cup. :lol:

Man how I wish we could be in a conference with such well known national universities like Duluth, St. Cloud, Western Michigan, and Nebraska Omaha!

This comment perfectly illustrates the arrogant and condecending attitude of the Big 10 schools (particularly Minnesota) towards schools that are not "big time" in anything besides hockey. And it also tells you how low on the food chain hockey is for the Big 10. Enjoy having hockey as a red-headed step-child in your own conference.

• Upvote 3

This comment perfectly illustrates the arrogant and condecending attitude of the Big 10 schools (particularly Minnesota) towards schools that are not "big time" in anything besides hockey. And it also tells you how low on the food chain hockey is for the Big 10. Enjoy having hockey as a red-headed step-child in your own conference.

It was supposed to sound arrogant, it was a joke.

Next time, put a :) or a :p at the end of it. Otherwise, it comes off wrong.

Well I did mean what I said. It's sad leaving the WCHA but one positive is that my school will no longer be associated with the Nebraska Omaha's and Alaska Anchorage's of the world. You can call it arrogant all you want but you're not used to cheering for a Big Ten University like I am.