SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2012/13 (non UND Hockey)

AZSIOUX

Next weeks opponent MSUM tore up CC with their PP tonight.

Tons of penalties in that game...MSUM had 13 PP's and CC had 8. MSUM scored 4 PP goals (including 3 on one 5min major penalty).

MSUM doesn't still play that stupid Ole song after every goal, do they?

Next weeks opponent MSUM tore up CC with their PP tonight.

Tons of penalties in that game...MSUM had 13 PP's and CC had 8. MSUM scored 4 PP goals (including 3 on one 5min major penalty).

MSUM doesn't still play that stupid Ole song after every goal, do they?

That's like asking if they still have cowbells and mullets at their games...:)

I've seen Michigan play the last three weekends now and I have to be honest...I don't think ANYONE in the CCHA wants to run into Red's team come playoff time. The Wolverines are playing much better than they were earlier this season.

Hockey East is anyone's game. Merrimack had Boston College on the ropes last weekend and blew it. Providence College has been a nice surprise this year too.

I've seen Michigan play the last three weekends now and I have to be honest...I don't think ANYONE in the CCHA wants to run into Red's team come playoff time. The Wolverines are playing much better than they were earlier this season.

Hockey East is anyone's game. Merrimack had Boston College on the ropes last weekend and blew it. Providence College has been a nice surprise this year too.

I've noticed the same thing about Michigan. They were god awful all year, but they're playing some pretty good hockey now. Wouldn't be surprised at all if they snuck into the NCAA tournament by winning the CCHA tournament.

I've noticed the same thing about Michigan. They were god awful all year, but they're playing some pretty good hockey now. Wouldn't be surprised at all if they snuck into the NCAA tournament by winning the CCHA tournament.

That's a long ways away yet but the Wolverines seem to have that maize and blue swagger back.

RiverHawks taking it to Merrimack right now 2-0 after 1.

And now 3-0. Kiss the NCAA championship goodbye, let's get the Broadmore.Fortunately for Starman, he'll have Miami and WMU to faun over next year, when CBSSN controls TV for the NCHC. Can't believe they've for the most part ignored televising the teams they will be showing next season. And now a notre dame/HE promotion between periods. Did they make a deal with HE for next year as well?

Riverhawks win 3-1, so the NCAA can start engraving the trophy with their name.

All kidding aside, the River Hawks are a solid team. Their coaching staff has done an excellent job over the past two seasons. That win over Miami in last year's NCAA tournament was no fluke.

All kidding aside, the River Hawks are a solid team. Their coaching staff has done an excellent job over the past two seasons. That win over Miami in last year's NCAA tournament was no fluke.

Yep, I agree, and they looked good again today.

And with the win Lowell takes over the 4th 1 spot.

That's a tough gritty team. Kudos to their head coach...he's done an outstanding job in the past two seasons there.

The conference tournaments are going to be very interesting. I think some upsets may lead to a bubble team getting an auto-bid to the tournament and someone who is pretty sure that they're in is going to be sitting at home watching 16 other teams play.

Oh, the irony.... :)

:lol: Yea, I've seen plenty of those things in Grand Forks as well. Mariucci isn't immune from them either as I saw a guy in cut-off jeans on TV during Saturday night's game. Good times.

Hey bale (pun intended), you know Mankato fans are invited to the SiouxSports.com brunch too, right? You don't need to be a Sioux fan to attend. Granted, it helps, but you're welcome to come join us.

:lol: Yea, I've seen plenty of those things in Grand Forks as well. Mariucci isn't immune from them either as I saw a guy in cut-off jeans on TV during Saturday night's game. Good times.

Hey bale (pun intended), you know Mankato fans are invited to the SiouxSports.com brunch too, right? You don't need to be a Sioux fan to attend. Granted, it helps, but you're welcome to come join us.

Hmm...unlikely to happen as I lug around 2 kids and my wife, but I'll keep it in mind.

That's a tough gritty team. Kudos to their head coach...he's done an outstanding job in the past two seasons there.

The conference tournaments are going to be very interesting. I think some upsets may lead to a bubble team getting an auto-bid to the tournament and someone who is pretty sure that they're in is going to be sitting at home watching 16 other teams play.

I agree....someone like Niagra..... who was swept by Air Force this past weekend.(5-2 & 6-1)