SiouxSports.com Forum

First Fargo South graduate to play for UND?

The Sicatoka

Reading through the updated bios of the current UND mens hockey roster I noticed that Colton St. Clair graduated from Fargo South HS.

I guess I can't think of any other South graduate to play mens hockey for UND. Yeah, yeah, he never wore a South jersey; he just graduated from FSHS while playing for the USHL's Fargo Force. I know. I know.

I know there've been Fargo North graduates (Williams, Kaiser, O'Leary), but I can't come up with any Fargo South graduates.

Anyone?

Reading through the updated bios of the current UND mens hockey roster I noticed that Colton St. Clair graduated from Fargo South HS.

I guess I can't think of any other South graduate to play mens hockey for UND. Yeah, yeah, he never wore a South jersey; he just graduated from FSHS while playing for the USHL's Fargo Force. I know. I know.

I know there've been Fargo North graduates (Williams, Kaiser, O'Leary), but I can't come up with any Fargo South graduates.

Anyone?

??? Moving on. :o)

I wonder why no one from South has ever played D1? Grafton, Minot, GF, FN, and Jamestown have. What about Bismarck?

A couple (recently) have played for Air Force and Harvard. Jared Bye almost walked on to UND and Danny Wurden was close to playing D1.

Tyler Migura was the captain of Harvard when they came to UND last a couple years ago. I think he played his sophmore year at south and then left to somewhere in the ushl. Paul Weisgarber captained air force for a couple years as mentioned above, including for their visit to the Ralph last year.

Danny Wurden played a season at UW-Stevens Point. Erik Galt was standout player for Concordia. Sean Deichart was on St. Thomas.

From North, McLean, i can't remember his first name, played somewhere out east that I forget. Most South grads that could maybe have made it ended up playing golf istead (i think askew).

A lot. It would take a long time to name all of them. I had 4 on my team alone.

A little off topic, but think of how unusual it was for a Central Redskin and son of a NoDak hockey legend to play of the gophers. It is one thing for a Potulny to play for them, but a Gambucci? Jay Potulny played baseball for the Sioux, but Serge was a hockey icon.

• 3 weeks later...