SiouxSports.com Forum

First Fargo South graduate to play for UND?

The Sicatoka

Reading through the updated bios of the current UND mens hockey roster I noticed that Colton St. Clair graduated from Fargo South HS.

I guess I can't think of any other South graduate to play mens hockey for UND. Yeah, yeah, he never wore a South jersey; he just graduated from FSHS while playing for the USHL's Fargo Force. I know. I know.

I know there've been Fargo North graduates (Williams, Kaiser, O'Leary), but I can't come up with any Fargo South graduates.

Anyone?

Reading through the updated bios of the current UND mens hockey roster I noticed that Colton St. Clair graduated from Fargo South HS.

I guess I can't think of any other South graduate to play mens hockey for UND. Yeah, yeah, he never wore a South jersey; he just graduated from FSHS while playing for the USHL's Fargo Force. I know. I know.

I know there've been Fargo North graduates (Williams, Kaiser, O'Leary), but I can't come up with any Fargo South graduates.

Anyone?

??? Moving on. :o)

Tyler Migura was the captain of Harvard when they came to UND last a couple years ago. I think he played his sophmore year at south and then left to somewhere in the ushl. Paul Weisgarber captained air force for a couple years as mentioned above, including for their visit to the Ralph last year.

Danny Wurden played a season at UW-Stevens Point. Erik Galt was standout player for Concordia. Sean Deichart was on St. Thomas.

From North, McLean, i can't remember his first name, played somewhere out east that I forget. Most South grads that could maybe have made it ended up playing golf istead (i think askew).

A lot. It would take a long time to name all of them. I had 4 on my team alone.

A little off topic, but think of how unusual it was for a Central Redskin and son of a NoDak hockey legend to play of the gophers. It is one thing for a Potulny to play for them, but a Gambucci? Jay Potulny played baseball for the Sioux, but Serge was a hockey icon.

• 3 weeks later...