SiouxSports.com Forum

Opening Drive

sioux24/7

All-

Thank you for the kind words regarding Opening Drive. Our director of new media, Matt Schill, worked incredibly hard on it, and we're glad you enjoyed it.

Opening Drive was meant to be less like Through These Doors and more like HBO's Hard Knocks, which is a behind-the-scenes look at training camp only. While we would love to weave it into a season-long show, we just don't have the manpower at this time to produce two high-quality shows like that. We will continue to provide comprehensive video coverage of the football program throughout the year, it just won't be of the behind-the-scenes variety.

A season-long production like Through These Doors takes significant manpower and resources, and while our goal is to eventually provide similar programming for multiple sports, we're not there yet. We are getting there, though.

Keep the feedback coming, positive and negative. It's very helpful.

• Upvote 1

All-

Thank you for the kind words regarding Opening Drive. Our director of new media, Matt Schill, worked incredibly hard on it, and we're glad you enjoyed it.

Opening Drive was meant to be less like Through These Doors and more like HBO's Hard Knocks, which is a behind-the-scenes look at training camp only. While we would love to weave it into a season-long show, we just don't have the manpower at this time to produce two high-quality shows like that. We will continue to provide comprehensive video coverage of the football program throughout the year, it just won't be of the behind-the-scenes variety.

A season-long production like Through These Doors takes significant manpower and resources, and while our goal is to eventually provide similar programming for multiple sports, we're not there yet. We are getting there, though.

Keep the feedback coming, positive and negative. It's very helpful.

Thanks for the update on that situation - Matt did an awesome job with it.

Any thoughts on the intro video/music? I have started a thread on this forum about it. You guys did a great job with it but there were a few common thoughts that people had to tweak it and make it even better. Volume was one of them.

Keep up the good work Jayson!

Any thoughts on the intro video/music? I have started a thread on this forum about it. You guys did a great job with it but there were a few common thoughts that people had to tweak it and make it even better. Volume was one of them.

The audio level was definitely too low and will be addressed for tomorrow's game. Our marketing folks also keep an eye on these discussions, so all constructive feedback is helpful.

• Upvote 1

you mention fireworks. Are they having fireworks after touchdowns or what did you mean? Did they have fireworks after touchdowns last week?

They've had them in the past (pregame, touchdowns, etc.) and I'd like them to return. Anything that makes your ears ring has my vote.

I'd even give up my request for free beer to get them back.